Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got back from Puerto Rico

Load Metric

Just got back from Puerto Rico

Holy fuck no federal income tax and still in the USA? I stayed at the Ritz Reserve so maybe the rest of the island is a dump . Ironic that the USA closes every loophole possible as quickly as possible but there is a legit way in the USA to almost eliminate your taxes. . Basically, your taxable income is like 4 percent if you are a resident. Granted you have to live there for half the year but jesus that is crazy.

Lol @ Micon picking Vegas for his operation. Puerto Rico would have been a great option if he had to stay in "states."

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: post more rep
    :freelewfather

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Is that the Ritz in San Juan? I've stayed there and loved it. Liked the cockfighting ring across the street (wife wouldn't let me go).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Holy fuck no federal income tax and still in the USA? I stayed at the Ritz Reserve so maybe the rest of the island is a dump . Ironic that the USA closes every loophole possible as quickly as possible but there is a legit way in the USA to almost eliminate your taxes. . Basically, your taxable income is like 4 percent if you are a resident. Granted you have to live there for half the year but jesus that is crazy.

Lol @ Micon picking Vegas for his operation. Puerto Rico would have been a great option if he had to stay in "states."
    after the year and a half, do you have to then stay 6 months and a day each year thereafter?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post

after the year and a half, do you have to then stay 6 months and a day each year thereafter?
    Yes

There is one major problem though.

Income has to be generated inside of Puerto Rico in order to avoid US Taxation.

If you work remotely for a US company you still have to pay income tax.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodpoop View Post
    Is that the Ritz in San Juan? I've stayed there and loved it. Liked the cockfighting ring across the street (wife wouldn't let me go).

It was the Ritz in Dorado Beach which is 45 mins or so away from San Juan in kind of the middle of nowhere which i thought was great.

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Proper...ch/Default.htm

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: 1200 a night to hide out rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    Yes

There is one major problem though.

Income has to be generated inside of Puerto Rico in order to avoid US Taxation.

If you work remotely for a US company you still have to pay income tax.
    Right, but it is super easy to setup a LLC there if you are a consultant or entrepreneur. If you are actually willing to live there it is the best possible break you can get on taxes anywhere in the world as a US citizen.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodpoop View Post

It was the Ritz in Dorado Beach which is 45 mins or so away from San Juan in kind of the middle of nowhere which i thought was great.

those rooms look pretty sick

did you stay in one of the plunge suites?

couldn't find it easily on the site, how much are they going for?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Name:  5253508_f520.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  36.2 KB

Load Metric
    How were the women?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

those rooms look pretty sick

did you stay in one of the plunge suites?

couldn't find it easily on the site, how much are they going for?

Yeah, I had one of those. Was around 1 k a night and that was with a ten day discount rate. My biggest complaint was that they try to rape you on pricing on everything once you are there. For example, trying to charge you 200 dollars for a bottle of rum that you can get for 20 bucks in the store. Also, with tax and the "resort fee" it was another 200 a night. They know it is a pain in the ass for you to leave the resort so they nail you for every little thing . After day 2 I got sick of paying 70 dollars for eggs that I took a car to the grocery store ten minutes out and bought a ton of groceries for around 140 bucks. I still spent the 200 bucks a night for dinner but didnt have to put up with the ridiculous prices for breakfast and lunch. It is the nicest resort I have ever been to, but I think it is a mistake to try to take advantage of your customers who can stay pretty much anywhere to the extent they try to at this place.

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: You should get to rape s

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by backdoorb View Post
    How were the women?

I went with one but I think we were the youngest people there. In fact, I dont think the place was near capacity as I kept seeing the same 20 people over and over again and the place was huge.

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: You should get to rape a local (one time) for these prices.

Load Metric
    Yo c$, you're going to have to hold the L on this one.

The resort looks very nice, but lol @ spending 10 days in Puerto Rico. Secondly, if you're spending 1k a night, why the fuck aren't you spending that money in EUROPE? LOL WHITE PEOPLE... Such fucking Gentiles

I've never been to the Caribbean or any poverty island (Hawaii being the exception) because my parents have class and would rather spend their money in Portugal/Mykonos/Deauville

Comments

YUUP: Bragging about going on holidays with mom and pop lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Yo c$, you're going to have to hold the L on this one.

The resort looks very nice, but lol @ spending 10 days in Puerto Rico. Secondly, if you're spending 1k a night, why the fuck aren't you spending that money in EUROPE? LOL WHITE PEOPLE... Such fucking Gentiles

I've never been to the Caribbean or any poverty island (Hawaii being the exception) because my parents have class and would rather spend their money in Portugal/Mykonos/Deauville

I have been to almost every country in Europe.. Hawaii 5+ times

It wasnt my first choice. Was last minute trip and person I was with lost passport recently so options for sun limited (I hate Florida). Also was on East Coast. The only "real" Puerto Rico I saw was on the way back and forth from airport so I have no idea what the island is like. My agenda was to do nothing for 10 days so it worked out well.

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: dating a felon rep

Load Metric
    C$ is a chill dude but 1k a night is egregious for Puerto Rico IMO. It's his money tho and he has a lot of it

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Of all the people on this site u sometimes seem the least real Coltrane. Your shit is amazing. I know some wealthy ass people and I don't think any of them are up for 1200 a night non-all-inclusive.

Also I checked out the 700 dollar a day option and it said complimentary breakfast. Why are you risking a San Juan Shootout to buy eggs?

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Ok now I see the 974 option has no free food. I assumed if the cheapest option did...

Whatever though. I think I'd have to be 5 mill plus, or terminally ill, or expect a ww3 world ending financial crisis to ever shell out like this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Of all the people on this site u sometimes seem the least real Coltrane. Your shit is amazing. I know some wealthy ass people and I don't think any of them are up for 1200 a night non-all-inclusive.

Also I checked out the 700 dollar a day option and it said complimentary breakfast. Why are you risking a San Juan Shootout to buy eggs?
    Crime wise I am guessing where I was in Dorado Beach is a lot different than San Juan. You make a good point. I dont know why I didnt just pay the extra and get it included.I guess i am just weird like that. I feel like most high end resorts make every meal over the top.. A lot of the times the only options was their buffets which I absolutely hate or some crazy 10 egg fluffed omlet that was baked. I am perfectly fine with Oatmeal for breakfast and a simple sandwich for lunch and then go for nice dinner.

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: biggest baller on site with simple needs rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Ok now I see the 974 option has no free food. I assumed if the cheapest option did...

Whatever though. I think I'd have to be 5 mill plus, or terminally ill, or expect a ww3 world ending financial crisis to ever shell out like this.

yeah, that was the most I ever paid for a hotel. Was it worth it? I think it was. However, if I did it again it would have to be somewhere more exotic like Thailand or something. It did put my degem Vegas trips in perspective, as I have gotten murdered for way more in Vegas and I never really got anything our of it except for some larger version of a cookie cutter room and some other stupid perks that are meaningless.

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: just realized I lost well over 1 k a night averaged out last summer and all i got was more angry. Now I feel dumb rep

Load Metric
    cmoney is God. Can't wait for the trip report from Antigua.

Load Metric
    recommend COSTCO travel for package deals BTW. you can upgrade to first class air for very little, plenty of nice looking resorts, you can upgrade rooms, and prices are suspiciously cheap yet seem to deliver. I wish I knew these islands and Mexico towns better as there are so many choices and on paper they all look about the same. you can get 4 people to a nice looking resort in june for 2-3k to most places in mexico. I assume its blasting hot in June, but we went on spring break and it was still pretty cheap.

Thread Information