View RSS Feed

jacosta24

1. Are you prepared for the WSOP?

The beast that is the World Series Of Poker is among us. It’s massive player fields with equally massive prize pools are only a few short weeks away. Are you ready? Have you prepared? Do you have what it takes to survive these 1000+ player fields filled with a bevy of established poker professionals and gaggles of amateurs taking their one shot? Can you navigate through these enormous minefields, and take home the coveted WSOP gold bracelet? Do you have it in you?

Name:  wpid-wsop_bracelet_2014-cf_.jpg
Views: 11860
Size:  37.2 KB ...

Updated 04-23-2015 at 03:29 PM by jacosta24

Categories
    Poker
  2. I survived the LAPC

With the LAPC main event currently under way and the series coming to an end I decided to write about my experience at this year’s 2015 LAPC. I only played 2 events due to insufficient bankroll and time constraints. I managed to play Event #1 a $175 buy-in $100,000 guarantee No-Limit Hold’em tournament and Event #20 a $240 $500,000 guarantee also nlhe. I totally held my own and never felt outmatched in these massive +700 player fields. I played one hand at a time and just focused on my table and ...
  3. Waiting for the next BOOM

All I hear about these days is how hard poker is to beat and how in the early days a mediocre poker player could make a healthy living off the game, because the opposition was so weak. This frustrates me because I feel like I missed my chance to capitalize on the online poker boom, I feel like my game and bankroll is at a level where if I had the opportunity, I could succeed at online poker if the games were really that juicy.

I reside in beautiful California, and currently it is ...
  4. Grinding my face OFF

Call a doctor my face has literally fallen off!! Ok that’s a bit of an exaggeration but in all sincerity, I’ve played 30+ online tournaments in three weeks and have been extremely successful. First things first I placed 16th in the prestigious DREXEL 1ST ANNUAL 1,000 INVITATIONAL FREEROLL! I was 2nd in chips with 30 players left until Druff was moved to my table. He proceeded to bust a "Greycat" on me and sent me on a downward spiral I couldn't recover from. Other than that I’ve made 10 ...

Updated 12-21-2014 at 08:31 AM by jacosta24

Categories
    Poker
  5. Just WIN (With a quote from Scott Davies 2014 WSOP APAC Main Event champion)

Big or small, tournament victories are hard to come by. Winning makes all the difference. Long hours at the computer screen or at the felt can seem pointless without the victory. Being the last player left in a tournament is the best feeling ever, it means no ones skill or luck could overcome you that day.

Name:  1st place.jpg
Views: 6459
Size:  170.7 KB

These two weeks back at the grind have pretty tough but I have shown some profit. I played 15 tournaments, made 6 final tables, I got a 5th, ...

Updated 11-05-2014 at 05:24 PM by jacosta24

Categories
    Poker
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast