Thread: Dealer who made huge error on ESPN is back

Load Metric

Dealer who made huge error on ESPN is back

Remember the chick who had her cards pulled into the muck by the idiot dealer at the 2009 WSOP after going all in with AA?

Ever wonder what happened to him? Did he lose his job? Did the WSOP quietly let him go after that inexcusable error on national TV?

HA...yeah right. He's back, this time dealing the WSOP $5K 8-handed televised final table:

Last edited by Moral Fiber; 06-15-2015 at 11:15 AM. Reason: correct date of incident

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Pretty sure I've had him before, though I don't remember much about him.

If I get him again, I will watch him like a hawk.

FYI, the dealing was terrrrrrible at the $3k limit event. I was having to constantly instruct them and help them out. Was actually kinda tilting.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

FYI, the dealing was terrrrrrible at the $3k limit event. I was having to constantly instruct them and help them out. Was actually kinda tilting.
    There was an old male dealer I had in the 1.5k limit hold'em event this year who was ridiculously slow. I had just got to the table and could feel the tension emanating from the players. Then, he just dropped the cards and started telling a story, oblivious to the fact that the clock was ticking! Don't want to rag on all the dealers though, most do a decent job.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Thread racist. And lol at firing this dude because his error is on tv. That would be a little unfair.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Also there is no way that happened in 2014 because I havent watched poker on tv in years.

Also lol at the bitch for not demanding every floorman on the planet until that decision was reversed. The floor was obviously so close to pulling them out of the muck for here but he just examines two cards? That's horrible.

P.S. it doesn't take long to play cards live to realize to hold your cards or put a phone on top or something.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Thread racist. And lol at firing this dude because his error is on tv. That would be a little unfair.
    naww, lets instead put him on a televised wsop final table with over $500K up top...the point is to highlight the complete lack of oversight on the part of WSOP.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Some regular NL players at Caesars AC and Borgata that I frequently played with moved from playing full time to dealing poker, and as noob dealers, they first worked as dealers in big tournament events (WPT and WSOP) until they had enough experience to be hired full time for cash games. So it isn't surprising that some or many tourney dealers are awful.

If you understand this, and expect that newly minted grads of dealer school frequently start their careers dealing in big tournaments, may help players to get less riled up *when* they make mistakes. Because it's not their fault that the tournament management usually throw them into the shark tank of dealing in big tournaments with little or no experience.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Also there is no way that happened in 2014 because I havent watched poker on tv in years.
    Per this source, it happened in 2009.

Load Metric
    there needs to be a way to grade or evaluate the dealers. If the rake paying players are not, then who's job is it?

Load Metric
    If you were wondering who the women is: She is a French TV journalist and presenter. In this vid, she is hosting a show about soccer, with a panel French sports journalists/commentators.

Also, Druff, have you thought of ever having Colonel Fabersham act as an interpretator for a group of French tourists? The dialogue in this clip where Denis elicits "Oui" answers from the panelists about a question might provide some inspiration for such a gig for the good Colonel.

Load Metric
    Just remembered: I've seen experienced dealers do this after a long day of working. And some are working double shifts.

In fact, one did so (mucked unprotected cards) when the player across from him pushed his cards only about a 1/4 inch forward (not even past the betting line) in response to a preflop reraise of his original raise, and lifted his hands up to his face to cover his mouth with them. Within a second, the dealer had swiped his cards into the muck, and this player cried out "What are you doing???" He complained angrily for quite awhile, but the cards were too buried in the muck to identify, and that player said he had pocket aces, was furious. And guess what the floor said? "I'm sorry, sir, but it the responsibility of the players to protect their cards."
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 06-15-2015 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Revise text slightly

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Moral Fiber View Post
    there needs to be a way to grade or evaluate the dealers. If the rake paying players are not, then who's job is it?
    Per dealers I have chatted with, they get written up for screw ups like this, and if they make too many of them within a certain period, are shown the door. But new dealers are given more slack during a probation period. And disappointingly for circuit tournament players, even dealers with a history of too many mistakes are hired part time to deal during those events even though they may have been let go as regulars due to too many gaffs.

Thread Information