Blog Comments

Additional Video
    Thanks for your kind words. It was interesting that Kreskin and Uston shared the same birthday and were born on the same year!
    Updated 04-09-2023 at 10:50 AM by JSTAT
    Interesting post but I hope now you're aware that Kreskin is just a clever stage magician. He doesn't have any psychic powers and I doubt his ability to memorise a deck is better than a random card counter.

While googling Kreskin to see if he was still alive (he is) I noticed his date of birth was 12 January 1935. I knew Ken Uston died a long time ago but when I checked the date I found a staggering coincidence. He was also born on 12 January 1935.

Because I have a somewhat suspicious cast of mind my next step was to check the history of the Wikipedia pages to see if either date had been altered recently ... they hadn't been. Multiple online sources confirm that both the men you mention were born on the same day!
    Was Vin Scully narrating this video? Druff or anybody?

Updated 02-02-2023 at 06:52 PM by JSTAT
    John Scarne's hands are in place of Paul Newman'shuffle
    Additional info
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrink
    Thanks for this blog. I noticed you have videos about "baccarat card counting" (e.g., https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuZzTSAWRlM) Can you explain how card counting in baccarat works?
    Thanks Shrink! Here is a video I did which explains the JSTAT Count with a side count of 8/9's for baccarat. This same count can be used for blackjack. Maybe a future blog is in store for baccarat to give the basics.

Thanks for this blog. I noticed you have videos about "baccarat card counting" (e.g., https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuZzTSAWRlM) Can you explain how card counting in baccarat works?
    Good stuff Patriotaki! OPA!