Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    SEARLES IS GOD
    OBV

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DABADASS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

I don't get the last part of this comment; why would Limit Holdem be any different than other forms of poker (or online for that matter) in terms of profit? Unless you don't have an edge on the field (or one that can't overcome the rake) how could this be? Sure the players are better on the whole nowadays, but the little $10/$20 live Limit I've played in the past year says that game is still beatable for me, and I'm rusty as hell. I'm sure a strong Limit player would still be able to find decent edges in higher games, I can't imagine every player above the $10/$20 level is playing perfectly.
    The variance in LHE is higher than NLHE. Also, the edge you have over a live, LHE player is significantly smaller than the edge over a live, NLHE player. Basically, the ability for a bad player to make a mistake for all of his chips is of huge value in NLHE. There aren't enough hands/hour in a live, LHE game for it to be worth anyone's time. Unless the game is obscenely good and above 20/40. The rake will eat you alive...

Some people think that LHE has less variance than NL (at comparable limits), but it's not true. Aside from deepstacked "cooler" situations in NL, it's fairly easy to control your variance by playing a small-ball style. In limit it is very tough to keep variance down, especially shorthanded.

I will say that you can beat live limit below 20/40. I'm not sure where the cutoff is, but you can definitely beat 10/20 if you stick to good games. You won't win that much money at live 10/20, but you can beat it. Lower than that... well, that starts to get pretty tough.

Games 20/40 and above don't have to be "obscenely good" to be worth your time. They can be decent and still worth your time. For example, a live 60-120 game with 1 fish and 5 other good players would still be +EV to a skilled player.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac

Bottom line is you are a drooling retard
    Please quit stealing my well thought out insults and using them as your own

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    SEARLES IS GOD
    OBV

Load Metric
    china you might as well go beat a dead horse with a stick.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    china you might as well go beat a dead horse with a stick.
    I know huh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DABADASS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

I don't get the last part of this comment; why would Limit Holdem be any different than other forms of poker (or online for that matter) in terms of profit? Unless you don't have an edge on the field (or one that can't overcome the rake) how could this be? Sure the players are better on the whole nowadays, but the little $10/$20 live Limit I've played in the past year says that game is still beatable for me, and I'm rusty as hell. I'm sure a strong Limit player would still be able to find decent edges in higher games, I can't imagine every player above the $10/$20 level is playing perfectly.
    The variance in LHE is higher than NLHE. Also, the edge you have over a live, LHE player is significantly smaller than the edge over a live, NLHE player. Basically, the ability for a bad player to make a mistake for all of his chips is of huge value in NLHE. There aren't enough hands/hour in a live, LHE game for it to be worth anyone's time. Unless the game is obscenely good and above 20/40. The rake will eat you alive...
    I understand all of this, but you said Live Limit Holdem is not profitable in the long-run, maybe it was just a poor choice of word on your part.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

You shouldn't be the person to talk about common sense & big words.
    You don't seem to have much common sense(I actually think this is part act on your part)& we all know your grasp of the English language is suspect at best although this is certainly not a requirement for posting on a forum.
    So you don't think I have any common sense, but then you say it's just an act?
    All I can say to this is WOW.

Maybe it's not an act. Maybe he really is this stupid. Maybe his grasp of the English language is even worse than I suspected.(vegas would be proud of me)

Please do not respond to my posts unless you have something intelligent to say.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

Do you not realize how much dumber this is making you look asking me to book a bet about something that you learn in elementary school? Maybe you luckboxed your way into using it correctly ONE fucking time, I could be wrong as I don't read every post you make, but the point is, and you haven't even denied this, YOU ARE CALLING PEOPLE BORDERLINE RETARDED YET YOU DIDN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEN AND THAN UNTIL I JUST POINTED IT OUT.

I have a better bet for you... How about I find, lets say 15 posts, where you have used those two words incorrectly? I will bet you $1000. Booked?
    25 incorrect usages for $250 with a panel of 3 impartial judges to rule on the validity of each usage and it's merit. Would you book that bet than?
    Ok, sorry, haven't had time to respond to this.

I did a search on then and than and come up empty, it says it is too common, which means I will have to search through all of your posts, which is a lot of fucking work. Also considering I will have to read all of your drivel I don't think $250 is enough for 25 posts. I will go with 15 posts for $250, and frankly what does the 10 extra posts mean anyway... 15 is a damn good sample size IMO. If you insist on 25 I will go for $500. So, your choice, either 15 for $250 or 25 for $500, your call, I'm the one taking most of the risk here considering you seem confident I am wrong.

Also, LOL @ 3 impartial judges... I'll give you your 3 fucking judges... THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE you mope. If you insist though, I nominate Druff, Tony B and maybe this Steve-O- guy. Fair enough?

One last thing... No editing of your posts prior to yesterday's date. If I go back and see a post from March that was just edited today, you owe me regardless if I produce the 15 or 25 errors. I doubt you would do that, but I just have to state the obv.

Load Metric

25 incorrect usages for $250 with a panel of 3 impartial judges to rule on the validity of each usage and it's merit. Would you book that bet than?

I did a search on then and than and come up empty, it says it is too common, which means I will have to search through all of your posts, which is a lot of fucking work. Also considering I will have to read all of your drivel I don't think $250 is enough for 25 posts. I will go with 15 posts for $250, and frankly what does the 10 extra posts mean anyway... 15 is a damn good sample size IMO. If you insist on 25 I will go for $500. So, your choice, either 15 for $250 or 25 for $500, your call, I'm the one taking most of the risk here considering you seem confident I am wrong.

Also, LOL @ 3 impartial judges... I'll give you your 3 fucking judges... THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE you mope. If you insist though, I nominate Druff, Tony B and maybe this Steve-O- guy. Fair enough?

One last thing... No editing of your posts prior to yesterday's date. If I go back and see a post from March that was just edited today, you owe me regardless if I produce the 15 or 25 errors. I doubt you would do that, but I just have to state the obv.
    You actually took that seriously? I thought it was pretty obvious I was clowning on you. Also, I have been ninja misusing the a vs e since yesterday.

How could I ever win? You really gonna post "shit, I read every single post and you got me sir?"

Load Metric

You actually took that seriously? I thought it was pretty obvious I was clowning on you. Also, I have been ninja misusing the a vs e since yesterday.

How could I ever win? You really gonna post "shit, I read every single post and you got me sir?"
    LOL, @ clowning on me when you don't even have a grasp on the simplest terms in the English language. You were serious, you just had some time to rethink this and realize you would most likely lose. Also, how could you win you ask? Very simple, we set a time limit... You would think a guy with your intellectual prowess would have thought that one up already. We set it for 48 hours, and if I don't produce, I lose.

Also, I would not count your misuses yesterday.

You're the one here trying to make wagers when tilted kid, don't sit here now and act like you weren't serious, anyone that reads this knows you were. So either admit that you simply are a borderline retard who doesn't know the difference between then and than, or accept the terms of the bet that you proposed to begin with.

Load Metric

LOL, @ clowning on me when you don't even have a grasp on the simplest terms in the English language. You were serious, you just had some time to rethink this and realize you would most likely lose. Also, how could you win you ask? Very simple, we set a time limit... You would think a guy with your intellectual prowess would have thought that one up already. We set it for 48 hours, and if I don't produce, I lose.

You're the one here trying to make wagers when tilted kid, don't sit here now and act like you weren't serious, anyone that reads this knows you were. So either admit that you simply are a borderline retard who doesn't know the difference between then and than, or accept the terms of the bet that you proposed to begin with.
    Can I have 24 hrs to check my posts first? You have already admitted to doing so; it only seems fair!

Are we talking PFA posts only? I will take one of two wagers. The 25 for $500 or a different bet. Produce 30 such misuses in 48 hrs and I will never post again. Otherwise you ship me $500.

Load Metric
    does this include dd and pfa?

Load Metric

Can I have 24 hrs to check my posts first? You have already admitted to doing so; it only seems fair!

Are we talking PFA posts only? I will take one of two wagers. The 25 for $500 or a different bet. Produce 30 such misuses in 48 hrs and I will never post again. Otherwise you ship me $500.
    I can see that you are going thru and reading my old threads as I type this. Please accept the bet or don't, otherwise you are just trying to cheat right now!

Load Metric

What are you talking about with 24 hours? I haven't checked anything, I haven't even been on the internet since my post last night, up until right now. So you want 24 hours to go through your posts to see if you lose, then you cancel the bet if you do? LOL... Tell you what, let's bet on a Royals game tomorrow, I get the opposing team, but I don't want to book the bet till the game is over... OK? LOL! No 24 hours, that's ridiculous... Also, you not posting is not something I am interested in, and that definitely isn't worth the $500 to me.

I think it would be fair also to be able to go through your posts here and at DD, but at least half of the 25 have to be from here. Your 400+ posts aren't all that much considering I have to look for the use of 2 certain words, which I think you probably try to avoid using since they confuse you.

I will accept the 25 for $500.

Load Metric

What are you talking about with 24 hours? I haven't checked anything, I haven't even been on the internet since my post last night, up until right now. So you want 24 hours to go through your posts to see if you lose, then you cancel the bet if you do? LOL... Tell you what, let's bet on a Royals game tomorrow, I get the opposing team, but I don't want to book the bet till the game is over... OK? LOL! No 24 hours, that's ridiculous... Also, you not posting is not something I am interested in, and that definitely isn't worth the $500 to me.

I think it would be fair also to be able to go through your posts here and at DD, but at least half of the 25 have to be from here. Your 400+ posts aren't all that much considering I have to look for the use of 2 certain words, which I think you probably try to avoid using since they confuse you.

25 posts but 15 have to be from here. $500. You have 48 hrs

Load Metric

Things just got interesting. I can't wait to see the outcome.

Load Metric

15 isn't half of 25

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post

15 isn't half of 25
    So 12.5 have to be from here?
    We were negotiating terms I thought, he doesn't get to demand anything. Regardless, I would concede the 13 vs 15 FFS.

Don't you dare question my integrity Jasep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post

15 isn't half of 25
    So 12.5 have to be from here?
    We were negotiating terms I thought, he doesn't get to demand anything. Regardless, I would concede the 13 vs 15 FFS.

Don't you dare question my integrity Jasep
    No need to question your integrity when you simply don't have any.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Thread Information