Thread: Number of Legitimate Patriots Championships Holding Steady at Zero

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeBet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Daily Show:

"Your face, your beautiful face, is a wonder of symmetry, a platonic ideal of beauty that can survive even in the stupidest of haircuts

Did you walk in, how you doin' today Sal? Gimmie the Something About Mary."

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/gu...nings-playbook

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Yeah, yeah there is a suspension coming. What is more fascinating to me is the process. Goodell/NFL drop the Wells report after draft day. 103 days later, lol. Keep NFL in the public psyche 365 days a year.

Good guys v bad guys and storylines. It's the WWE.

Now they leak/float the story about suspension to gauge public sentiment and conversation before making a decision.

Patriots decide not to raise banner opening day. I would love this. Just piss on the importance of Super Bowl.

Of course, there is ratings and TV money to consider. Clearly no Brady means a decline. Love him or hate him... people tune in. Not so much with the backup QB.

Thus, 1 game suspension. Maybe, maybe.

Too much bullshit & showbiz in NFL. All Allyssa Milano & fantasy offense numbers.

Load Metric
    Allyssa Milano=one of my all time favorites

fuck the pats

Load Metric
    Name:  11207369_10206775858372250_3204025343463686277_n.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  64.2 KB

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=SrslySirius;360014]lol at these texts between the Pats locker room attendant (McNally) and equipment assistant (Jastremski):

What the fuck? This is evidence? I dont see any evidence of deflation, All I see are two guys who think Tom Brady is a dick threatening to make the ball over inflated! Haters gonna hate!

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Yeah, yeah there is a suspension coming. What is more fascinating to me is the process. Goodell/NFL drop the Wells report after draft day. 103 days later, lol. Keep NFL in the public psyche 365 days a year.

Good guys v bad guys and storylines. It's the WWE.

Now they leak/float the story about suspension to gauge public sentiment and conversation before making a decision.

Patriots decide not to raise banner opening day. I would love this. Just piss on the importance of Super Bowl.

Of course, there is ratings and TV money to consider. Clearly no Brady means a decline. Love him or hate him... people tune in. Not so much with the backup QB.

Thus, 1 game suspension. Maybe, maybe.

Too much bullshit & showbiz in NFL. All Allyssa Milano & fantasy offense numbers.
    A suspension would be ridiculous There is no compelling evidence of any wrong doing. More probable than not would not even get you an indictment in the proper legal system. All this Brady bashing is stupid.

Load Metric
    Obviously Brady liked the ball a bit deflated and knew. That was obvious back then.

Still, it's a completely retarded rule. The fucking refs handle the ball after every single play. If one of those assholes can't give it a squeeze and notice a demonstrable deflation, it's not worthy of a silly rule. It's retarded to give the teams their own balls to fix up in the first place, but if you do, they're clearly going to work them up to their liking. The only enforcement should be the refs on the field. If they can't notice it, it's largely insignificant in degree. More psychological than actual advantage as demonstrated by his equal and better numbers after they inflated them.

If the NFL wasn't so fucking cheap they'd have hired full time refs rather than guys who worked it as a second job. They might have hired a few full timers after the last labor dispute, but all the orthodontists and other guys are still grandfathered in. It's not like the league makes billions. I'm no Pats fan, but the whole story is nonsensical. If you're not closely monitoring something, guys are going to dabble in the edges of legality or slightly over. I can feel if a ball is significantly deflated in one second. If these guys handling it every play can't, then it's so small as to be a non-story imo.

Theoretically, he broke rules. If you want to fine him a few dollars so be it. He can certainly afford it. Let him play and send his first two or four checks to charity. Just come to a resolution and shut the fuck up about it. The ball could have been filled with 10lbs of concrete and he still would have shredded the Colts.

I don't doubt the pats are generally dirty. I also don't doubt the first four of my Steeler SB wins were largely a result of them being ahead of the curve in terms of PED's in the 70s. Guys all over were experimenting with them, but those Steeler offensive lines were like Soviet-bloc Olympic power lifters. Way more organized at cheating than the randoms. I try to be a realist rather than a homer. And sorry Tony, the Hawks are on that wagon big time also. It's obvious when you see their guys get larger and faster and more aggressive than their previous career trajectory suggest possible. The league has always been ruled by guys pushing the edges. Same as any other industry.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Obviously Brady liked the ball a bit deflated and knew. That was obvious back then.

Still, it's a completely retarded rule. The fucking refs handle the ball after every single play. If one of those assholes can't give it a squeeze and notice a demonstrable deflation, it's not worthy of a silly rule. It's retarded to give the teams their own balls to fix up in the first place, but if you do, they're clearly going to work them up to their liking. The only enforcement should be the refs on the field. If they can't notice it, it's largely insignificant in degree. More psychological than actual advantage as demonstrated by his equal and better numbers after they inflated them.

If the NFL wasn't so fucking cheap they'd have hired full time refs rather than guys who worked it as a second job. They might have hired a few full timers after the last labor dispute, but all the orthodontists and other guys are still grandfathered in. It's not like the league makes billions. I'm no Pats fan, but the whole story is nonsensical. If you're not closely monitoring something, guys are going to dabble in the edges of legality or slightly over. I can feel if a ball is significantly deflated in one second. If these guys handling it every play can't, then it's so small as to be a non-story imo.

Theoretically, he broke rules. If you want to fine him a few dollars so be it. He can certainly afford it. Let him play and send his first two or four checks to charity. Just come to a resolution and shut the fuck up about it. The ball could have been filled with 10lbs of concrete and he still would have shredded the Colts.

I don't doubt the pats are generally dirty. I also don't doubt the first four of my Steeler SB wins were largely a result of them being ahead of the curve in terms of PED's in the 70s. Guys all over were experimenting with them, but those Steeler offensive lines were like Soviet-bloc Olympic power lifters. Way more organized at cheating than the randoms. I try to be a realist rather than a homer.band sorry Tony, the Hawks are on that wagon big time also. It's obvious when you see their guys get larger and faster and more aggressive than their previous career trajectory suggest possible. The league has always been ruled by guys pushing the edges. Same as any other industry.
    Rumor is suspension up to 8 games. Would not be surprised if it gets wiped out or severely brought down on an appeal.

Load Metric
    If that back-up is as decent as they say, it's almost a break to give Brady all that time to stay healthy given his advancing age. Go .500, keep Gronk healthy, and it's all about the playoffs anyway. He'll come back, go 6-2, and they'll still win that division.

I think that with any aging player in the NFL or NBA. I wish the Cavs would tell Lebron to sit on the beach for the first 40 games every year rather than waste him playing a few thousand minutes in an Eastern Confeence where 38 wins get you in. Once the playoffs roll around, it's all about being as healthy as possible. If he sat the first 40 games and came in as the 8th seed against the Hawks, they'd still be the Vegas chalk to go to the finals. I think all these coaches waste these guys prime killing them with worthless regular season mileage. If Pops coached like Thibs, Duncan would have been out of the league 4 years ago. At least Love got hurt in first quarter of a playoff game. Had he got hurt in the last week against some garbage team I'd want to kill someone.

The NFL has a little less margin for error, but if they can split the first 8, they'll be better off for him having the break.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: in support of the Roger Clemens treatment; 1/2 season beach, 1/2 season play

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If Brady never wins another ring you will have stupid people who blame it on his edge with deflated footballs and not the fact he will be 38 years old when the next season starts.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    If that back-up is as decent as they say, it's almost a break to give Brady all that time to stay healthy given his advancing age. Go .500, keep Gronk healthy, and it's all about the playoffs anyway. He'll come back, go 6-2, and they'll still win that division.

I think that with any aging player in the NFL or NBA. I wish the Cavs would tell Lebron to sit on the beach for the first 40 games every year rather than waste him playing a few thousand minutes in an Eastern Confeence where 38 wins get you in. Once the playoffs roll around, it's all about being as healthy as possible. If he sat the first 40 games and came in as the 8th seed against the Hawks, they'd still be the Vegas chalk to go to the finals. I think all these coaches waste these guys prime killing them with worthless regular season mileage. If Pops coached like Thibs, Duncan would have been out of the league 4 years ago. At least Love got hurt in first quarter of a playoff game. Had he got hurt in the last week against some garbage team I'd want to kill someone.
    I think lack of job security for coaches results in a lot of poor (or at least suboptimal) decision making and creates conflicts of interest. NFL coaches are gutless on 4th down, not necessarily because they're oblivious to analytics, but because they can't withstand criticism and media/fans are ignorant and results oriented. Long term decisions like extending the shelf life of star players directly conflicts with the "win now" pressure most coaches face.

I think this probably happens a lot with GMs as well. Guys on the hotseat don't have any incentive to build a team for long term success. They need immediate results. Maybe that's why Millen drafted so many WRs.

Obviously guys like Popovich and Belichick are exceptions and can do what they want.

That said, even if it's +EV to sit a superstar for half the season, that interest also conflicts with selling tickets. Maybe there are some things more important than winning.

Comments

smithbk: I had no idea Thomas!probably because I'm not here during the football season

Platinum
    Load Metric
    For all the "no big deal'ers" I direct you to this feed, @SharpFootball. He only wrote about 5 10,000 word articles exposing the powerball type "luck" the Pats enjoyed. Nate Silver ran the numbers and agrees with him, and it is the most thorough example of just how much an advantage it was. For 7 YEARS.

Go ahead and read how right around 2007 the Patriots pretty much stopped fumbling the football. The same year that McNally was hired. The same year after they changed ball prep rules. To say this is no big deal, or to say it didn't help is utterly ridiciculous.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    For all the "no big deal'ers" I direct you to this feed, @SharpFootball. He only wrote about 5 10,000 word articles exposing the powerball type "luck" the Pats enjoyed. Nate Silver ran the numbers and agrees with him, and it is the most thorough example of just how much an advantage it was. For 7 YEARS.

Go ahead and read how right around 2007 the Patriots pretty much stopped fumbling the football. The same year that McNally was hired. The same year after they changed ball prep rules. To say this is no big deal, or to say it didn't help is utterly ridiciculous.
    Counterpoint: http://regressing.deadspin.com/why-t...mos-1681805710

tl;dr: He fucks with the Y-axis to exaggerate the effect (among other disingenuous methods). That's kind of a no-no.

It surely does make a difference, but not as huge of one as he's making it out to be. They're tops in the league in terms of carries per fumble since '07, but it's not some impossible anomaly. They haven't pretty much stopped fumbling the football.

Load Metric
    This is just like spygate all over again.

Tons of Faux outrage on ESPN and Twitter. Then you start to ask some ex-players and coaches about it and they are 50/50 on the matter. Then you talk to actual people who are in the league and they are walking away backwards with their hands up from the microphone. You got a half dozen QB's who are on the record as saying the like the footballs doctored up inflated/deflated. You got the Vikings on a nationally televised game holding up footballs under heaters (100% Illegal per the same rule). You got a published manual created by the NFL, who thought so highly of the offense of doctoring a football, that they state the punishment will be $25,000.

Spy gate was the same thing. Faux outrage but you got Jimmy Johnson on national TV saying the whole league was doing it.

If this was the Vikings it's a non story.

Load Metric
    Surprising to see year-long and even 6-8 game suspensions possible. I assumed it would be 2 or, at the most, 4 games, and still do. Although, the way the league has been handing out huge suspensions lately, I guess anythings possible, but it would be surprising given the fact that Goddell is constantly gargling on Robert Kraft's nuts.

Load Metric
    Maybe Goodell will just say Brady was so eager to show off his great QB skills he made several poor decisions where he lied and cheated, but wasn't really trying to roll anyone, so it's all ok.

Comments

adamantium: ZING

Daredevil: LOL

Sloppy Joe: BOOM
    Last edited by vegas1369; 05-10-2015 at 11:01 AM.

Load Metric
    4 game suspension
    1 mil in team fines
    2 lost draft picks (1 of them, a 1st rounder)

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 355
Size:  419.3 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    4 game suspension
    1 mil in team fines
    2 lost draft picks (1 of them, a 1st rounder)

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 355
Size:  419.3 KB

i would quit the game

fuck the nfl

Comments

big dick: quit being a homo while you're at it

Thread Information