Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 138

Thread: Silicon Valley - Why You Should Watch It

  1. #1
    Photoballer 4Dragons's Avatar
    Reputation
    2686
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    10,648

    Silicon Valley - Why You Should Watch It


  2. #2
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5455
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,956
    Yr about a season and a half too late for this thread.


    Show is imploding.


    But yeah for the first like 12 eps or so it was actually legit fucking amazing. Then it stopped being a nuanced examination of the venomous and surreal business landscape in Silicone Valley and became a character driven sitcom.


    I hope it returns to form.

     
    Comments
      
      Corrigan: +1000000000000000
      
      SrslySirius:
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  3. #3
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5455
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,956
    Like, last Sundays episode legitimately made no sense from a technical perspective. And I'm not speaking about subtleties I'm saying the central plot point was no more logical than vampire bats giving all the characters AIDS at once then sending them to the moon via telepathy.

    Also when every pivot in the plot centers around someone either a) fucking up or b) being a total asshole, you have a real writing problem.

     
    Comments
      
      Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: vampire bats giving all the characters AIDS at once then sending them to the moon via telepathy
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  4. #4
    Can't Post limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    1171
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bubbles & The Baron
    Posts
    11,492
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    A simple, or shouldn't, in the title would have saved you.

    "than vampire bats giving all the characters AIDS at once then sending them to the moon via telepathy."

    Would give it a look.


  5. #5
    Photoballer 4Dragons's Avatar
    Reputation
    2686
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    10,648
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Yr about a season and a half too late for this thread.


    Show is imploding.


    But yeah for the first like 12 eps or so it was actually legit fucking amazing. Then it stopped being a nuanced examination of the venomous and surreal business landscape in Silicone Valley and became a character driven sitcom.


    I hope it returns to form.

    It did take a drastic turn in season 2, but the actual death of the guy who played Peter Gregory may have had something to do with it. From out here he just looks like a cog in the machine, but on set and in the office it may have been more deeply felt.

    Or Judge has passed the bulwark of the writing to others.

  6. #6
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5455
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,956
    Not to discount the impact his passing my have had but they were doing great for the first few eps this season, then things got a bit dodgy and they started to kinda.. turn inwards by adding new characters and dedicating significant time to how awkward and terrible the old guard acted around them. And thats 100% an indicator they may have hired on new talent. I thought the same thing. Like this is basically morphing into Big Bang Theory and there is no fucking way the original writers could be behind that.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  7. #7
    I mean I know fuckall about fuckall. but you would think Mike Judge would have a major say in the scripts
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

    ...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

  8. #8
    Photoballer 4Dragons's Avatar
    Reputation
    2686
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    10,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    I mean I know fuckall about fuckall. but you would think Mike Judge would have a major say in the scripts
    Yes, and a major say in handing it off so he can go work on other projects he can now get off the ground because he's on a 'hot' streak.

    It's kind of like the shotgun approach; you blast 100 ideas out there and one sticks. Then after that one sticks, the other 99 people who told you to go fuck yourself all of a sudden can't wait to be your best friend and drop a dump truck full of money in your driveway. Act accordingly.

  9. #9
    you all can pick the show apart if you want, but i enjoy it


     
    Comments
      
      Brittney Griner's Clit: Faggot's gonna fag.

  10. #10
    Photoballer 4Dragons's Avatar
    Reputation
    2686
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    10,648
    That and I still can't believe I got away with using bulwark in a sentence and nobody called me out on it.

  11. #11
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    1537
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,458
    I think you are all high as a fucking kite. This show is fucking hilarious. There have been times this year where I've said is Game of thrones almost over so I can watch Silicon Valley.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Like, last Sundays episode legitimately made no sense from a technical perspective. And I'm not speaking about subtleties I'm saying the central plot point was no more logical than vampire bats giving all the characters AIDS at once then sending them to the moon via telepathy.

    Also when every pivot in the plot centers around someone either a) fucking up or b) being a total asshole, you have a real writing problem.
    They used to really pay attention to details and make sure the jokes made sense technically. They had a good team of advisors for that.. like the dick joke made sense conceptually. They had someone who understood compression help them with the facts... that made it better for me.... they lost that a lot a lot this season... tequila on the delete key erasing remote data? Even if it was, how could their compression make deleting the original files any faster? Don't the original files still exist remotely? It was not well done.

    However, TJ Miller is still killing it. The first 2 episodes of season 2 were masterpieces

     
    Comments
      
      4Dragons: THIS GUY FUCKS
      
      sonatine: THIS GUY DEFINITELY FUCKS
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

  13. #13
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    1537
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,458
    Some of the best stuff on the show are the subtle things in the frame. All the different names of the porn companies of the reasons to let the stunt man die as prime examples this season.

  14. #14
    Photoballer 4Dragons's Avatar
    Reputation
    2686
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    10,648
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Like, last Sundays episode legitimately made no sense from a technical perspective. And I'm not speaking about subtleties I'm saying the central plot point was no more logical than vampire bats giving all the characters AIDS at once then sending them to the moon via telepathy.

    Also when every pivot in the plot centers around someone either a) fucking up or b) being a total asshole, you have a real writing problem.
    They used to really pay attention to details and make sure the jokes made sense technically. They had a good team of advisors for that.. like the dick joke made sense conceptually. They had someone who understood compression help them with the facts... that made it better for me.... they lost that a lot a lot this season... tequila on the delete key erasing remote data? Even if it was, how could their compression make deleting the original files any faster? Don't the original files still exist remotely? It was not well done.

    However, TJ Miller is still killing it. The first 2 episodes of season 2 were masterpieces
    Yes, this one's mine..
    Name:  Tres Comas Tequila - Silicon Valley - 4Dragons.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  124.2 KB

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Like, last Sundays episode legitimately made no sense from a technical perspective. And I'm not speaking about subtleties I'm saying the central plot point was no more logical than vampire bats giving all the characters AIDS at once then sending them to the moon via telepathy.

    Also when every pivot in the plot centers around someone either a) fucking up or b) being a total asshole, you have a real writing problem.
    This guy FUCKS!

     
    Comments
      
      garrett: *SUCKS.. and seeing clearly rep

  16. #16
    Photoballer 4Dragons's Avatar
    Reputation
    2686
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    10,648

  17. #17
    The "this guy fucks" character is the shittiest part of the show.

    Obviously big head is going to take the blame for the hooli fail but I'm not necessarily looking forward to him being reunited with Richard. Hopefully they figure out how to do all that in a good way because I can't think of a good way.


    P.s. huge fan and I'm pretty sure I made this thread over a year ago.

  18. #18
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5455
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    The "this guy fucks" character is the shittiest part of the show.

    Obviously big head is going to take the blame for the hooli fail but I'm not necessarily looking forward to him being reunited with Richard. Hopefully they figure out how to do all that in a good way because I can't think of a good way.


    P.s. huge fan and I'm pretty sure I made this thread over a year ago.

    Whats hilarious is that when I watched the footage of 'this guy fucks guy' taken out of context, as a stand alone clip, he seems a) not that outrageous and b) no more offensive/absurd than half a dozen other CEO's I worked with in the 90s and Im 100% fucking serious.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  19. #19
    Photoballer 4Dragons's Avatar
    Reputation
    2686
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    10,648
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    The "this guy fucks" character is the shittiest part of the show.

    Obviously big head is going to take the blame for the hooli fail but I'm not necessarily looking forward to him being reunited with Richard. Hopefully they figure out how to do all that in a good way because I can't think of a good way.


    P.s. huge fan and I'm pretty sure I made this thread over a year ago.

    Whats hilarious is that when I watched the footage of 'this guy fucks guy' taken out of context, as a stand alone clip, he seems a) not that outrageous and b) no more offensive/absurd than half a dozen other CEO's I worked with in the 90s and Im 100% fucking serious.

    I have a client that is exactly like him.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post


    Whats hilarious is that when I watched the footage of 'this guy fucks guy' taken out of context, as a stand alone clip, he seems a) not that outrageous and b) no more offensive/absurd than half a dozen other CEO's I worked with in the 90s and Im 100% fucking serious.

    I have a client that is exactly like him.

    Sonatine: 6
    You: 1

     
    Comments
      
      4Dragons: BGC: 0.0

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Did anyone watch the 10k HU final?
    By DJ_Chaps in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2014, 01:51 PM
  2. Mike Judge's Silicon Valley
    By 4Dragons in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 05:57 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2013, 04:07 AM
  4. How can anybody watch ESPN First Take?
    By Sloppy Joe in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 07:25 AM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-14-2012, 07:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •