Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuck You Target!! Scanning drivers licenses when buying alcohol

Load Metric

Fuck You Target!! Scanning drivers licenses when buying alcohol

I haven't bought alcohol in a while. I haven't been carded in 15 years . Today I bought some wine coolers at Targets. Clerk says with a straight face that she needs to see Id and I am like what the fuck? I google this practice and see that Targets is stealing peoples ids and selling them off to other merchandisers. This is complete crap especially after Target recently had its databases and customer info hacked. When will these stores like target wake up and provide safe practices in securing their customers private and sensitive data. The clerk can look at your license and calculate your age, there is no reason to scan my info and have them do god knows what with it. I see wallmart and other chains are doing this as well.

Load Metric
    Honest question:

Why are you trying to buy wine coolers at Target?

Comments

Suicide King: This

Load Metric
    You most certainly deserve to be ridiculed for buying wine cooler's, even if they were for your wife, but I I respect the honesty, so I'm not going to be the guy to do it.

Load Metric
    Wife away so went to stock up on some frozen food, hope that is okay with regard to going to Targets. Bought some smirnoff fruit shit because I don't really drink. Just wanted to get a small drunken buzz nothing over the top. I can make bacon and shit like that, but I don't know how to cook anything substantial. I do like the occasional corona now and then but just felt like having some smirnoff. Don't drink that often which is why I didn't even get the wine cooler shit right. Haha I am okay with getting ridiculed for the wine coolers.

Why the fuck do they have to scan my drivers license and download it onto their computer systems though?

Load Metric
    I ALSO LIKE A GOOD SMIRNOFF ICE ONCE IN A WHILE DO NOT LET THESE SLOBS DENY YOU YOUR FEELINGS

Load Metric
    now would you like the subtleties of watching a wnba game or are you gonna ease into it naturally bet under is usually the move

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Life is fairly short and unpredictable. You can go anytime. So the question really is why are you so annoyed buy something so trivial. It took you much longer to write this post than it did to scan your license.

Go get some fresh air.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    I ALSO LIKE A GOOD SMIRNOFF ICE ONCE IN A WHILE DO NOT LET THESE SLOBS DENY YOU YOUR FEELINGS

Load Metric
    HAHAH aha . Really though 1 smirnoff equivalent to 1 beer plus im smoking some good hydro. Going to get a good nights sleep tonight.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Of course it's going to suck now when they scan your license somewhere else and see a flag that you like your strawberry kiwi and peach wine coolers.

Load Metric
    On the bright side, you'll probably get an invite to join Rainbow Flops

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Life is fairly short and unpredictable. You can go anytime. So the question really is why are you so annoyed buy something so trivial. It took you much longer to write this post than it did to scan your license.

Go get some fresh air.

Load Metric
    Target probably sold my info to all neighboring gay bars fuckers.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post

What makes you think you are desirable to gay bars?

Skated Thru to PFA WP Title BHS's Avatar
    Load Metric
    If the shoe fits..

Load Metric
    I haven't bought alcohol in a while. I haven't been carded in 15 years . Today I bought some wine coolers at Targets. Clerk says with a straight face that she needs to see Id and I am like what the fuck? I google this practice and see that Targets is stealing peoples ids and selling them off to other merchandisers. This is complete crap especially after Target recently had its databases and customer info hacked. When will these stores like target wake up and provide safe practices in securing their customers private and sensitive data. The clerk can look at your license and calculate your age, there is no reason to scan my info and have them do god knows what with it. I see wallmart and other chains are doing this as well.
    Dude, where do you live? I've been getting carded when buying beer in Walmart for years. They will not even accept an expired drivers license. They card everybody. TN must be a lot tougher than other states. Bought some generic cough medicine few weeks ago. Got carded for that. Couldn't believe it.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Dude, where do you live? I've been getting carded when buying beer in Walmart for years. They will not even accept an expired drivers license. They card everybody. TN must be a lot tougher than other states. Bought some generic cough medicine few weeks ago. Got carded for that. Couldn't believe it.
    I haven't bought liquor at wallmart or targets before. I always thought they carded if you looked 26 or younger. Not only do they card for medicine I found out they card for violent xbox games and lighters. It really isn't carding though they are taking a screen shot of your drivers license and selling that shit. Target was one of the merchandisers that had their customers data hacked because of their poor encryption. There is a big difference between looking at my drivers license and taking a screen shot of all the info on my drivers license. That shit should be illegal in todays age.

Load Metric
    I'd have a problem with them doing that also.

They can look at my DL but like fuck I'd let them scan it.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Class action lawsuit them for some sort of privacy breach.

PROFIT

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    I'd have a problem with them doing that also.

They can look at my DL but like fuck I'd let them scan it.
    Didn't even give me an option to just check. Took my license and scanner in hand, scanned it before I knew what was going on. It is standard practice apparently . THey do this to people in their 70s. There is no other reason to do this then to data mine under the pretense that they don't want to sell alcohol to minors while they could just check the drivers licenses or give their customers (guests in targets case) that option.

Thread Information