Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you buy you unbalanced freak of a son for his 21st birthday?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Let's just do what the euros suggest and outlaw citizens owning guns.

There's no question that all of the criminals will promptly comply and turn theirs in, as well.

Sounds like a great plan.

You guys do realize that, despite the recent uptick in mass shootings over the past 15 years, the total number of deaths compared to the overall number of murders is absolutely tiny, right?

Violent crime in the US has been decreasing steadily since 1990, by the way. That has also been ignored by the "OMG OMG we've got to do something about this!" crowd.

Don't care what you say, when a freak like the one that 4D posted is legally allowed to carry a handgun. Then something needs to change.

I don't know what or how. But doing nothing shouldn't be an option.

A crack team of well intentioned, intelligent individuals should be put in place to come up with a solution that reduces the current gun culture in the US. Even if it takes 10/20 years or more to see real results. Then so be it.

But a country as advanced as America to still have a 'Wild West' culture in the year 2015 is beyond ridiculous.

And don't give me all your stats nonsense. Go dish them out to the thousands of family members whose lives that have already been turned upsidedown from gun violence this year alone.. And besides, stats can be used to suit almost any argument.

Your answer of "we are what we are, so mind your own business" just means that more children and innocent adults will continue to die on an hourly basis.

Touching wood. Let's just hope that you and your boy are not in the wrong place at the wrong time when some crazy cunt goes all ham with a huge gun that he's legally allowed to carry under his belt.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by patience View Post
    We really could use some more gun control--even if it makes us more like the inbred, cousin fucking euros.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Let's just do what the euros suggest and outlaw citizens owning guns.

There's no question that all of the criminals will promptly comply and turn theirs in, as well.

Sounds like a great plan.

You guys do realize that, despite the recent uptick in mass shootings over the past 15 years, the total number of deaths compared to the overall number of murders is absolutely tiny, right?

Violent crime in the US has been decreasing steadily since 1990, by the way. That has also been ignored by the "OMG OMG we've got to do something about this!" crowd.
    When you consider the prison population is bursting at the seams, that lower "death" rate may have to be taken into context. Now, it's the slightly more difficult to recognize the crazed abandoned latch key kid, who's birth right is to be allowed to bear arms up the ying yang.

Load Metric
    I'm not a fan of guns either but they were just a tool here and not the main problem. I find it ironic you bash guns here while stating he should have done drugs like a normal 21 year old. From all accounts the kid had serious problems with drug abuse and mental health. That's where the focus should be.

Load Metric
    History how does it work? What historian John Wayne forgot to tell to the masses about the era when everyone carried their six shooters openly on their hip and wore either a black or white ten gallon stetson was that didn't actually happen. Even in frontier towns with a semblance of governing body it was prohibited to carry guns inside the town limits.

One of the most well known historic gun fights of old timey times Gunfight at the O.K. Corral was about gun control. Group of ruffians refused a lawful order to hand over their weapons for violating local city ordinance that prohibited carrying of weapons inside city limits and that resulted in 30 seconds of shooty shoot good times.

Oh and i think it's safe to assume that London is still the capital of Europe. We have totally uniform gun laws in every part of Europe. We haven't had any civil wars in the whole of Europe after the 19th century or any other major armed conflicts that could have resulted in spreading metric tons of military grade small arms to civilian population. Absolutely none what so ever. USA is oh so special snowflake with their mildly fictitious unique gun culture and let's not forget the contributions to humanity's advancement what ever they maybe.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also ignored is the fact that, aside from complete gun control, tougher background checks would not have prevented most of these crimes.

Many spree killers don't have a felonious criminal history, nor a background of being institutionalized.

And if you prevent people from purchasing guns for simply seeing a shrink, then you're going to be disqualifying a large segment of the country. Furthermore, this will seriously discourage many people from seeking professional help for their psychological issues, which will backfire and cause more problems.

After things like this, you can delve into the background of the shooter and say, "Yeah, this guy shouldn't have had guns." But how do you legislate it? Pass laws that people can't purchase guns if they "seem weird"? Pass laws that people can't purchase guns if they have visited shrinks before? Pass laws that people can't purchase guns if they have weird or unbalanced kids? These are things you can't legislate even if you try.
    And yet you can legislate, no smoking, no bon fires, no kite flying, no throwing a stick into the ocean for your dog to retrieve on a public beach? You don't just give up on a huge problem saying it's beyond control.

Start with Joe Constitution and tell him it's over. Then tweak the sentencing for crimes involving firearms so it is at least a thought in someone's head prior to their crime.

See the real crazies aren't your average, need money cause the man is holding me down kinda guy. They know exactly what they're doing.
    It's the sicko percentage of the population that never needs to own a gun along with the majority of the population.
    Last edited by limitles; 06-18-2015 at 02:36 PM.

Load Metric
    Name:  11412325_10153047173161359_6281137244689832826_n.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  35.5 KB

Anyone want to guess what is on his Tshirt....

<taps foot...waits patiently>

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    I'm not a fan of guns either but they were just a tool here and not the main problem. I find it ironic you bash guns here while stating he should have done drugs like a normal 21 year old. From all accounts the kid had serious problems with drug abuse and mental health. That's where the focus should be.

If we can talk about the Uk. Out of the many hundreds of thousands who have been involved in the drug scene since I was 21. I'm sure a fair few have lost the plot at some stage and harmed, or even killed completely innocent people. But absolutely none of have gone on a mass murder spree like this latest fucked up American drug user did.

And why? Because guns are difficult to come by unless you have the right connections.

So the question is. If this loonatic lived another advanced country other than America - how many people does he take out after he finally snaps?

The answer to that can't be certain. But the likelihood is it would be zero, or one at the most (and I'm talking murder here and not just some vicious kind of assault)

The fucked up kid can't kill on mass without the weapon he's legally entitled to carry.

Comments

NaturalBornHustler: kill yourself.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post

garrett is this true?

Load Metric
    How has no one mentioned the fact this CRACKER systematically targeted a group of innocent, pious, hard-working AFRICAN AMERICANS.

Load Metric
    Name:  firearm-OECD-UN-data3.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  179.6 KB

i think its inevitable the US will eventually wake up and realize the only solution is to take guns off the street. probably wont happen for a long time cos yous are so stubborn about it. its worked for every other country and druff your trying to tell me the US is so exclusive with its culture and history it cant work?

Australia's history with guns started when Lord Of The Frauds forefathers landed on these shores and shot dead all the abos who came at us with spears (sfo)

in 1996 Australia had our worst massacre which resulted in major changes in gun ownership lawss. theres no overnight solution but this chart shows the difference 20 years later
    Name:  chart3a-deaths-resulting-from-firearms-data.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  65.0 KB

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: read it and weep druffski

MumblesBadly: I wonder what this chart would look like when the murder rate in the US was higher (like Druff mentioned)?

Load Metric
    So, Druff's logic is that because the USA is an immature society whose formative years involved freaks and weirdos toting guns that it should not curtail the ability of freaks and weirdos to tote and use guns.

Which is fine and something to bear in mind the next time the USA is thinking of invading another country because that other country is an immature society with a bunch of freaks and weirdos toting and using guns.

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: if jeb bush gets in we shouldn't have to wait long for the next major invasion. all in the name of freedom of course
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric

Flags of apartheid-era South Africa and the former country of Rhodesia...what a sick fuck that shooter is

and btw Lord, the dental work suggestion still stands
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 06-18-2015 at 03:44 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric

Name:  woody.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  7.3 KB

Load Metric
    The government could round up the guns pretty easily if there was the will to do it. You make owning the particular style of firearm carry a really harsh penalty.

There's no political will to do it and there's no real outcry by citizens. Americans are super violent and love guns. All you can hope for is to stay out of high crime areas and also not be a target of weird, alienated white kids.

Load Metric
    Now everyone must carry loaded weapons in church, for your own protection.

What are the odds that this kids parents are racists that don't like n-words and are gun crazy?

Load Metric

Looks like some variant of this:

Name:  grateful_dead_steal_your_face.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  15.7 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    The government could round up the guns pretty easily if there was the will to do it. You make owning the particular style of firearm carry a really harsh penalty.

There's no political will to do it and there's no real outcry by citizens. Americans are super violent and love guns. All you can hope for is to stay out of high crime areas and also not be a target of weird, alienated white kids.

If they tried that right now we would have to find some new politicians within a month.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

If they tried that right now we would have to find some new politicians within a month.
    Obviously, it will never happen, but it could be done over 20 or so years. You start by not allowing new sales. Then in 10 years you offer to buy certain types. Finally, you make the penalty huge. There would be some outcry and a lot of bluster, but people would fall in line eventually. It's very human to accept authority.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Personally I was given around $800 from my parents for mine - which was spent on a huge night out with friends that continued into a drug fuelled 3 day weekend bender. Good times and money well spent.

Meanwhile In America the proud parents of Dylan Roof thought "what should we buy our boy on this very special day?"

Yes I got it - our boy is a man now, so let's buy him a gun..... After all, an amendment that was passed over 200 years ago means our boy should keep with tradition of this 'free and great nation' that entitles him to keep and bear arms.

And if our boy one day decides to bear his arms and open up on bunch of totally innocent church worshipers. Then that's just a darn shame... But don't you dare question mine or his rights to carry arms - Because that is our god damm right as Americans to do so.

So when is the penny going to drop on the greatest nation on earth (lol), that allowing possible future mass murderers to legally carry guns is a really fucking stupid idea.

Even your President has just been on my TV shaking his head while saying "shit like this just doesn't happen in other advanced nations"

He also went onto say that we need to stop avoiding the issue that legally allows these nutcases to carry firearms.

And I think the man has a point.

God Bless America and all those that die from a needless bullet.

Yeah, we may have guns, but we also have straight, even and white teeth---an American can always be spotted anywhere in the world by that

so you obvious wannabe Yank, while you can't get you guns, you can get your son's teeth fixed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7633254.stm

***Update***sorry PFA, i didn't read past the first two lines of Lord's opening post -- i never do with his posts because i think he is a typical arrogant British carpetbagger...so i missed the reference about the shooter and though he was asking for gift suggestions for his son plus slamming the US while at it--thus the counter-slam about dental work...sorry again PFA"

and Lord Fraud, express your opinion all you want but i am sick of them

btw--I, like most gun owners, don't repeat the names of shooters--we do not want to glorify or immortalize them
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 06-18-2015 at 04:27 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Thread Information