Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just bet on dodgers

Load Metric

I just bet on dodgers

Live betting. -134 for game before they went up 2-1

Druff should I lay off or they can hold?

Load Metric
    Fuck the dodgers.

Glad I bet small

Load Metric
    Bad decision

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    imagine having kershaw, puig, joc (just to name a few)...and still finding a way to always fuck it up

meanwhile, the cards have lost their ace (like they do every year) and still find a way to win

much like garrett

Load Metric
    Simp---

Dodgers took a 2 run lead into the bottom of the ninth, and Maddenly kept their best reliever, Kenley Jansen, in the bullpen...Liberatore & Garcia could not hold...

so Maddenly blundered away a win tonight and cost you...Maddenly was saving Jansen for the Cardinal series starting tomorrow

Leo Durocher always said, play to win today and worry about tomorrow when tomorrow gets here

didn't cost me any money but i too am pissed at Donny M
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    Simp---

Dodgers took a 2 run lead into the bottom of the ninth, and Maddenly kept their best reliever, Kenley Jansen, in the bullpen...Liberatore & Garcia could not hold...

so Maddenly blundered away a win tonight and cost you...Maddenly was saving Jansen for the Cardinal series starting tomorrow

Leo Durocher always said, play to win today and worry about tomorrow when tomorrow gets here

didn't cost me any money but i too am pissed at Donny M
    Some are assuming Jansen is injured or sick. If he wasn't, it was a huge FAIL not to use him, especially in Colorado.

To be fair, Willie, the Dodgers have had a lot of injuries this year -- worse overall than the Cardinals.

Yes, you lost Wainwright, but the Dodgers are without Ryu (for the season, never pitched), McCarthy (for the season), Crawford (likely for the season), Puig, Grandal, and relievers Paco Gonzalez and Pedro Baez. And now Scott Van Slyke is out, too.

And while subs Ethier, Guerrero, and Turner have done a great job, their formerly amazing bench is now decimated, as these guys are now starting.

But no question Mattingly has fucked up managing the bullpen big time. He runs Hatcher out there over and over, and the Dodgers keep losing. And he keeps doing it. It's maddening.

Load Metric
    i left out injuries to molina, carpenter, holiday, matt adams, garcia, marco gonzalez...

and with the dodgers payroll, they should be able to absorb injuries much easier than a "mid-market team"

not to mention we have won the world series more than twice as much as one of the biggest markets in mlb

it would be much easier to just come over to the darkside, you know you want to
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 06-03-2015 at 11:34 PM.

Load Metric
    also, this:

Load Metric
    Kenley Jansen became sick during the game tonight vs Rockies---that is the story at the moment (he does have a history of irregular heart beat and in 2011 needed electro shock therapy to normalize his heart beat)

also, this rumor, tomorrow night's promotion at Dodger Stadium, the Kenley Jansen bobblehead, has been replaced with the Kenley Jansen milk-carton...be one of the first 10,000 on hand to receive the gift
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    lol glad I chalked it up as a loss and didn't watch the rest of the game (after the 5th)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    i left out injuries to molina, carpenter, holiday, matt adams, garcia, marco gonzalez...

and with the dodgers payroll, they should be able to absorb injuries much easier than a "mid-market team"

not to mention we have won the world series more than twice as much as one of the biggest markets in mlb

Most of these "injuries" you mentioned were short term.

The only two significant losses the Cardinals have at the moment are Wainwright and Adams.

Dodgers offense was very deep, which is why they are still scoring runs (except when they visit San Francisco) despite all of these injuries.

The pitching was (and still is) thin beyond Kershaw, Greinke, and Jansen (who was out a long time, and might be facing some big health issue now), so that's been the problem.

No Wainwright in the playoffs is going to be a problem for the Cards, though.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    But Joc Pederson??? Holy shit I didn't see this coming. I didn't know he had this much power. Every home run seems to go over 450 feet and a lot of them opposite field. I passed on him in Fantasy because some scouts were saying his #s were bloated because he played in the PCL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

Most of these "injuries" you mentioned were short term.

The only two significant losses the Cardinals have at the moment are Wainwright and Adams.

Dodgers offense was very deep, which is why they are still scoring runs (except when they visit San Francisco) despite all of these injuries.

The pitching was (and still is) thin beyond Kershaw, Greinke, and Jansen (who was out a long time, and might be facing some big health issue now), so that's been the problem.

No Wainwright in the playoffs is going to be a problem for the Cards, though.

Don't forget about Oscar Taveras dying. That counts as an injury I think. They traded Shelby Miller to Atl for Justin Hayward to replace Taveras. They also got a relief pitcher who is hurt. Cards are dealing with injuries too.

Thought the Col starter, Bettis was really impressive last night. Last game was almost a no hitter. Pitchers usually pitch like crap after a game like that but he showed up and pitched well. Could be a guy to keep your eye on.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    But Joc Pederson??? Holy shit I didn't see this coming. I didn't know he had this much power. Every home run seems to go over 450 feet and a lot of them opposite field. I passed on him in Fantasy because some scouts were saying his #s were bloated because he played in the PCL
    Joc was awful in the 1 month he was up last year, but I think he was trying too hard.

He still has some batting average issues, and he strikes out a lot. But obviously he's crushing the ball when he hits it.

His power numbers surprise everyone. He was expected to hit 25 HR "best case" in 2015, and 20 HR was what he was shooting for. Now he's got 17 and it's the beginning of June.

Load Metric
    Maybe just bet against the Tigers for the rest of the season. So sad.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    What the heck is going on in the motor city?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    What the heck is going on in the motor city?
    I think we need an emergency B&P&Lew radio to get it sorted at this point.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Joc was awful in the 1 month he was up last year, but I think he was trying too hard.

He still has some batting average issues, and he strikes out a lot. But obviously he's crushing the ball when he hits it.

His power numbers surprise everyone. He was expected to hit 25 HR "best case" in 2015, and 20 HR was what he was shooting for. Now he's got 17 and it's the beginning of June.
    His batting average is somewhat low but his OBP is like 380 which is great especially for a rookie. The last time I remember a home run hitter going off like this as a rookie was McGwire in 87. I'm sure there have been some since then thru the steroid era but this little run reminds me of McGwire

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

His batting average is somewhat low but his OBP is like 380 which is great especially for a rookie. The last time I remember a home run hitter going off like this as a rookie was McGwire in 87. I'm sure there have been some since then thru the steroid era but this little run reminds me of McGwire
    As much as I would like to believe that Joc is going to be the next monster power hitter for years to come, I think these HR are a combination of running good and pitchers unfamiliar with him.

He was not thought to have the raw power of a 1987 McGwire, to cite your example.

He is smashing them way back into the stands, though, so it's not just a matter of a few fly balls carrying extra feet. He's really crushing most of them.

I am very happy to see that he's not a fail, though. I was afraid he was going to suffer from minor league overexposure syndrome -- something which former Dodger Greg Brock was infamous for. Basically if you're in the minors too long (as Joc was, given his numbers), you start to acclimate to that type of pitching and can't adjust to MLB.

Thread Information