Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: jsearles and Chinamaniac debate about the value of his WSOP pieces

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

I know you are borderline retarded serial, so i will spell this out for you. I never claimed to be better then China. The entire bet was an attempt to illustrate that I felt China was giving a poor deal (and the fact that me winning $130 gives the same investment return as him winning $3000 proves that IMO). My skill vs his skill isnt even in question as I play micro stakes and he is a baller. China is god obv. Please run along now child.

Do you think anyone gives a damn that they would have received a better ROI percentage if they had invested in you rather than China? The ROI percentage goes down as the stakes go up, it's pretty simple and anyone who stakes understands that. Anyone in the staking business would gladly invest $1000 into China and bring back $1500 rather than $100 into you and bring back $200. Percentages be damned all they care about is the dollar amount.
    Wow, you are stupid! I was talking about dollar for dollar return, not percentage return. $50 invested would profit you $4.32 in mine at +$130 and $4.32 in Chinas at +$2880.

Load Metric

Do you think anyone gives a damn that they would have received a better ROI percentage if they had invested in you rather than China? The ROI percentage goes down as the stakes go up, it's pretty simple and anyone who stakes understands that. Anyone in the staking business would gladly invest $1000 into China and bring back $1500 rather than $100 into you and bring back $200. Percentages be damned all they care about is the dollar amount.
    Wow, you are stupid! I was talking about dollar for dollar return, not percentage return. $50 invested would profit you $4.32 in mine at +$130 and $4.32 in Chinas at +$2880.
    LOL

So then your point is that $50 buys you a bigger percentage of a micro players action than it does a high limit players action?
    Last edited by Serial Fail; 05-21-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Load Metric

I know you are borderline retarded serial, so i will spell this out for you. I never claimed to be better then China. The entire bet was an attempt to illustrate that I felt China was giving a poor deal (and the fact that me winning $130 gives the same investment return as him winning $3000 proves that IMO). My skill vs his skill isnt even in question as I play micro stakes and he is a baller. China is god obv. Please run along now child.

You are way off base. Capital is finite, it's not like these investors have an infinite amount of money to throw around at potential horses. Secondly, there is obviously a larger investment needed when staking someone for $1000 compared to $100.

Two things to consider: risk (Standard Deviation) and return (ROI). It's all about maximizing (Return/Risk). Everything else is bullshit.
    Last edited by DABADASS; 05-21-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DABADASS View Post

You are way off base. Capital is finite, it's not like these investors have an infinite amount of money to throw around at potential horses. Secondly, there is obviously a larger investment needed when staking someone for $1000 compared to $100.

Two things to consider: risk (Standard Deviation) and return (ROI). It's all about maximizing (Return/Risk). Everything else is bullshit.

Take it easy on the common sense and big words, you are dealing with a guy who has Fail in his name

Load Metric
    Take it easy on the common sense and big words, you are dealing with a guy who has Fail in his name
    You shouldn't be the person to talk about common sense & big words.
    You don't seem to have much common sense(I actually think this is part act on your part)& we all know your grasp of the English language is suspect at best although this is certainly not a requirement for posting on a forum.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    You shouldn't be the person to talk about common sense & big words.
    You don't seem to have much common sense(I actually think this is part act on your part)& we all know your grasp of the English language is suspect at best although this is certainly not a requirement for posting on a forum.
    So you don't think I have any common sense, but then you say it's just an act?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

People invest in me because I am a proven winner and they can possibly get a decent size ROI with a little risk. Even if they lose they get makeup and I am a proven winner over time.

People don't invest in you because you are a terrible player and your micro stats prove that. If they do invest in you it is because they don't value the dollar very much.

Thirdly even if your ROI was higher on a BAP that mine this time it proves nothing. I believe I have doubled my backers money on 3 stakes I have run and made them a good chunk of change.

Fourthly my ROI lifetime in cash games is a $100 investment into 200-300k. You are a big loser in micro stakes cash games lifetime.

The only thing you are very good at is being the worst poster on this board

Load Metric

Fail is a 4 letter word.

Are you sure you understand what the word "fail" means? I know that you have some difficulty with a couple 4-letter words.

Load Metric
    China, may you please give me some background info. on the current games/stakes you are playing? I used to crush online LHE, but suddenly the games dried up and my decision making got worse and worse. (Betting $10k/game w/ Neverwin seemed like a good idea at the time.) I'd be curious to know if there is still money to be made at online LHE games. Also, you'd be foolish to think that live, LHE games are profitable in the long-run. The players would have be borderline retarded for it to be worth your time.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

People invest in me because I am a proven winner and they can possibly get a decent size ROI with a little risk. Even if they lose they get makeup and I am a proven winner over time.

People don't invest in you because you are a terrible player and your micro stats prove that. If they do invest in you it is because they don't value the dollar very much.

Thirdly even if your ROI was higher on a BAP that mine this time it proves nothing. I believe I have doubled my backers money on 3 stakes I have run and made them a good chunk of change.

Fourthly my ROI lifetime in cash games is a $100 investment into 200-300k. You are a big loser in micro stakes cash games lifetime.

Again, because you and others seem to be drooling retards, this was never me proclaiming to be a better poker player. I think your cash stake was a horrible investment opportunity. I can say that if I feel like it. Calling someone out doesn't immediately imply you are better, it's simply an observation. I can say Tim Tebow is a chump, and only a retard would take that as me saying I'm a better nfl QB!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Again, because you and others seem to be drooling retards, this was never me proclaiming to be a better poker player. I think your cash stake was a horrible investment opportunity. I can say that if I feel like it. Calling someone out doesn't immediately imply you are better, it's simply an observation. I can say Tim Tebow is a chump, and only a retard would take that as me saying I'm a better nfl QB!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    China, may you please give me some background info. on the current games/stakes you are playing? I used to crush online LHE, but suddenly the games dried up and my decision making got worse and worse. (Betting $10k/game w/ Neverwin seemed like a good idea at the time.) I'd be curious to know if there is still money to be made at online LHE games. Also, you'd be foolish to think that live, LHE games are profitable in the long-run. The players would have be borderline retarded for it to be worth your time.
    I play online 3-6 to 30-60 , there are good games if u look around

Live play is beatable if your not playing 5-10 and below

2 good friends of mine play live limit

1 guy plays 10-20 to 40-80 and is up close to 75k since september

Another played live for 45 days 30-60 40-80 and 50-100 and won 30k and then went back to online

If games are good they are profitable

Load Metric
    jsearles you're a big ass chump and the problem with investing in you is that no one knows you and the people that do know you think you're a big ass chump. What is your track record of running stakes? How much money have you sent back back to your investors? Why should I feel safe in sending my money to you when you could just take the money and run?

Frankly a guy with an attitude like yours is just a roll waiting to happen.

Load Metric
    I don't get the last part of this comment; why would Limit Holdem be any different than other forms of poker (or online for that matter) in terms of profit? Unless you don't have an edge on the field (or one that can't overcome the rake) how could this be? Sure the players are better on the whole nowadays, but the little $10/$20 live Limit I've played in the past year says that game is still beatable for me, and I'm rusty as hell. I'm sure a strong Limit player would still be able to find decent edges in higher games, I can't imagine every player above the $10/$20 level is playing perfectly.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

the same stake they doubled their money on last time for 100 % ROI and most likely will profit this time. Seems like a horrible opportunity to me

Again the only thing horrible here is you

Load Metric

the same stake they doubled their money on last time for 100 % ROI and most likely will profit this time. Seems like a horrible opportunity to me

I can provide links of stakes I ran that show 100% roi also. But like you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinamaniac
    one stake wouldnt prove anything

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    I don't get the last part of this comment; why would Limit Holdem be any different than other forms of poker (or online for that matter) in terms of profit? Unless you don't have an edge on the field (or one that can't overcome the rake) how could this be? Sure the players are better on the whole nowadays, but the little $10/$20 live Limit I've played in the past year says that game is still beatable for me, and I'm rusty as hell. I'm sure a strong Limit player would still be able to find decent edges in higher games, I can't imagine every player above the $10/$20 level is playing perfectly.
    The variance in LHE is higher than NLHE. Also, the edge you have over a live, LHE player is significantly smaller than the edge over a live, NLHE player. Basically, the ability for a bad player to make a mistake for all of his chips is of huge value in NLHE. There aren't enough hands/hour in a live, LHE game for it to be worth anyone's time. Unless the game is obscenely good and above 20/40. The rake will eat you alive...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I can provide links of stakes I ran that show 100% roi also. But like you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinamaniac
    one stake wouldnt prove anything

If anyone invested in me from when I started playing full time till now if offered the same deal currently they would be ahead close to 100k. But that would have been a bad investment right?

Tommyboy who is one of the smartest stakers/poker people in the world invested 3-4k in me last BAP and doubled his money. But he made a bad investment right?

Bottom line is you are a drooling retard

Load Metric
    SEARLES IS GOD

Thread Information