Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I think there is chemistry between me & my manager, not sure what my play is here..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I think there is chemistry between me & my manager, not sure what my play is here..

So I moved to Portugal one week ago and started a sales job on Monday. Before that I was trained by the area manager for a few days. She's 29 so not much older, and Latvian. She's been with the company for six years and has taken the area manager position here just a couple months ago as it's the companies first year in Portugal.

As of now, it's just me and her over here, as my friend who came over with me to be a sales rep has already gone home for personal reasons. So I've spent a fair amount of time driving about with her and learning the sales steps, but as there's been a delay on my apartment they've kept me in a hotel for now. Today she has taken my dirty clothes back with her to wash as I said I needed a laundrette. She also gave me some commission on sales yesterday when I went to help her out, even though she did all the work.

We're both single afaik, and been getting along well with easy conversation, jokes, lots of eye contact, and so on.

I appreciate that some will try to troll this post, but am looking for some serious opinions - especially from anyone who has had similar romantic relations in the workplace.

Comments

Serial Fail: Fuck her right in the pussy

Load Metric
    pics or gtfo

Load Metric
    the amount of relationships that I know of, that have "gone well" once the two people break up or stop hooking up, is zero.

Id probably avoid getting close to her. It will likely not end well. UNLESS you are not planning on being there long. In that case, go ahead.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Get her wasted on Beam and you will find out real quick if she wants you to bend her over or not.

Comments

RegGaymer: pro tip

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    pics or gtfo
    Had a feeling this would be the first response. But seriously, even if I had a pic of her I'm not sure if putting it on here would be the best idea given the usual protocol.

Comments

smithbk: Step One: Don't post her pic on degenerate website. lol

Baron Von Strucker: yuup

Load Metric
    You don't get your meat where you get your bread.

Comments

Shizzmoney: wisdom rep

Load Metric
    When she comes back with your clothes, tell her you balls need a good scrubbing. See where it goes from there. Seriously, I don't think you could get a more obvious signal then her doing your laundry. That type of service is hard to get even after you knock the boots.

Load Metric
    I hear those portugeese bitches love taking cocks in their hairy asses. I say go for it and report back. Worst case you get a new job and have to start doing your own laundry.

Comments

4BET: lol. Solid advise

Load Metric
    Is this the job that is 100% commission and no salary (selling suntan lotion or something?) If so go for it as you have little to lose. Trip report obviously

Banned
    Load Metric
    1. Don't shit where you eat.

2. You have a nasty habit of searching for patterns where none exist. There's no reptiles in congress and this woman probably isn't in to you.

Skated Thru to PFA WP Title BHS's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Generally the school of thought for these situations is that you "don't stick your pen in company ink". However, if this job is not something you're looking to pursue as a career, then I think you go for it. If asked about it in future, claim protection under statute 48 U.S.C. CH.YOLO1.42ANAL

Load Metric
    ahahahahah "she"

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Honestly, you'd get better advice regarding picking up chicks from an autism support forum.

Comments

nunbeater: Trust me, this guy would know

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

2. You have a nasty habit of searching for patterns where none exist. There's no reptiles in congress and this woman probably isn't in to you.
    Reg points out that his manager has only had the position for a few months.

She wants you to like her (as a boss) and has yet to learn that "a foreman is not a friend". She will grow self confidence as a manager over the years and not give a shit about what people like you think of her.

You are misreading her interest in you. Great salespeople are usually gifted at reading interpersonal queues. Your future either way does not look promising.

Comments

Pooh: ass has been bloodied

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

She wants you to like her (as a boss) and has yet to learn that "a foreman is not a friend". She will grow self confidence as a manager over the years and not give a shit about what people like you think of her.

You are misreading her interest in you. Great salespeople are usually gifted at reading interpersonal queues. Your future either way does not look promising.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Is this the job that is 100% commission and no salary (selling suntan lotion or something?) If so go for it as you have little to lose. Trip report obviously
    Yeah, commission + accommodation. She's on salary and has been since she became a supervisor after two years.

We're set up at hotel/pool complex' where we do a speech on the Mic for a few mins and then the holiday goers at the pools come to our table and look for suncare advise while we have to sell our lotions. Depending on how well I perform on the job I could be here until October and then be moved somewhere else.

What's that saying, I can resist anything but temptation?

But then there's that age old saying: don't mix business with pleasure.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Yeah, commission + accommodation. She's on salary and has been since she became a supervisor after two years.

We're set up at hotel/pool complex' where we do a speech on the Mic for a few mins and then the holiday goers at the pools come to our table and look for suncare advise while we have to sell our lotions. Depending on how well I perform on the job I could be here until October and then be moved somewhere else.

bro, this sounds like the shitiest gig ever. you moved to a different country for this shit?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

This is possibly true re misinterpreting her interest, but that's why I'm posting here to gather ideas and figure the best possible line to take. I'm not jumping the gun atm and am playing Long game eg. Keeping it as professional as possible.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post

bro, this sounds like the shitiest gig ever. you moved to a different country for this shit?
    It's a seasonal gig, with potential to move up depending on how it goes. I moved over here for the summer to give it a shot because I was unemployed back home.

Load Metric
    Moving to a new country then trying to hook up with your boss has got to be one of the worst decisions you could possibly make.

Thread Information