View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. A year passes by...

A whole year has passed since I dusted off the computer and shared my poker experiences with the community. The main reason I haven't chose to share is simple, bad play. It's easy to write when you're winning but damn near impossible to recap your losses when you have no financial reason to share your downfall.

After a quick and disappointing Colossus at the 2016 World Series of Poker ( QQ<KK ) I came back to California with no desire to play poker at a competitive level. I played ...
  2. Just WIN (With a quote from Scott Davies 2014 WSOP APAC Main Event champion)

Big or small, tournament victories are hard to come by. Winning makes all the difference. Long hours at the computer screen or at the felt can seem pointless without the victory. Being the last player left in a tournament is the best feeling ever, it means no ones skill or luck could overcome you that day.

Name:  1st place.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  170.7 KB

These two weeks back at the grind have pretty tough but I have shown some profit. I played 15 tournaments, made 6 final tables, I got a 5th, ...

Updated 11-05-2014 at 06:24 PM by jacosta24

Categories
    Poker
  3. Welcome BACK

I'm back!!! Sorry for the wait, I've just been distracted by life. Exhaustion, work, and a crappy social life has been taking up most of my time. I've been very distracted and my game has definitely suffered. I lost 80% of my online bankroll by taking shots in bigger games and playing when not feeling 100%. I totally tilted and strayed away from my profitable hyperaggressive style.

The huge swings in the higher buy- in tournaments caught up to me and ate my bankroll up, but I did ...
  4. PROFIT

The number one reason I play poker for is profit. Donít get me wrong I have fun playing poker but Iíd rather be on the beach sipping a Corona, with a pretty senorita by my side than at the poker tables grinding my ass off. When it all comes down to it poker is work and if you not mentality and physically ready to work chances are your going to fail or not be as successful as someone that gives there all to there craft. People that have dreams of becoming a professional poker player must remember ...
  5. Bitter SWEET

Last weeks blog was all about running hot, this weeks is blog is similar but has a different tune. Overconfidence was my number one problem this week. Without a doubt I had some wicked bad beats (nothing new) but I seen myself constantly putting money in the pot in situations where airing to the side of caution was the optimal play. Lack of patience was my second problem, this week I found myself a couple times with a favorable chip stack only to give it up by getting myself in trouble by playing ...
    Categories
    Poker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast