Thread: Hopefully a Great New Forum

Load Metric

Hopefully a Great New Forum

I think Todd has stumbled onto a great niche for his forum. These scandals & shadiness are very interesting to read about & is probably a good way to gather new information to out these scammers. Here are my hopes for this forum:

1) Hopefully this forum won't get so big that every topic becomes a 600 page fiasco that gets so far off topic that there is no real sense in reading it. As for linking to a massive thread from 2+2, don't do it. If you do, at least provide cliffs.

2) Hopefully not all the idiots from your previous endeavor will follow you here & post their stupidity. Some already have but as long as they behave you should be fine. If not, then ban them. If everybody had the same opinion on everything this world would be a very boring place. It's one thing to have a different opinion but an entirely different thing to personally attack & troll someone because they don't share your opinion on something. If the fight stayed in that topic, that would be fine but why follow them to every post for eternity? It gets real old after awhile & is one of the reason I never registered an account @ DD although I browsed it for the past number of years.

3) Hopefully Todd will finally get more widespread acceptance as a voice of reason within the poker community. I have always respected his opinions about a lot of topics as well as his exposing the scammers but he was never going to get taken seriously as long as he was associated with DD. I didn't agree with everything, but I certainly respected him for putting it out there in a well thought out & intelligent manner.

4) Hopefully there will be a lot of fun mixed in with some intelligent content. Some of the funniest stuff on the other site was when someone came up with a new & creative way to diss somebody whether it be a great photo-shop or gif. Even the guy getting dissed would get a chuckle & have to admit it was a good one. It doesn't take much intelligence to continually post the same pictures over & over again or tell them to go kill themselves even if they deserve it. Everybody, including obvious intelligent posters, slipped to the lowest common denominator & this can never be good. Hopefully this does not happen here.

5) Hopefully Todd can resist the urge himself to slip to this lowest common denominator. You don't always have to get into a pissing match over insignificant crap. Most of the time they are just trying to get a rise out of you & see how far they can push you. If they follow you from thread to thread while you are ignoring them, then ban them. You're the boss here & everyone has to abide by your rules. That being said, you still have to be reasonable & I'm sure you will be. Just don't let your past prejudices get in the way. You'd be surprised how some of the posters you absolutely hated can be very productive contributors given the chance & not given the opportunity to gravitate to the bottom of the barrel.

Good luck with your forum Todd.

Comments

anchordraw: best advice in the history or poker forums. Unfortunatly, everything you recommended was ignored, but still, great post.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    You managed to start every single bullet point with "hopefully". Not sure if you noticed...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    You managed to start every single bullet point with "hopefully". Not sure if you noticed...
    Pretty obviously intentional, lol. He also started the thread name with it.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post

its fucking mind boggling how dumb you are

Thread Information