Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Identical twins - one fat, one skinny

Platinum
    Load Metric

Identical twins - one fat, one skinny

I find this fascinating for some reason. I mean identical in every way, but separated by a huge amount of weight. Obviously one works out, takes care of themselves and other doesn't give a shit...unless odd medical condition....right? I would think even in that scenario gap wouldn't be that large though. We are talking about a ~60% increase from one to the other.

Just had a run in with one and almost made a fool of myself ( not realizing "identical") until someone gave me the scoop. They just looked like siblings. Would have never guessed identical.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    I find this fascinating for some reason. I mean identical in every way, but separated by a huge amount of weight. Obviously one works out, takes care of themselves and other doesn't give a shit...unless odd medical condition....right? I would think even in that scenario gap wouldn't be that large though. We are talking about a ~60% increase from one to the other.

Just had a run in with one and almost made a fool of myself ( not realizing "identical") until someone gave me the scoop. They just looked like siblings. Would have never guessed identical.
    Yeah, probably a lifestyle thing.

Some people with bad genetics for weight have to put a LOT of effort to be anything but obese.

So you can have one twin who knocks themselves out to keep thin, and the other who just succumbs to the obesity.

The stranger thing to me is that their attitudes toward weight are so markedly different. Genetics also affects your thought process and preferences, so a twin of a person who is naturally obsessed with keeping thin and fit is likely to also feel the same way.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    On the same note, are there any documented cases of identical twins where one is gay and the other straight?

Load Metric
    I don't think this is really that much stranger than any two siblings being different. I'm 5'11 and 140 and I have one brother that's 6'2 220 and one that's 6'1 and 280.

I don't really think much of it. I don't think it's a big deal.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Obviously one works out, takes care of themselves and other doesn't give a shit...unless odd medical condition....right? I would think even in that scenario gap wouldn't be that large though.
    "Muh genetics" fatlogic doesn't work when you have an identical twin. Maybe you could say you caught bovinitis.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    On the same note, are there any documented cases of identical twins where one is gay and the other straight?
    My speech professor at Penn State, who I strongly suspected of being gay, was actually straight and married with 3 kids and had an identical twin brother that was actually gay.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    I don't think this is really that much stranger than any two siblings being different. I'm 5'11 and 140 and I have one brother that's 6'2 220 and one that's 6'1 and 280.

It's actually a big difference, because siblings can have huge genetic differences from one another. Parents, in fact, are closer genetically to you than siblings. Identical twins share the same genetics.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Maybe the fatty is trying to be a plus size model?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    My speech professor at Penn State, who I strongly suspected of being gay, was actually straight and married with 3 kids and had an identical twin brother that was actually gay.
    Then your speech professor was probably gay and forced himself into a straight lifestyle.

I'm talking about a situation where one identical twin is legitimately straight, and the other gay.

Load Metric

It's actually a big difference, because siblings can have huge genetic differences from one another. Parents, in fact, are closer genetically to you than siblings. Identical twins share the same genetics.
    I think using genetics as a weight excuse is the absolute worst excuse.

Comments

SrslySirius: It really is

Load Metric
    My next door neighbor has an identical twin.

They are a lot alike.

I hate both of them.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric

Then your speech professor was probably gay and forced himself into a straight lifestyle.

I'm talking about a situation where one identical twin is legitimately straight, and the other gay.
    I don't know I feel like you're really stretching here. My professor's wife was actually a professor that he had that he started dating the next semester. Was very obviously legitimately straight when we talked about it. Some people are just more effeminate which is why I had that impression of him. Whether your penis works for men or women isn't something you can just switch on or off like to react like his case.

EDIT: Also

“At best genetics is a minor factor,” says Dr. Neil Whitehead, PhD. Whitehead worked for the New Zealand government as a scientific researcher for 24 years, then spent four years working for the United Nations and International Atomic Energy Agency. Most recently, he serves as a consultant to Japanese universities about the effects of radiation exposure. His PhD is in biochemistry and statistics.

Identical twins have the same genes or DNA. They are nurtured in equal prenatal conditions. If homosexuality is caused by genetics or prenatal conditions and one twin is gay, the co-twin should also be gay.

“Because they have identical DNA, it ought to be 100%,” Dr. Whitehead notes. But the studies reveal something else. “If an identical twin has same-sex attraction the chances the co-twin has it are only about 11% for men and 14% for women.”
    http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines...is-not-genetic

Load Metric

I thought I was skinny.......

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post

I was 120 when I graduated college. I gained the 20 pounds realizing people normally eat.

From what I understand PLOL is much skinnier than I am.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post

I was 120 when I graduated college. I gained the 20 pounds realizing people normally eat.

I was really thin when I graduated high school. At the time, I couldn't gain weight even if I tried.

In fact, my metabolism was so high that if I didn't make a conscious effort to consistently eat enough, I would lose weight. During my senior year of high school, I got sick for about 2 weeks and lost 8 pounds. Normally 8 pounds isn't significant, but given how skinny I already was, it was extremely noticeable, and I looked terrible. This bothered me a lot, and I made a major effort that month to put the weight back on.

Between ages 18 and 20, I picked up 20 pounds (just from getting older and metabolism slowing), and I was happy about that.

However, the weight gain continued at about 8 pounds per year until I was about 27, and at that point it became too much, and I wanted to lose weight (but never put the effort out to do so). Then it hung there for about 9 years, until I picked up another 32 pounds between 2009-2012. That's why I set out to lose weight in early 2013.

I didn't make any real changes to my lifestyle. These weight changes just occurred over time, from my body changing due to age.

I know that some people remain skinny forever, though, no matter how old they get or what they eat.

Load Metric

I was really thin when I graduated high school. At the time, I couldn't gain weight even if I tried.

In fact, my metabolism was so high that if I didn't make a conscious effort to consistently eat enough, I would lose weight. During my senior year of high school, I got sick for about 2 weeks and lost 8 pounds. Normally 8 pounds isn't significant, but given how skinny I already was, it was extremely noticeable, and I looked terrible. This bothered me a lot, and I made a major effort that month to put the weight back on.

Between ages 18 and 20, I picked up 20 pounds (just from getting older and metabolism slowing), and I was happy about that.

However, the weight gain continued at about 8 pounds per year until I was about 27, and at that point it became too much, and I wanted to lose weight (but never put the effort out to do so). Then it hung there for about 9 years, until I picked up another 32 pounds between 2009-2012. That's why I set out to lose weight in early 2013.

I didn't make any real changes to my lifestyle. These weight changes just occurred over time, from my body changing due to age.

I know that some people remain skinny forever, though, no matter how old they get or what they eat.
    Yeah I do have a fast metabolism but my problem was just not eating. I would go to school from 8-2, then go to work 3-8, and then study until I passed out. My meals were chips I got on break while at work or a quick burger from Burger King on the way to work.

When I graduated I remember my first day of work I came in people were eating breakfast and I was like oh ok yeah sure I'll eat too. Then noon people are eating lunch and it was like ok I'll eat again. Eventually from that I got where I was suppose to be.

I remember one particular memory is I went to Tokyo on spring break and stayed in a little family run hotel. They took my picture and hung it up on the wall because we got along and went out to dinner and so on. I came back another time and then a third time with my mother. When I was there with my mother the daughter goes "oh you've gained so much weight" and I was like wait a minute I know I'm not fat what is she talking about. She saw the expression on my face and was like "no no no you were practically a skeleton the first time you came here, now you look healthy." She pointed to my picture on the wall and I about shit myself when I realized how underweight I had been.

Load Metric

Yeah I do have a fast metabolism but my problem was just not eating. I would go to school from 8-2, then go to work 3-8, and then study until I passed out. My meals were chips I got on break while at work or a quick burger from Burger King on the way to work.

When I graduated I remember my first day of work I came in people were eating breakfast and I was like oh ok yeah sure I'll eat too. Then noon people are eating lunch and it was like ok I'll eat again. Eventually from that I got where I was suppose to be.

I remember one particular memory is I went to Tokyo on spring break and stayed in a little family run hotel. They took my picture and hung it up on the wall because we got along and went out to dinner and so on. I came back another time and then a third time with my mother. When I was there with my mother the daughter goes "oh you've gained so much weight" and I was like wait a minute I know I'm not fat what is she talking about. She saw the expression on my face and was like "no no no you were practically a skeleton the first time you came here, now you look healthy." She pointed to my picture on the wall and I about shit myself when I realized how underweight I had been.
    Did you not have any friends/family/doctors/teachers/employers/etc?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Did you not have any friends/family/doctors/teachers/employers/etc?
    I just told you I had a job. I hung out with friends on weekends. Weekends were probably the only time I really actually ate so my friends probably just thought "oh he has a fast metabolism".

Load Metric
    There is mounting evidence that fauna within the gut (read bacteria/viruses) can contribute to obesity every bit as much as lifestyle/genetics do.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

i know a hetero black guy who has a gay twin brother

Thread Information