Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOL @ Rio maintenance problems

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

LOL @ Rio maintenance problems

I think I got spoiled by my room last time. Good location, zero maintenance issues. Only slight complaint was that the AC was a bit TOO cold, so I actually had to leave it off most of the day. (Also, the room somehow stayed fairly cool without it, despite being in Vegas in early June -- never figured that one out.)

Brandon briefly got a room at the Masquerade Tower (I think he mentioned this on radio) and it had all kinds of fail. He was promised a "Deluxe Samba Suite" but it was smaller than the standard Ipanema Tower rooms. The refrigerator was like a freezer. Anything in there would turn into ice within a short time. The A/C had the opposite problem. It couldn't keep the room at a reasonable temperature, even if run 24/7.

So I was there when the maintenance man came to Brandon's room, and the guy was shocked. He said, "They're not doing their jobs inspecting these rooms. A/C filter is filthy and hasn't been changed in ages. Freezer has ice all over it, and should have been noticed immediately during any quick inspection."

He was visibly frustrated.

Fast forward to tonight.

I arranged a specific room type that I wanted. Went through a lot of effort to get this blocked off.

Showed up, found a hot room with the A/C barely working.

Refrigerator also had issues. Sound familiar yet? Except this time, the refrigerator was barely cooling anything. It actually had an internal thermometer which said 50 degrees, which is waaaaaay too hot for a refrigerator (you're looking for 37-40). No way to adjust it.

Arguably the biggest LOL is the fact that the deadbolt of the door blocks it from closing every time you open it, and you have to jiggle the handle to undo this. So there's zero chance THAT couldn't have been noticed on inspection.

I went back down to VIP check-in. Only other room available is near the top floor, which I don't want, because the elevators are jammed during the WSOP and it takes an eternity to get up and down.

Now I'm waiting for the maintenance man.

What a shithole.

Load Metric
    I fucking hate the rio. Such a dump. How does a hotel have 4 elevators down their busiest time of year? Also other the martiranos the food sucks. The only reason they don't move it to Cesar's is the rio would go belly up.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    My "20 minute" maintenance promise has taken 65 minutes and counting.

My call to complain about the slow maintenance which would be returned "within a few minutes" has also gone unreturned.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Fuck it.

I'm going back down there to raise hell.

Tired of waiting like a chump.

BTW I was given the excuse about the maintenance staff that the front desk has limited power because "they're union, and they have certain rights we can't overrule."

Lovely.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Fuck it.

BTW I was given the excuse about the maintenance staff that the front desk has limited power because "they're union, and they have certain rights we can't overrule."

Lovely.
    Sir you have to wait your turn, half the rooms are experiencing the same problems and our maintenance staff will be tied up for the next 4.5 hrs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Fuck it.

Lovely.
    Sir you have to wait your turn, half the rooms are experiencing the same problems and our maintenance staff will be tied up for the next 4.5 hrs
    The sad thing is that you're probably right.

I just went down. They are sending a maintenance man "right now".

You know... because the one that was promised "in exactly 20 minutes" 80 minutes ago must have gotten lost or something.

Pretty sure the unionized maintenance department just LOL'd at me wanting a time-frame promise, so they said they would be there in 20 minutes just to passive-aggressively fuck with me.

A big problem at the Rio is that the front desk doesn't have enough power.

The maintenance department doesn't listen to them, the housekeeping department doesn't listen to them, and there's apparently no consequence for not doing so.

This normally is one of CET's lower end properties, so they don't ramp up the service when the WSOP players come in (or when they charge people as much as $300/night during busy times). They just give you your usual level of fail service, and that's supposed to be acceptable.

In general, CET is horrible with interdepartmental communications and cooperation. Every department acts as its own autonomous company, and you can imagine how that works out.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Maintenance guy gets here after about 85 minutes of me waiting around for him like a chump.

Next scene is straight out of a Seinfeld-like skit.

He opens the door and asks, "You have some problems here you would like me to fix?"

I look down and the deadbolt has again gotten stuck and the door won't close.

I pointed down, "That's the first one."

He responded, "It's supposed to be that way."

I asked, "It's supposed to stick out and not let you close the door until you jiggle the handle?"

"Yes, it's a security feature."

Keep in mind that I have stayed here countless times and never seen this "feature".

I told him that it's impossible that, by design, the door is not supposed to close until you play with the handle multiple times.

He then tried to show me ONE instance of him opening and closing it where that doesn't happen, as if I was just supposed to forget about the previous time.

I then tell him to try again, and it happens again.

He says, "Let me get my tools."

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Name:  maintenance-man1-e1300551613349.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  5.3 KB

Comments

garrett: lol

Load Metric

Cool

Oh goodie--a cliffhanger

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They just cleaned the filter on the AC, claim it will work better. (Two maintenance guys are here now.)

They used some strong citrus solution, and now the room smells like really obnoxious citrus air freshener.

Glad Ben's mom isn't with me, because she's really sensitive to stuff like that. I'm not sensitive to chemicals in the air at all, but it's already bugging me. They claim it will dissipate in 30 minutes.

Right now they are working on the door.

Keep in mind I checked in over 2 hours ago and still can't get settled.

Fun stuff.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Was just given info that the Rio has 4 maintenance men for the entire property.

That's it.

Tonight one is out sick, too.

What a mess this place is.

BTW, door having issues again.

Load Metric
    That citrus cleaner is some stout stuff. Used to clean the gel off underground cable with a citrus based cleaner and the smell of that stuff would knock you down. As soon as you opened the jug, there was citrus smell everywhere.

Cleaned that gel right up though, and that crap was hard to clean up.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Is Heather Jackman on shift in VIP? She will probably come fix the fridge herself. She's great but there are definitely a few bitches down there.

Load Metric
    I wish I had that druff gene to complain better and get full value of stuff. Not being sarcastic.

I have a question though. I realize it's a busy weekend of EDC and senior citizens but why not just get a new room?

It would seem that no matter how busy a hotel is that they would surely keep some rooms empty for when 7 stars complain.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    I wish I had that druff gene to complain better and get full value of stuff. Not being sarcastic.

I have a question though. I realize it's a busy weekend of EDC and senior citizens but why not just get a new room?

It would seem that no matter how busy a hotel is that they would surely keep some rooms empty for when 7 stars complain.
    Attempted that at the beginning.

The only rooms left are failrooms.

Load Metric
    In before housekeeping cleans druff's room in 3 days
    -Allergic to the struggle

Load Metric
    A few years ago I had my stay at the RIO as a mid week comp. I said I'd stay but only if it's a non-smoking room...... Important distinction from a non smoking floor. Wife and I get settled into the room and go out. Come back a few hours later and it smelled like the pai gow room at Foxwoods. Apparently the rooms surrounding ours were non smoke free and it traveled into our room via the A/C. They wouldn't give us a different room because it was free and I'm not 7*. So they sent up someone with an ionizer and the same citrus spray that might have been worse then the smoke.

I haven't been back to Vegas many times since due to life reasons but the wife and I have said never the rio again.... Even if it was free.

Comments

herbertstemple: Next time order a 2nd hand smoke free room.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    A few years ago I had my stay at the RIO as a mid week comp. I said I'd stay but only if it's a non-smoking room...... Important distinction from a non smoking floor. Wife and I get settled into the room and go out. Come back a few hours later and it smelled like the pai gow room at Foxwoods. Apparently the rooms surrounding ours were non smoke free and it traveled into our room via the A/C. They wouldn't give us a different room because it was free and I'm not 7*. So they sent up someone with an ionizer and the same citrus spray that might have been worse then the smoke.

I haven't been back to Vegas many times since due to life reasons but the wife and I have said never the rio again.... Even if it was free.
    Sir, you are no John Daly.

Load Metric
    I thought the RIO was nice actually. Pretty sure none of you ITT have hung out in Atlantic City much.

RIO was nice it's just the clientele seems to have a super pretentious expectation, of what a 'WSOP hotel' should be.

To each their own I guess

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    I thought the RIO was nice actually. Pretty sure none of you ITT have hung out in Atlantic City much.

RIO was nice it's just the clientele seems to have a super pretentious expectation, of what a 'WSOP hotel' should be.

To each their own I guess
    It's a 3.5 star resort and doesn't really bill itself as anything more than that.

Vegas properties tend to have a lot of fail just due to the high occupancy.

Also I agree AC for the most part is a giant shit hole.

Comments

garrett: ~3.50 rep
    Last edited by abrown83; 06-20-2015 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Cell Phone Fail

Thread Information