Also something else I wanted to point out about Season 5.

It's not a big deal, but I already noticed two instances where Mike Judge has uncharacteristically caved in to the Hollywood left.

The first episode had a scene where Richard was complaining to Gilfoyle and Dinesh that they were rejecting nearly every candidate they were interviewing. This led to a little comedic bit where they described various undesirable people who applied, two of whom included "alt-right guy" and "closeted alt-right guy". (Presumably "closeted" referred to his politics, not his sexual preference.)

Shortly after that, it was mentioned that one of the alt-right applicants "was on a campaign to remove the black emojis".

Groan. That unfunny quip was the best they could do to make fun of the alt-right?

But more importantly, rather than Judge injecting some sharp social commentary about right-leaning applicants being shut out of being hired into Silicon Valley software firms (hence the need to be "closeted"), they were clearly justifying the rejection of the only two right wing people to apply, one of whom was a fanatical racist.

I totally expect this nowadays from nearly any other show, but Mike Judge has always leaned libertarian-right, and while his shows have been mostly apolitical (including this one), the few political/social barbs have tended to be aimed at the left. "King of the Hill" (where conservative Hank Hill was the protagonist, and not mocked for it) and "The Goode Family" (a show entirely mocking the SJW-type left) were both considered conservative shows. Even "Beavis and Butthead" often mocked the liberal characters for being too touchy-feely and naive to understand that Beavis and Butthead were just ignorant delinquents, rather than good kids in need of a bit of help.

There was another quip in episode 3, from the new COO, that the office "needed a bit of color", referring to the racial makeup of the employees.

Again, surprising to come from a Judge show.

I will say that, despite Judge's right political leanings, he clearly dislikes Trump. In 2016, he was unhappy that Fox killed an Idiocracy-themed anti-Trump ad that he and the film's writer had cooked up.

So maybe Trump has pushed Judge to the left. I hope that's not true.