Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Springsteen's Music Sucks

Bronze
    Load Metric

Bruce Springsteen's Music Sucks

Does anyone like this fucking guy? Every time I hear one of his shitty songs I just turn it off. I just now realized he has a channel on XM and it is a waste of bandwidth.

I have never got the fandom with this guy. I would not go to any of his concerts even if I were provided with back stage passes. I have never heard any of his song's I would ever want to hear again. I accidentally listened to half of Born to Run today which I guess is supposed to be a classic, it was fucking terrible. I just heard a guy mumbling with screeching guitars in the background.

Born in the USA, lol, gfy bruce.

Comments

big dick: you must have bad taste

Belly Buster: you must have good taste

tyde: holy shit you're such a fucking mongoloid

nunbeater: try listening to the lyrics to born in the usa once. hint: you've got it totally wrong

MumblesBadly: You're not in his target demographic (average intelligence middle class heterosexual American).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Does anyone like this fucking guy? Every time I hear one of his shitty songs I just turn it off. I just now realized he has a channel on XM and it is a waste of bandwidth.

I have never got the fandom with this guy. I would not go to any of his concerts even if I were provided with back stage passes. I have never heard any of his song's I would ever want to hear again. I accidentally listened to half of Born to Run today which I guess is supposed to be a classic, it was fucking terrible. I just heard a guy mumbling with screeching guitars in the background.

Born in the USA, lol, gfy bruce.
    Completely agree.

Load Metric
    GET THEM TONY
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Friends of mine are big Bruce fans and wouldn't stop about how great his concerts were.

After a few years of this we all went to see the Boss in Vancouver and because I was with this couple I didn't leave after the first half hour.

Part of his persona is playing for three hours or so. Knowing this I managed to hang out where "refreshments" were being served and waited it out without puking.

Born in the U.S.A. Great. Decent song in a way, but when you're in Canada playing to a throng of Canadians would it hurt to change the lyrics just a bit, as a nod to your audience?

I bet Sylvester Stallone has a higher I.Q. than Bruce.

Load Metric
    There is only 1 Bruce!!

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Friends of mine are big Bruce fans and wouldn't stop about how great his concerts were.

After a few years of this we all went to see the Boss in Vancouver and because I was with this couple I didn't leave after the first half hour.

Part of his persona is playing for three hours or so. Knowing this I managed to hang out where "refreshments" were being served and waited it out without puking.

Born in the U.S.A. Great. Decent song in a way, but when you're in Canada playing to a throng of Canadians would it hurt to change the lyrics just a bit, as a nod to your audience?

I bet Sylvester Stallone has a higher I.Q. than Bruce.
    A few years ago a guy I knew had tickets to a Bruce concert. Turns out he had an extra ticket. He asked if I wanted to go, knowing how bad Bruce's music sucked, I politely declined. You would have thought I declined the winning lottery numbers by his expression.

For like a week he kept telling me the epic concert I missed and finally I told him I did not give a shit. That was that. Barely heard from him again.

Load Metric
    Really liked Springsteen at one time. The he turned into "The Boss", got popular, tried to churn out hit singles like Born in the USA, and his music went to hell.

But he made a shit pot full of money.

At one time Bruce had a lot of talent.

But then:

Last edited by herbertstemple; 05-21-2015 at 07:21 PM.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Tony secretly plays the air-plunger to "Glory Days"

Load Metric
    Does Springsteen sing the boys are back in town?

Load Metric
    One of the best shows i've ever seen was the BOSS at wrigley.

Comments

thesparten: get a life

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I like some Springsteen songs but I don't understand the major following with him. Like some people have been to 100s of concerts etc..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I remember how weird it was when I found out that Courtney Cox was the girl he pulled up on stage in the Dancing in the Dark video.

At the time I saw the video (I think I was 12), I remarked to my friend, "What's up with this girl's haircut? She looks like a boy."

And then she was one of the sex symbols of the '90s.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    I like some Springsteen songs but I don't understand the major following with him. Like some people have been to 100s of concerts etc..
    i think it's an over 55 age thing and his older music...what the <40 under saw was that stupid dancing in the dark and born in the usa music.

but there was some weird cult thing like bruce was god for some reason. ( due to his older stuff ) most younger generation couldn't understand it..and the music pretty much sucked like lionel richie did in the mid/late 80's..if i hear any of those two songs in addition to all night long and the gay dirty dancing song that was played continuously back in it's day i want to kill somebody.

on a side note. i always liked the who over zed zep...and i agree bruce basically sucks imo
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I remember how weird it was when I found out that Courtney Cox was the girl he pulled up on stage in the Dancing in the Dark video.

At the time I saw the video (I think I was 12), I remarked to my friend, "What's up with this girl's haircut? She looks like a boy."

And then she was one of the sex symbols of the '90s.

And this begat the Carlton dance
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    i think it's an over 55 age thing and his older music...what the <40 under saw was that stupid dancing in the dark and born in the usa music.

but there was some weird cult thing like bruce was god for some reason. ( due to his older stuff ) most younger generation couldn't understand it..and the music pretty much sucked like lionel richie did in the mid/late 80's..if i hear any of those two songs in addition to all night long and the gay dirty dancing song that was played continuously back in it's day i want to kill somebody.

on a side note. i always liked the who over zed zep...and i agree bruce basically sucks imo
    I agree with a lot of what you say here.

Springsteen was just another musician, then he did a tour around '83 I think that was hugely popular. My best friend had never like him, then went to one of his concerts for some reason, said it was the best concert he'd ever seen. His popularity exploded during that tour. He even did some stupid Christmas song, Santa Claus is Coming to Town I think, that was a big hit. To me the whole thing became irritating as hell.

There were some good songs on his first three albums. Wasn't silly or overly commercial. If you don't get it you don't get it. But once he got fame, he became a total sell out.

As far as the under 40 crowd is concerned, can't relate at all. They are just a bunch of children to me. They think a n-word jumping up and down and yelling in their face is music. Not impressed with their musical tastes at all.

Yes, The Who far superior to Led Zeppelin. FWIW, during the 70's the big rivalry was Deep Purple and LZ. Deep Purple also far superior to LZ.

Load Metric
    I will stick up for Bruce. Saw him back in 88 in Oakland and again last year in LA. I am not a huge fan, but he still is entertaining. When my 16 year old son first heard him, his response was: "He can't sing, his voice is terrible." He may be on to something there, but he has written some pretty good songs.

The concert in 88 was an Amnesty Interantional Fundraiser with Peter Gabriel, Roy Orbison and others. Bruce rocked, but Peter Gabriel was absolutely phenomenal. Orbison died later that year. He and Smokey Robinson are the best two male singers I have ever heard live. No one else even close.
    Last edited by Jayjami; 05-22-2015 at 11:55 AM.

Load Metric
    THE BOSS they don't call you THE BOSS because you suck

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    THE BOSS they don't call you THE BOSS because you suck
    Its been my experience that most bosses do suck.

Comments

big dick: haha id have to agree.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric

Don't like a lot of Springsteen but this was ok in the day.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information