Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PHIL HELLMUTH WINS HIS RECORD 14TH BRACELET

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    China's not here. He might not even wanna bother. Maybe I'll ask him when he logs into AIM chat. He hates the other games.

Load Metric
    This is no way to go from Nova Scotia's 2nd most popular party rocker to #1, chaps.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    ok. so how much are you playing china for?

also, name one game you beat?

please post your godly graph that i'm sure you have

I no longer use HEM/OEM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    ok. so how much are you playing china for?

also, name one game you beat?

please post your godly graph that i'm sure you have

I no longer use HEM/OEM.

i'm sure you can link us to some of your results on the sites that track them

oh, wait

never mind, it's not worth it.

it's just sad you are taking shots at long time winners, when you can't even beat microstakes

i'm done, kiddo

Load Metric

I no longer use HEM/OEM.

i'm sure you can link us to some of your results on the sites that track them

oh, wait

never mind, it's not worth it.

it's just sad you are taking shots at long time winners, when you can't even beat microstakes

i'm done, kiddo

Stars is no longer tracked, and we both know my FTP stats are not 100% spot on (if ya know what i mean).

LOL at can't beat micros, now you're just being stupid to get a reaction.

Next?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The only DJ I know from Nova Scotia is J-Roc!! Nawwmean??

Comments

Muck Ficon: You are a faggot...Nawwmean?

WeedAndPoker: jRoc!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    I give the guy credit,he is good at accumulating bracelets. I'd send him a congrats for winning this 50 man SNGO but he blocked me on twitter.

The foundation of all of these bracelets was won with players money when he represented and was the face of the shadiest poker company that ever existed who stole 10s of millions from players.

OMG Mark, pipe down. LOL at "the foundation of these bracelets". Moron, he started winning em in 89, and has won a few since UB went under.

Also LOL at 50 man SNG. 10k razz idiot. Maybe you (like most typical haters), should learn to play more than one game.

BTW, how many bracelets in this thread? None? Yeah.

I guess it's still hip to hate.
    Phil Hellmuth would be broke and begging for stakes if he hadn't been a part of Ultimate Bet. Like I said I give him credit for being good at tournament poker and the foundation of the last 10 years was fed off a company that stole 10s and maybe 100s of millions from players and was directly funded from this and put in the spotlight because of it.

Was he winning bracelets before this? Yes, but he was also cash broke most of the 90s before UB because he gets smoked in cash games.

I'm not hating. He won a 100 man tournament. I am not saying that is bad or anything. But it is what it is.

Also keep in mind he was available to play any tournament and had all of his travel expenses paid by UB. Nice thing to have during the poker boom if you are a tournament player

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    China plays ONE game, Willie. ONE. Set it up bro. 13 game mix, me vs China.

If you can get away from his sack for a minute.
    I can play all of the 8 game mix games. I just don't have to and they are also not offered where I play. I have never had to switch games because I crush the game I play pretty good

Load Metric
    let me put this another way:

helmuth's wins/losses in poker / chinese poker / gambool in general would land him squarely in the red. hes a huge loser everywhere but tournaments and given the volume of his buyins, hes probably not doing so hot there either.

however, his advertising / sponsor income allow him to stay at the tables. and his antics keep him in ad money / sponsors.

so really lol at anyone considering him remarkable at anything beyond good life decisions. i just dont give a shit about how many bracelets he wins when hes going to be chunking off a quarter mil playing open face chinese on his 'down time'.

also chaps stop gnawing on your telephone wires to keep your teeth from growing out of your face.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    let me put this another way:

helmuth's wins/losses in poker / chinese poker / gambool in general would land him squarely in the red. hes a huge loser everywhere but tournaments and given the volume of his buyins, hes probably not doing so hot there either.

however, his advertising / sponsor income allow him to stay at the tables. and his antics keep him in ad money / sponsors.

so really lol at anyone considering him remarkable at anything beyond good life decisions. i just dont give a shit about how many bracelets he wins when hes going to be chunking off a quarter mil playing open face chinese on his 'down time'.

also chaps stop gnawing on your telephone wires to keep your teeth from growing out of your face.
    I'd love to see them start filtering in the buyins on hendon mob. It is so stupid that they don't. I'd love to see how many of the top 50 all time money winners actually turned a profit.

If you were to factor in travel expenses and taxes and that # of players who turned a profit is probably very few.

Which is why you see the biggest turnover of players in tournament poker over the years.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    But he can dodge bullets baby!

Name:  Screenshot_2015-06-10-11-27-58.png
Views: 237
Size:  1.52 MB

Comments

WeedAndPoker: yup

Banned
    Load Metric
    I'd love to see them start filtering in the buyins on hendon mob. It is so stupid that they don't. I'd love to see how many of the top 50 all time money winners actually turned a profit.
    QuadJacks actually did this one summer. WSOP had entrant lists and table draws for all their events on the website, so they just scraped all that data. WSOP responded by pulling all the PDFs and discontinuing the practice. Now we have no way of knowing who is entering what, only who cashes.

As for sponsorship money... I doubt it's anything substantial. I was hearing rumors in 2013/2014 that Hellmuth was in bad shape and being staked for every event. Just rumors mind you, but that would explain why he would curiously fail to show up for certain events (like the $111k One Drop) and make weird excuses for it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    QuadJacks actually did this one summer. WSOP had entrant lists and table draws for all their events on the website, so they just scraped all that data. WSOP responded by pulling all the PDFs and discontinuing the practice. Now we have no way of knowing who is entering what, only who cashes.

As for sponsorship money... I doubt it's anything substantial. I was hearing rumors in 2013/2014 that Hellmuth was in bad shape and being staked for every event. Just rumors mind you, but that would explain why he would curiously fail to show up for certain events (like the $111k One Drop) and make weird excuses for it.
    Ya I don't doubt he was hurting for $$$, I would guess Carls Jr and Aria arent paying close to UB money.

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bill Filmaff sold out and did some really fail videos with Hellmuth promoting UB.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    So let me see if I have the n-word logic correct here,
    Any winning poker player would have 14 bracelets if they got the same amount of sponsored tournament buyins as PH, gotcha

Comments

jsearles22: Got heem
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Any winning poker player would have 14 bracelets if they got the same amount of sponsored tournament buyins as PH, gotcha
    Not necessarily but being sponsored makes it more comforting to travel to any circuit (all paid for) and play any event and not have to worry about paying things like rent / travel/flights/everything for your family etc....

Banned
    Load Metric
    Not necessarily but being sponsored makes it more comforting to travel to any circuit (all paid for) and play any event and not have to worry about paying things like rent / travel/flights/everything for your family etc....
    garrett is this true???

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Bill Filmaff sold out and did some really fail videos with Hellmuth promoting UB.
    Fail videos? What on earth are you talking about Donald?

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    make your mind up
    Slava Ukraini!

Thread Information