Thread: Terrell Owens booted from another football team

Load Metric

Terrell Owens booted from another football team

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...232626766.html

Terrell Owens cannot be tolerated, even by the Indoor Football League
    By MJD | Shutdown Corner – 4 hours ago

Another team for Terrell Owens, and another acrimonious departure. Things never seem to end well with Owens, even with the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League.

With the Wranglers at 6-5 and chasing a playoff spot, they've released Owens for what they're calling a "lack of effort both on and off the field." In a statement released by the team president and co-owner, Owens was said to be refusing to play in upcoming road games against the Nebraska Danger and Everett (Washington) Raptors. There was this, too:

"The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back for Mr. Owens was his no-show to a scheduled appearance at a local children's hospital with other Wrangler players and coaches. It is not the desire of the Allen Wranglers' organization to disappoint fans by having our most notable player miss a scheduled appearance."

Owens will also lose his ownership stake in the team.

When Owens originally signed with the team, it seemed like there was an agreement that he wouldn't have to play in all the team's road games, though the actual language in his contract is unknown. Maybe he had to play in these two particular road games. I don't know. But if a team wanted to get out of its contract with Owens, and thought it might help to make him seem like a bad and irresponsible guy, well, that fruit would be hanging pretty low.

No matter the case, the news doesn't come at a great time for Owens. Financially, things are not going well for him. Between the child support, the foreclosed homes, the tears, and the public flogging on "Dr. Phil," it would've probably been a good idea for Owens to hold on to this job, even if it wasn't his dream job. At the very least, fulfilling his obligation to the Allen Wranglers might've been an indication to NFL teams that Owens had his act together, but now, maybe not so much.

With 420 yards, Owens was tied for the lead among Wranglers wide receivers. He was averaging 52.5 yards per game and was fifth on the team with an average of 12 yards per catch. His 10 touchdowns ranked him third on the team.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    hey DRK STAR........ who ever was the phone in guest tonight.....btw he was damn near incoherent........ sure blew your cover......

A Jewdonk/DD hater from a way back.......quite the hard on of hate.. you were over the top with the Jewdonk DD hate but why? now we know

Load Metric
    thats my business partner. El Gallo.

he hates Gingers. cant blame him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    No matter what you think of DD, the one and only Jewdonk could rock this and any other site, whether he had malicious intent or not.

The guy is built for owning this shit. Never, has anyone drawn attention, good or bad like Jewdonk....

It's a fact

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    thats my business partner. El Gallo.

he hates Gingers. cant blame him.

he blows on radio

Load Metric
    I'm pretty boring like 98% of the time.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I do not see Terrell Owens dying of natural causes. I predict a death by overdose sometime within the next 5 years.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I do not see Terrell Owens dying of natural causes. I predict a death by overdose sometime within the next 5 years.

Really any form of self inflicted death is a possibility. This guy has been a nutcase for years.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Thread Information