Thread: Daredevil (on Netflix): Yay or nay?

Daredevil (on Netflix): Yay or nay?

I usually despise any and all things from the superhero genre, but someone I kind of trust with recommendations gave this series a rave review.

Any thoughts? Good, neutral, bad?

I'm currently halfway through season 1 of Peaky Blinders; pretty good but not great. Looking for something else current besides GoT, Mad Men.

It's everything that Arrow, Flash, Gotham, et al. try and fail to be. It's fucking great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Take someone like garrett, for example. A lot of people here don't like him, but he also makes a lot of quality posts here.
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but jsearles can actually be a good poster when he tries to be good.
    I thought BGC had a lot of good and funny posts
    In splitthis' case, she's also a longtime member of this community, and has no history of harassing or threatening people in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    It's everything that Arrow, Flash, Gotham, et al. try and fail to be. It's fucking great.
    Sounds good, I'll give it a go. I tried Gotham as I do like Batman things but thought it was awful.

Thanks!

Name:  swift1.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  20.5 KB

Started a bit slow, and fizzled out a bit at the end. But the rest is really good.

I'd say a very good show falling just short of great, 8.5/10 overall.

Also the guy playing DD not being able to do proper American accent gets tilting at times.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Daredevil Daredevil rep

that taylor swift picture is fugazi as fuck

The end of the season did feel a bit rushed, but not sloppily so.

I didn't notice anything odd about Murdock's accent. I had no idea the actor isn't American. Did you already know beforehand?
    Take someone like garrett, for example. A lot of people here don't like him, but he also makes a lot of quality posts here.
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but jsearles can actually be a good poster when he tries to be good.
    I thought BGC had a lot of good and funny posts
    In splitthis' case, she's also a longtime member of this community, and has no history of harassing or threatening people in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    The end of the season did feel a bit rushed, but not sloppily so.

I didn't notice anything odd about Murdock's accent. I had no idea the actor isn't American. Did you already know beforehand?
    I wasn't sure, he was on Boardwalk and played an Irish guy but I wasn't sure if he was putting on the Irish accent or not. Now obviously I know he wasn't.

Also, I don't want to get too specific and spoil it for anyone. But I'll just say there's a scene in one of the later episodes that never gets explained. Really sloppy on that one.

I liked it. It does start a bit slow though. At first, I wasn't sure D'Onofrio could pull off playing the Kingpin but I like the way he progressed the character.

It was pretty legit. A few holes in the story, and at times a bit slow... but def worth it. Also, marco polo is legit too, check it out

Thread Information