Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBA Credibility

Load Metric

NBA Credibility

After the NBA-owned New Orleans Hornets won the draft lottery earlier tonight, I looked up '1985 NBA Draft' tonight, widely rumored to be fixed for the Knicks. I had always heard/read things about this but always chalked them up to good old conspiracy.

Until I saw this YouTube video.

Check out 0:06-0:07 when dude inexplicably fires one envelope into the side of the 'drum' creasing the envelope.

Stern flips over a handful around 0:50 and picks the envelope with the NOTABLE crease in the corner.

Knicks win! It's also theorized that the envelope was frozen or something.

Oh, and:

LOL NBA

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Check out 0:06-0:07 when dude inexplicably fires one envelope into the side of the 'drum' creasing the envelope.

Stern flips over a handful around 0:50 and picks the envelope with the NOTABLE crease in the corner.
    Those envelopes were being spun around and were banging into the sides of the drum. I'm sure they all had creases in the corners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Lightbulb

we got a lot more to worry about than rigged boringball

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

like that monster Drexel.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

like that monster Drexel.
    Name:  Drexelbottle.gif
Views: 545
Size:  16.8 KB

Load Metric
    Its been widely theorized that the league fixed the draft so Lebron could go to Cleveland too.

The whole "lottery" aspect is absurd. Almost all other major sports simply rank the teams from worst to first and then draft accordingly. The NBA system is a setup for failure.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Its been widely theorized that the league fixed the draft so Lebron could go to Cleveland too.

The whole "lottery" aspect is absurd. Almost all other major sports simply rank the teams from worst to first and then draft accordingly. The NBA system is a setup for failure.
    The alleged 1985 fix makes sense as the NBA wanted to grow the NYC market. If you really are a conspiracy guy, the Hornets winning last night seems a bit fishy, since the NBA owns them and all (at least for a bit longer).

What advantage could be gained by putting LBJ into one of the smaller markets?

Load Metric

The alleged 1985 fix makes sense as the NBA wanted to grow the NYC market. If you really are a conspiracy guy, the Hornets winning last night seems a bit fishy, since the NBA owns them and all (at least for a bit longer).

LBJ staying home in Cleveland was a HUGE story for the league for many years. It also drew many fans to the NBA that otherwise wouldnt have paid any attention. LBJ took that team to the NBA finals and inifinitely grew the interest around the league. I dont know if he would have had the same appeal had he went to the Clippers or the Knicks (really the only big market teams with a feasible lottery pick that year, and NY was a loooong shot for the #1).

I think people also forget that Wade and Bosh were both drafted that same year, both top 5. How crazy is it that 3 of the top 5 players in one season are now on the same team? Darko Milicic never produced and Melo is now in NY. 9 years later and only one player in the entire first round is on the same team and producing for the team that drafted him (Wade).
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    [B]

LBJ staying home in Cleveland was a HUGE story for the league for many years. It also drew many fans to the NBA that otherwise wouldnt have paid any attention. LBJ took that team to the NBA finals and inifinitely grew the interest around the league. I dont know if he would have had the same appeal had he went to the Clippers or the Knicks (really the only big market teams with a feasible lottery pick that year, and NY was a loooong shot for the #1).
    Uhhhhhhhhhh, this is so stupid I can't even breathe. Nothing tilts me more than idiots who have zero knowledge or intelligence, but they type daily on here like they're smart. You're not smart. Your theory is retarded. How the fuck would LJ going to Cleveland get more attention than if he went to NYC? Are you trying to say that the number of fans who live in Cleveland was such a huge impact for the NBA market that it would outweigh the "new" attention the league would've gotten had he gone to NYC?
    I think people also forget that Wade and Bosh were both drafted that same year, both top 5. How crazy is it that 3 of the top 5 players in one season are now on the same team? Darko Milicic never produced and Melo is now in NY. 9 years later and only one player in the entire first round is on the same team and producing for the team that drafted him (Wade).

What does this last paragraph have to do with anything? Do you just post nonsense because you have zero life and posting in EVERY thread is your only hope of human interaction for the day? You suck at life. Don't you have a kid you deadbeat fuck? You're on here all day and night.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Rumor has it the Fix was in for the Rockets to get Yao Ming as well.

Don't need to crease the envelopes, just stick the one you want to pick in the freezer for a couple hours.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

Uhhhhhhhhhh, this is so stupid I can't even breathe. Nothing tilts me more than idiots who have zero knowledge or intelligence, but they type daily on here like they're smart. You're not smart. Your theory is retarded. How the fuck would LJ going to Cleveland get more attention than if he went to NYC? Are you trying to say that the number of fans who live in Cleveland was such a huge impact for the NBA market that it would outweigh the "new" attention the league would've gotten had he gone to NYC?

What does this last paragraph have to do with anything? Do you just post nonsense because you have zero life and posting in EVERY thread is your only hope of human interaction for the day? You suck at life. Don't you have a kid you deadbeat fuck? You're on here all day and night.
    You are making the false assumption that only Cleveland fans gave a damn, and that couldnt be further from the truth. I dont live anywhere near Cleveland or NY, but I can tell you that I personally was drawn to this story of young man, in his hometown making it. I would have cared less about it if he went to NY. In my mind he would have just been another prima donna star athlete making uber bucks. Because he was in Cleveland I actually paid attention. I cant imagine that Im the only one.

And are you really attacking me for commenting and then throwing in a few germane side notes? If you dont want people to discuss topics, then GTFO. You brought up the NBA, the talk shifted to Lebron, and I commented on Lebrons draft (as well as the Heat, who played in the ECF last night BTW). How is that offensive to you?

Lastly, I have commented on this many times. 90% of my posting here is done from work. I am willing to bet that I spend A LOT less of my free time on this forum then others do. Getting paid to tilt you monkeys is fun for me though. I think Steve-O is in the same boat as me, just passing time during the day.

Load Metric

You are making the false assumption that only Cleveland fans gave a damn, and that couldnt be further from the truth. I dont live anywhere near Cleveland or NY, but I can tell you that I personally was drawn to this story of young man, in his hometown making it. I would have cared less about it if he went to NY. In my mind he would have just been another prima donna star athlete making uber bucks. Because he was in Cleveland I actually paid attention. I cant imagine that Im the only one.

And are you really attacking me for commenting and then throwing in a few germane side notes? If you dont want people to discuss topics, then GTFO. You brought up the NBA, the talk shifted to Lebron, and I commented on Lebrons draft (as well as the Heat, who played in the ECF last night BTW). How is that offensive to you?

Lastly, I have commented on this many times. 90% of my posting here is done from work. I am willing to bet that I spend A LOT less of my free time on this forum then others do. Getting paid to tilt you monkeys is fun for me though. I think Steve-O is in the same boat as me, just passing time during the day.

Lol @ you trying to fit in and compare yourself
    To Steve-O. You're a joke. What job allows you to post and refresh the forum 24/7? You must work 20 hours a day too. Amazing. You're an attention whoring bitch who hates his life, and can only be the little boy bitch you are on the inside, on the Internet.

Your kid must be proud of his daddy, and I'm sure your wife can't wait to fuck you once you're done refreshing PFA all night. Life Loser.

Load Metric

To Steve-O. You're a joke. What job allows you to post and refresh the forum 24/7? You must work 20 hours a day too. Amazing. You're an attention whoring bitch who hates his life, and can only be the little boy bitch you are on the inside, on the Internet.

Your kid must be proud of his daddy, and I'm sure your wife can't wait to fuck you once you're done refreshing PFA all night. Life Loser.
    Name:  you mad5.gif
Views: 326
Size:  301.0 KB

Load Metric

Yeah, I would've bet you aren't working most of the time you post. Dipshits like you don't hold jobs. They sit on the computer all day and neglect their children waiting for your most likely obese wife to come home with the bread. Your pics say it all.

Load Metric

Yeah, I would've bet you aren't working most of the time you post. Dipshits like you don't hold jobs. They sit on the computer all day and neglect their children waiting for your most likely obese wife to come home with the bread. Your pics say it all.
    Name:  Manny-Pacquiao-v-Ricky-Ha-001.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  34.7 KB

Load Metric

You literally didnt get one of those "ideas" correct, not fucking one. A complete and utter failure, just like almost every other post you have made on this forum.

Load Metric
    LBJ was a HUGE story for the league for many years.
    fyp.

Not to mention, if Lebron was in NY, LA, or maybe Boston, he'd also have had at least 2-3 times as many games on national TV. Shit, they may have put every single game of his rookie year on national tv.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    LBJ was a HUGE story for the league for many years.
    fyp.

Not to mention, if Lebron was in NY, LA, or maybe Boston, he'd also have had at least 2-3 times as many games on national TV. Shit, they may have put every single game of his rookie year on national tv.
    As I stated earlier, I dont think I would have taken a liking to the guy as much. A big star in a big city is boring. A huge start single handedly bringing his hometown to the pinnacle of his sport, now thats compelling.

Load Metric

You literally didnt get one of those "ideas" correct, not fucking one. A complete and utter failure, just like almost every other post you have made on this forum.

Strange, I'm pretty sure we've already seen a picture of your wife.

You're pathetic. Have fun at "work".

Load Metric

Strange, I'm pretty sure we've already seen a picture of your wife.

You're pathetic. Have fun at "work".
    Not good at the Internet I see? My "most likely" obese wife that you are "pretty sure" you have seen pictures of? Which is it retard, have you or haven't you? Your answer is pretty obvious since you are assuming incorrectly that she is obese. Either that or you have a very warped sense of weight.

I am having fun at work, getting paid to tilt you!

Thread Information