Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone stole my credit card info, ordering computers & cell phone insurance

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Someone stole my credit card info, ordering computers & cell phone insurance

Happened to catch this when I went online to check something else related to temporary authorizations and saw the following two charges:

6/3/15 Asurion Wireless Insurance $169.00
    6/1/15 Lenovo Group $754.43

I bought neither of these.

Presumably, the wireless insurance was to make a bogus claim on a lost phone, get the new phone, and sell it.

The computer purchase is obvious.

I canceled the card, but whenever shit like this happens, I like to call the affected companies and warn them, so the scumbag thief doesn't actually get the merchandise.

I called Asurion first. They sound like a shadeball company in the first place, and it's difficult to reach them on the phone. I basically had to pretend like I already had an account with them and enter a fake phone # to get them.

I offered to send them proof that it was my credit card, and asked them to provide me the name and address used to purchase this fraudulent policy on my card. They refused to give that to me, even if I could 100% prove my card was used, for "privacy reasons" (LOL). Keep in mind that this is a very non-standard line, and I have had many large companies in the past provide me with everything, once I proved to their satisfaction I was telling the truth.

I finally got a manager on the phone at Asurion, who has agreed to give me the name only of the person who did this, so we will see. He only agreed when I played hardball and refused to give him the CC# that was used to scam unless he provided me with this. He won't give me the address or phone # though, and I wouldn't be surprised if he never comes back from hold because he just got what he wanted.

Haven't called Lenovo yet.

Anyway, I will update the thread as it happens. If I get a phone # for the scammer, I will call them up on the next radio.

Otherwise I will just post their name & address here and everyone can have fun.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Luis Bermeo
    Spring Valley, NY

That's the name and city, state of the scammer who ordered the phone insurance.

This guy very quickly already submitted a claim!

He's not getting his phone, though.

What a cocksucker.

Banned
    Load Metric

Comments

4Dragons: back from bender rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Luis Bermeo
    Spring Valley, NY

That's the name and city, state of the scammer who ordered the phone insurance.

This guy very quickly already submitted a claim!

He's not getting his phone, though.

What a cocksucker.
    surely this young honor student has not taken a wrong turn: http://civic-recognition-rochester.o...ew%20York.html

Load Metric
    The dude seems pretty flush to me

http://ny-unclaimed.org/data/49_BETH...___BERMEO.html
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The first idiot customer service rep at Lenovo also doesn't want to help.

"We can create a fraud ticket for you, but cannot provide any info on the purchaser."

She then tried to tell me that it was illegal to provide this.

I interrupted her and told her that she's full of shit, and that it's fully legal to provide the information used on a purchase using my own credit card, as long as I can prove I'm really the cardholder.

She got all flustered and didn't know what to say. I asked for her manager.

After about 5 minutes on hold, she came back and told me that her manager told her that the fraud department needed to handle it.

I said, "Okay, transfer me to them."

Nope. Can't do that. She has to create a "ticket" to be investigated.

I replied, "No problem. But I'm not giving my credit card info on the ticket, otherwise you'll just take that and never call me with anything."

She responded, "Well then I can't create the fraud ticket without that."

Obv I refused.

I'm on hold to actually speak to the manager here about the matter.

Such a fail that they protect these scammers like this. I get it... they don't want liability in case I pretend I was scammed and use this to social engineer an address or phone number of a legit customer out of them, but if I send them the proper ID and legit proof I'm the cardholder, they should open up the floodgates and give it to me. It's totally legal. I have gotten this out of many large companies in the past with no problem when fraud has occurred.

Comments

Charham: BTW I was reading about someone who had a false return filed on their behalf, IRS wouldn't provide info on where the $ was sent.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He sure moves around a lot or uses a bunch of random addresses for his place of residence.

I'd say get that man on PFA radio to confirm it's all just a misunderstanding but oh wait he don't have a cell phone or computer for skype.

Load Metric
    The first idiot customer service rep at Lenovo also doesn't want to help.

"We can create a fraud ticket for you, but cannot provide any info on the purchaser."

She then tried to tell me that it was illegal to provide this.

I interrupted her and told her that she's full of shit, and that it's fully legal to provide the information used on a purchase using my own credit card, as long as I can prove I'm really the cardholder.

She got all flustered and didn't know what to say. I asked for her manager.

After about 5 minutes on hold, she came back and told me that her manager told her that the fraud department needed to handle it.

I said, "Okay, transfer me to them."

Nope. Can't do that. She has to create a "ticket" to be investigated.

I replied, "No problem. But I'm not giving my credit card info on the ticket, otherwise you'll just take that and never call me with anything."

She responded, "Well then I can't create the fraud ticket without that."

Obv I refused.

I'm on hold to actually speak to the manager here about the matter.

Such a fail that they protect these scammers like this. I get it... they don't want liability in case I pretend I was scammed and use this to social engineer an address or phone number of a legit customer out of them, but if I send them the proper ID and legit proof I'm the cardholder, they should open up the floodgates and give it to me. It's totally legal. I have gotten this out of many large companies in the past with no problem when fraud has occurred.

Pretty sure including credit card data in a ticket would violate their PCI DSS standing. Id imagine that would get the attention of a manager by itself.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Ask Lenovo to access the factory installed spyware to track the scammer....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not sure if this is where he lives but possibly:

https://www.exphonebook.com/main.php...45574&state=ny

Load Metric
    younger brother (?) is a naughty boy as well: http://www.lohud.com/story/news/crim...ment/24844997/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Wish I recorded the Lenovo call.

The manager I got was a real prick. It started out polite albeit frustrating, where he told me that their policy is that they can only provide this information to law enforcement. I tried to reason with him that it's MY FUCKING CARD and I just want the info of who ordered on it, but he kept saying he wanted to help but couldn't.

Okay, fine.

Then I asked who had authorization to make an exception to that policy.

"Nobody has authorization."

I asked, "Really? Not even the CEO."

"Nobody has authorization to do this."

I told him that's not possible, as every company has someone authorized to make policy exceptions.

I then asked for his manager.

"There is nobody I can connect you to who will tell you anything different."

"That's okay," I said, "I'd like to speak to him anyway,"

"Why are you repeating that? Please connect me to your manager."

"Really? Just repeating the same thing over and over? Again, I just want to speak to him. I'll take my chances. Connect me with your manager please."

This asshole repeated the exact same sentence like 7 times to me.

Finally I told him that I was recording the call and was going to put it on YouTube. Suddenly he got a lot more cooperative and agreed to escalate it to his manager, who will supposedly call me back. I'm not holding my breath.

Gonna call Lenovo back, pretend to be Luis Bermeo with my credit card #, and see what I can get out of them. Not sure if it was Luis who ordered this one. Might have been a friend, but it's worth a shot.

Load Metric
    Happened to catch this when I went online to check something else related to temporary authorizations and saw the following two charges:

6/3/15 Asurion Wireless Insurance $169.00
    6/1/15 Lenovo Group $754.43

I bought neither of these.

Presumably, the wireless insurance was to make a bogus claim on a lost phone, get the new phone, and sell it.

The computer purchase is obvious.

I canceled the card, but whenever shit like this happens, I like to call the affected companies and warn them, so the scumbag thief doesn't actually get the merchandise.

I called Asurion first. They sound like a shadeball company in the first place, and it's difficult to reach them on the phone. I basically had to pretend like I already had an account with them and enter a fake phone # to get them.

I offered to send them proof that it was my credit card, and asked them to provide me the name and address used to purchase this fraudulent policy on my card. They refused to give that to me, even if I could 100% prove my card was used, for "privacy reasons" (LOL). Keep in mind that this is a very non-standard line, and I have had many large companies in the past provide me with everything, once I proved to their satisfaction I was telling the truth.

I finally got a manager on the phone at Asurion, who has agreed to give me the name only of the person who did this, so we will see. He only agreed when I played hardball and refused to give him the CC# that was used to scam unless he provided me with this. He won't give me the address or phone # though, and I wouldn't be surprised if he never comes back from hold because he just got what he wanted.

Haven't called Lenovo yet.

Anyway, I will update the thread as it happens. If I get a phone # for the scammer, I will call them up on the next radio.

Otherwise I will just post their name & address here and everyone can have fun.
    You were correct about Asurion, check out the YELp reviews LOL: http://www.yelp.com/biz/asurion-insu...ices-nashville

He will have a hard time processing a claim at least :-)

Load Metric
    Not sure if this is related to your fraud Druff, but over the last few years, I have noticed a ton of fraud right after or during the time I have been in Vegas. So much so, that I have pretty much stopped using my card for anything other than the hotel. It also happened to people I have gone with as well. Fraud has happened to me on 4 different times in the last two years. Always after or during Vegas.
    :freelewfather

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    there is no quit in this jew

Comments

BHS: Yes

Benford: That's what makes it so fun to read! And I learn a few things along the way...Lots of value in that Jew
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well, I airballed the Lenovo social engineering attempt.

Luis Bermeo has no order with them.

This is common. Scammers like this tend to order shit to different names.

Guess I'll have to go with what I got out of the cell phone company.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Not sure if this is related to your fraud Druff, but over the last few years, I have noticed a ton of fraud right after or during the time I have been in Vegas. So much so, that I have pretty much stopped using my card for anything other than the hotel. It also happened to people I have gone with as well. Fraud has happened to me on 4 different times in the last two years. Always after or during Vegas.
    Never used this card in Vegas.

Pretty much impossible to determine the source, as it could have come from one of a ton of places.

Load Metric
    This guy is about to find out that he fucked with the wrong guy.

On a side note, I check my online banking daily to ward off such things. I actually found an incorrect charge on my card, to a dating website(Zoosk) of all things(lol), leading up to my Ireland trip in 2012 & cancelled the card only to find out the next day from the CC company that it was just a mistake from their end & nothing nefarious.

I thought it was going to cause problems because I had booked or paid for a bunch of stuff with this CC & no longer had the same CC to present @ the desk but it made no difference & everything worked fine.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Unbelievable policy of Lenovo.

They just called me back. I was told by "Kevin Brown", a customer service manager, that they do not stop fraudulent credit card purchases unless law enforcement tells them to.

So if the card holder lives in big city like LA, where local law enforcement will not make these phone calls for such a small case (they will tell you just to call your bank and report it), then you can pretty much steal from Lenovo unmolested.

So not only won't they provide me with info on the scammer, they won't even stop the shipment!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    This guy is about to find out that he fucked with the wrong guy.

On a side note, I check my online banking daily to ward off such things. I actually found an incorrect charge on my card, to a dating website(Zoosk) of all things(lol), leading up to my Ireland trip in 2012 & cancelled the card only to find out the next day from the CC company that it was just a mistake from their end & nothing nefarious.

I thought it was going to cause problems because I had booked or paid for a bunch of stuff with this CC & no longer had the same CC to present @ the desk but it made no difference & everything worked fine.
    I'm not understanding How could Zoosk have possibly charged to your card if you never used them? How did they even get your card and info?

Thread Information