Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Streaming on Twitch for mid/highstakes on WSOP.com from Vegas

Load Metric
    Anonmoose, I'm gonna take a wiiiilllllldddd guess that you're un athletic as fuck.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Twitch really is one of the more faggot mediums on the Internet. Some people really need to go outside.
    And watch Netflix & Hulu in the fresh air?

As much as I personally hate social media and find the whole trend suspect on several levels - I will be the first to admit live streaming of activities is here to stay and will morph into something interesting.

That Amazon bought Twitch should remind you again about the data harvesting and advertising to come.

Keep your footprint small kid. They are comin for ya.

Comments

rickastley: trying to sound smart in too many posts

Muck Ficon: You really do seem to know everything about everything.

Load Metric
    Twitch really is one of the more faggot mediums on the Internet. Some people really need to go outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

As much as I personally hate social media and find the whole trend suspect on several levels - I will be the first to admit live streaming of activities is here to stay and will morph into something interesting.

That Amazon bought Twitch should remind you again about the data harvesting and advertising to come.

Live streaming of activities?? Have you been on twitch before? It's comprised of dorks and girls that couldn't cut it in the nude cam business playing video games. Activities are nonexistent; "people" are literally watching other people on their computers. Hence why it is faggot.

Comments

Muck Ficon: :this

DRK Star: :this

anonamoose: i remember when tv was filmed and not shot live. that took real talent, not like these kids that have to entertain on the spot and compete with thousands of other personalities.

Sanlmar: Krypt being Krypt but making an argument

Load Metric

Live streaming of activities?? Have you been on twitch before? It's comprised of dorks and girls that couldn't cut it in the nude cam business playing video games. Activities are nonexistent; "people" are literally watching other people on their computers. Hence why it is faggot.
    It is faggot now.

But television was always supposed to get interactive. They talked about choosing camera angles in sports, as an example.

Being able to interact with the people broadcasting is the thing. Somebody should produce a network grade show that somehow involves the audience. Somebody does that first & right would crush.

How about a game show?

I dunno but there is something there.

Load Metric
    Saw the neg rep from rickastly. Trying to sound smart and all that.

I was day trading full time until recently. I never left the house for days. Loved it.

I have an interest in a business that is struggling at the moment. I gotta wake up early, actually put on a pair of pants and play the game.

Everybody wants to challenge the new guy in charge and I have amped up my use of language to keep the animals at bay. I can't switch it off.

I was just posting my opinion and mouthing off.

I don't give a shit. I can go dark for a while.

Load Metric
    Anonmoose, I'm gonna take a wiiiilllllldddd guess that you're un athletic as fuck.
    Pretty sure Druff and Brandon can confirm that I'm underweight.

I can also probably outrun you.

Just because you think the standard viewer of twitch is a neckbeard overweight person, doesn't mean that it's what it actually is.

Twitch has been innovative and and entertaining in many ways. Also, it's a lot better than 99% of the junk you all watch on TV now anyway.

Comments

tyde: choke on a penis ASAP you worthless Canadian megatwat

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It is what it is either you like it or don't. A lot of twitch is compromised of video gaming which if you are someone who likes that (not me) then fine and if you like poker then maybe you watch that.

Lots of hate from people who don't show their faces claiming how these kids are nerds or whatever when even if some have that type of look and sound they do put themselves out there so you have to give them some credit for that versus people who just troll it up hard saying twitch is faggot or whatever hiding behind a computer screen while doing so when we never see their face.

But yeah a lot of people need to go outside more I can agree with that.

Load Metric
    krypt obviously jealous of the fact the more popular streamers are likely earning mid 5 figures to low 6 figures for playing video games 40 odd hours/week. what do you for a day job krypt?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    so far this is a

Load Metric
    ffs rybrow, community is disappointed with you right now

Load Metric
    A Twith I would watch would be 4Dragons or Sirius going through video editing process.

Like how the Sirius made the "Am I Retarded" GIF (Garrett in mirror). How he tracked the image on the moving door.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post
    krypt obviously jealous of the fact the more popular streamers are likely earning mid 5 figures to low 6 figures for playing video games 40 odd hours/week. what do you for a day job krypt?
    I think that estimate is kinda low. Sure there are people only making that much but a lot of the extremely dedicated people you may not think make a lot of money but they do have days that are "milestone" days such as so many viewers or subscribers. They'll typically do 24+ hour streams then and usually rake in 20-30k in just donations those days.

Load Metric
    A Twith I would watch would be 4Dragons or Sirius going through video editing process.

Like how the Sirius made the "Am I Retarded" GIF (Garrett in mirror). How he tracked the image on the moving door.
    There are people who stream this stuff. There is also a video game development section, people who just play music, and talk shows.

Probably one of the more together ones are twitch.tv/stresslevelzero. They have relatively low viewership but they house some extremely good talent in regards to video effects and filming. They used to work with Freddy Wong before he split and do some joint work with Corridor Digital.

Comments

Sanlmar: Recommend someone please

Load Metric
    Great thread.....

Name:  original.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  59.6 KB

<you know>

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    he will be on shortly

Load Metric
    Starting shortly

Banned
    Load Metric

There are lots of people on YouTube and other sites that make tutorials for that sort of thing. In fact, that's how I learned a lot of it.

Here's a basic one that goes over motion tracking using the same software I did.

Andrew Kramer of Video Copilot got me started on After Effects. That's where I picked up techniques like motion tracking and even basic color correction.

The garrett video was kind of sloppy tbh. This is a better implementation of face replacement:

Load Metric
    Installing all this shit for it too work still....had no idea got a friend helping me out now with it all. Sorry for the delay.

Load Metric
    Why are the micon pfa shirts a thing?

Comments

SrslySirius: I don't remember anymore

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
    Installing all this shit for it too work still....had no idea got a friend helping me out now with it all. Sorry for the delay.

Ryles can you take phone calls ? or no

I'm fairly certain that even in a worst case scenario, your connection will be vastly superior to the Chaps Canafail show hosted on dial up

will def be tuning in either way sfo

(EDIT)

check your Skype negro

Comments

anonamoose: no hablo mexicano. i only speak canadian up here in canadia.
    Last edited by tyde; 06-10-2015 at 09:23 PM.

Thread Information