Load Metric

UFC 159 - Jones vs Sonnen

Main card

Jon Jones vs. Chael Sonnen
    Michael Bisping vs. Alan Belcher
    Roy Nelson vs. Cheick Kongo
    Phil Davis vs. Vinny Magalhaes
    Jim Miller vs. Pat Healy

I don't know if it's just wishful thinking or what, but I like Chael's chances of beating Bones. I feel like Jones witnessing Chael's amazingness in TUF 17 is going to fuck with his head, and I also like Chael's wrestling and constant attacking style vs Jones. I don't think Jones has fought someone who wasn't already mentally beaten in awhile either.

I rarely bet on sports, but Bovada has Chael as +500 - Am I crazy to think he's got a shot and to drop a few dimes on Chael here?
    http://sports.bovada.lv/sports-betti...rtial-arts.jsp

I also like Mark Hunt at +270 vs dos Santos in UFC 160.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Going to prolly buy tix last minute for this.

I think Chael has to win a match soon or else he is gonna turn into another Matt Hughes. Miller and Vinny are locks tho.

Load Metric
    Jones is a mental midget but his size and skill advantage over Sonnen is so total that no longshot odds are worth it.

Im rooting for Sonnen because fuck Jones but it would be so utterly shocking and enjoyable to see Jones get grapplefucked that any mount of monetary profit would be irrelevant.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Jones is a mental midget but his size and skill advantage over Sonnen is so total that no longshot odds are worth it.

Im rooting for Sonnen because fuck Jones but it would be so utterly shocking and enjoyable to see Jones get grapplefucked that any mount of monetary profit would be irrelevant.

I thought everyone stopped taking Sonnen's comments seriously about 8 months ago. I don;t even think sonnen believes a quarter of the shit he says anymore.

Load Metric
    Sonnen is a weird one to try to get a read on... his weird real estate history.. the felonies.. the foray into republican politics.. he beat the piss out of the greatest mixed martial artist in history for 24 minutes then lost.. he cant even open a pizza parlor without being sued.

Then he lines up what may be the biggest payday of his waning career against the most mentally fragile fighter in the sport since Vitor Belfort's first retirement and inexplicably stops trash talking.

And yet, I want to see how he does at LHW. Henderson, Shogun, Belfort.. those are all potentially exciting, competitive fights, even in his diminished state.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Jon Jones, all day...

Kongo vs. Nelson is interesting

One year Roy Nelson may show up slim and k.o some people, if not hes still not the worse fighter to watch and Kongo can win this at +180 imo. One lazy punch in MMA and down the toilet it goes.
    Last edited by garrett; 04-21-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Kongo vs. Nelson

Load Metric
    I actually really like Cheick Kongo at +185. Will be loading up

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    I can`t see Kongo beating Nelson. I mean Mark Hunt KO`d Kongo & Nelson is almost the same fighter but with a ground game.

Nelson may tire, that`s his only chance. Kongo`s last good performance was against Barry almost 2 years ago & he`s no world beater. Ref could have stopped that fight when Barry looked like he had him KO`d & nobody would have complained.

Nelson all the way.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    also how great does Behind the Candelabra look?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    I can`t see Kongo beating Nelson. I mean Mark Hunt KO`d Kongo & Nelson is almost the same fighter but with a ground game.

i just... i cant...

Load Metric
    I've been reading Jimmy Quinlan's (BJJ/wrestler from TUF 17) AMA on reddit today, and he fully believes Sonnen is the favorite over Jones. He may be a bit biased since he's a wrestler and Chael was his coach, but I'll go with that on a +500 bet.

Also, apparently Jones never wore the Sonnen Jersey to his teams training after losing the bowling bet, makes me hate the douche even more.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments...om_tuf_17_ama/

"[–]buffpriest 8 points 8 hours ago
    Who do you think will win between Chael and jones. And how do you think it will happen.
    Ps. Plz give a somewhat definitive answer

[–]JQCrash25[S] 15 points 6 hours ago
    I think Chael or Jon could win depending on who hits who more and establishes their own game plan better.. whichever guy taps first will probably lose ..
    jk.. I think Chael is the favorite in my eyes... Jon is incredible gifted as an athlete but I think Chael wil be able to smother Jon and use his dirty boeing and takedowns to wear down the champ.. I'm expecting the fight to look like a Randy Couture type fight.. Jon could catch Chael at anytime with a crazy spinning limb shot though so its interesting but I definitely see chael as the favorite"

Load Metric

i just... i cant...
    So, I assume you`re saying you think Kongo has the game to beat Nelson. Please elaborate, it`s what is done in an adult discussion.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

i just... i cant...
    So, I assume you`re saying you think Kongo has the game to beat Nelson. Please elaborate, it`s what is done in an adult discussion.
    Think he is saying that Hunt and Nelson are very different fighters (nelson standup not like hunt).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Going to prolly buy tix last minute for this.

I think Chael has to win a match soon or else he is gonna turn into another Matt Hughes. Miller and Vinny are locks tho.

where and when is this?

I wanna go
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric

i just... i cant...

You havent done your homework on Hunt. Like, by miles. By thousands and thousands of miles. You just said a K1 grand prix champion strikes like Roy Nelson and you need to never say things like that because its important, thats why. Because reality matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAPedophile View Post
    I've been reading Jimmy Quinlan's (BJJ/wrestler from TUF 17) AMA on reddit today, and he fully believes Sonnen is the favorite over Jones. He may be a bit biased since he's a wrestler and Chael was his coach, but I'll go with that on a +500 bet.

Also, apparently Jones never wore the Sonnen Jersey to his teams training after losing the bowling bet, makes me hate the douche even more.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments...om_tuf_17_ama/

"[–]buffpriest 8 points 8 hours ago
    Who do you think will win between Chael and jones. And how do you think it will happen.
    Ps. Plz give a somewhat definitive answer

[–]JQCrash25[S] 15 points 6 hours ago
    I think Chael or Jon could win depending on who hits who more and establishes their own game plan better.. whichever guy taps first will probably lose ..
    jk.. I think Chael is the favorite in my eyes... Jon is incredible gifted as an athlete but I think Chael wil be able to smother Jon and use his dirty boeing and takedowns to wear down the champ.. I'm expecting the fight to look like a Randy Couture type fight.. Jon could catch Chael at anytime with a crazy spinning limb shot though so its interesting but I definitely see chael as the favorite"

It didnt work against a healthy Silva, its not going to work against Jones. Id truly love to be wrong here but Im not.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

Think he is saying that Hunt and Nelson are very different fighters (nelson standup not like hunt).
    No,he`s trying to be a dick again. Of course he`s allowed to make a retarded comment claiming Jones to be a mental midget when he`s never been beaten & became the champion at a really young age without much experience. Which match did he show his mental inadequacies in, was it the Rua fight when he only beat him up for 3+ rounds before finishing him. Maybe it was the Belfort fight when he was almost submitted before submitting Belfort in the third round with one arm. Sure sounds like someone that`s not mentally strong but I`m sure he is because sonatine said so. I guess I should prepare to be ripped a new asshole because I disagree with something sonatine posted.

When I say they`re the same fighter I mean they are comparatively slow, heavy-handed with granite chins that will eat one to deliver a bigger one. Didn`t think that needed a long winded explanation but apparently it did. Although Nelson started out as a high level BBJ fighter he now prefers to stand with everybody, looking for a big overhand right, just like Hunt, who`s looking for the big left hook, except Hunt is at a big disadvantage against almost everyone on the mat. Kongo seems to get caught by big punchers & I think he will against Nelson. Anybody can disagree but at least discuss it like an adult.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

No,he`s trying to be a dick again. Of course he`s allowed to make a retarded comment claiming Jones to be a mental midget when he`s never been beaten & became the champion at a really young age without much experience. Which match did he show his mental inadequacies in, was it the Rua fight when he only beat him up for 3+ rounds before finishing him. Maybe it was the Belfort fight when he was almost submitted before submitting Belfort in the third round with one arm. Sure sounds like someone that`s not mentally strong but I`m sure he is because sonatine said so. I guess I should prepare to be ripped a new asshole because I disagree with something sonatine posted.

When I say they`re the same fighter I mean they are comparatively slow, heavy-handed with granite chins that will eat one to deliver a bigger one. Didn`t think that needed a long winded explanation but apparently it did. Although Nelson started out as a high level BBJ fighter he now prefers to stand with everybody, looking for a big overhand right, just like Hunt, who`s looking for the big left hook, except Hunt is at a big disadvantage against almost everyone on the mat. Kongo seems to get caught by big punchers & I think he will against Nelson. Anybody can disagree but at least discuss it like an adult.

Youre making shit up, whats the discussion potential here exactly?

Mark Hunt is of the absolute best pedigree for striking available. Oh yeah and he was a cunt hair away from keylocking Fedor.

Your name is Hockey Guy. If I rolled into a hockey thread and was like WAYNE GRETZKI IS THE WORST GOALIE IN THE GAME would you be like "Oh wow lets have a civil discussion, because I think your analysis if off!"?

Just thinking about what you said about Hunt and Nelson having anything in common in terms of their striking is making me sick and feverish. Its toxic stupidity wrapped in an afterbirth of narcissism and sloth.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So many lopsided fights lately lines suck for most of them.

Load Metric

Youre making shit up, whats the discussion potential here exactly?

Mark Hunt is of the absolute best pedigree for striking available. Oh yeah and he was a cunt hair away from keylocking Fedor.

Your name is Hockey Guy. If I rolled into a hockey thread and was like WAYNE GRETZKI IS THE WORST GOALIE IN THE GAME would you be like "Oh wow lets have a civil discussion, because I think your analysis if off!"?

Just thinking about what you said about Hunt and Nelson having anything in common in terms of their striking is making me sick and feverish. Its toxic stupidity wrapped in an afterbirth of narcissism and sloth.
    Whatever. Like I meant they strike exactly the same way. You probably think I meant they were also both from Samoa & both fight with large beards. They will have the same gameplan against Kongo & the tools to pull it off though IMO. Basically all I was trying to say but you have to make sure you discredit anyone that posts in the MMA threads. I guess it`s just your nature.

You sound like a serious butthurt Hunt fanboy. Get over it. BTW if you said something about hockey I didn`t agree with I would avoid being a condescending asshole to them. Look through all my posts, I`m almost never a condescending asshole like you. You seem to do it on a daily basis to somebody & I fully expect I`ll now be on your troll before reading list.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Thread Information