Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DRUFFS BFF VANESSA SELBST WAS ON STEVE HARVEY

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I really do like Vanessa, though.

Glad that she stood up to the P.C. thought police who tried to make her feel guilty for appearing on Harvey's show.

Now, I don't really believe she did this for selfless reasons to promote poker. She likely got paid for her appearance, and this increased her visibility to the general public. But that's exactly what you do when you're in her position -- promote your brand. Nothing wrong with that, and it also does have the side effect of getting the public's mind back on poker.

Still, LOL at having to agree with the viewpoints of the host when invited to appear on a silly poker segment of a national TV show.
    i disagree, vanessa sets herself up as a social justice warrior.

this is the same type of limousine liberal bs that you got on prahlad for
    I don't know, maybe I haven't seen enough of that from her.

I know she is very liberal and likely finished her law degree so she can better fight for her various causes, but I haven't really seen her shoving her views down our throats.

There are a few differences regarding Prahlad. First off, he DID shove his views down our throats any chance he got. He even once made a political speech after winning a tournament (and got booed!) He also refused sponsorships while he was doing well, claiming it was because he couldn't support any corporation. So of course it was the ultimate in hypocrisy when he not only took a corporate shilling job, but he went to work for one of the most dishonest companies ever, which was still directly cheating poker players.

Steve Harvey isn't anything like UB. From what I've seen, he's just an asshole and makes ignorant statements, but beyond that he's not really harming anyone. Or am I missing something here?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Harvey has a strong sphere of influence on the people who wear brightly colored hats to church

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    There are a few differences regarding Prahlad.

Load Metric
    this thing I really dislike about Vanessa (I totally admit that I think she is a great player) is her mannerisms during a hand she is in. She will moan and roll her eyes and act annoying as hell, and when she has to fold to someone, she nags the person to get them to show her a card, and acts like they are a prick if they dont, but heaven forbid someone asks to see one of her cards...she ignores them. I know its all "part of the game" but she is annoying as hell when she pulls this crap.

Thread Information