View RSS Feed

jacosta24

1. PROFIT

The number one reason I play poker for is profit. Don’t get me wrong I have fun playing poker but I’d rather be on the beach sipping a Corona, with a pretty senorita by my side than at the poker tables grinding my ass off. When it all comes down to it poker is work and if you not mentality and physically ready to work chances are your going to fail or not be as successful as someone that gives there all to there craft. People that have dreams of becoming a professional poker player must remember ...
    Categories
    Poker
  2. Bitter SWEET

Last weeks blog was all about running hot, this weeks is blog is similar but has a different tune. Overconfidence was my number one problem this week. Without a doubt I had some wicked bad beats (nothing new) but I seen myself constantly putting money in the pot in situations where airing to the side of caution was the optimal play. Lack of patience was my second problem, this week I found myself a couple times with a favorable chip stack only to give it up by getting myself in trouble by playing ...
    Categories
    Poker
  3. Running HOT

I’m having a great week playing tournaments, I’m so close to getting even online I can taste it. Playing my aggressive, raise with anything in position style has proven to be much more valuable than my prior tight ABC approach. I can’t picture myself ever getting away from this style. Raise after, raise makes your opponents easy to manipulate and easier to read. At the same time it’s easier for them to play back at you so at times I use “controlled aggression” and it shows with my multiple cashes ...
    Categories
    Poker
  4. Monkey cash

Analysis of my poker playing skill through my Poker Manager app has shown me my cash game win rate is significant lower than my tournament win rate so naturally I’ve kept a distance from cash games. Lately I’ve been running bad in tournaments, something like the 0-15 in 12 days so I decided to try something different. My bread and butter are low stake tournaments but with running and playing so bad I’ve been strictly playing freerolls, bad thing is they run every two hours. I’ve been trying my hardest ...

Updated 06-19-2017 at 10:54 PM by jacosta24

Categories
    Poker
  5. Jermain the donkey

I suck. Well not really, I’m kind of running bad and this new super aggressive style that I’m playing is causing me to swing more wildly. I’m not going to make excuses for myself, losing has made me play like an idiot and I’ve resorted to making desperate plays at times.

Thank god for freerolls because I’m currently in 9 tournament losing streak, luckily I’ve stuck to a strict bankroll management plan and I’ve entered plenty of freerolls. I’ve lost 4 mbtc this week bringing my bankroll ...

Updated 06-19-2017 at 10:52 PM by jacosta24

Categories
    Poker
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast