View RSS Feed

jacosta24

1. Just WIN (With a quote from Scott Davies 2014 WSOP APAC Main Event champion)

Big or small, tournament victories are hard to come by. Winning makes all the difference. Long hours at the computer screen or at the felt can seem pointless without the victory. Being the last player left in a tournament is the best feeling ever, it means no ones skill or luck could overcome you that day.

Name:  1st place.jpg
Views: 6429
Size:  170.7 KB

These two weeks back at the grind have pretty tough but I have shown some profit. I played 15 tournaments, made 6 final tables, I got a 5th, ...

Updated 11-05-2014 at 05:24 PM by jacosta24

Categories
    Poker
  2. Finding BALANCE

I’m playing the best poker of my life right now. Yeah it’s against some of the weakest players and at the lowest limits online but a few months ago I was getting my ass handed to me playing the same limits! I owe all my success like I said before to changing my ABC style into a relentless controlled aggression style, combined with plenty of tournament experience. I’m also putting all my efforts on improving my cash game skills and I know with a little practice and a higher bankroll my results will ...
  3. Learning PROCESS

Tournament poker is the reason I got into the game. Flashback to 2003, I remember watching ESPN with fascination and diving head first into low-limit cash games and losing my ass. I played my cash game sessions the way I learned the game through final table highlights and all-in hands edited into neat little one hour episodes. Playing this way has cost me money over the years and it’s a hard habit to break playing this way when I’m not entirely focused. I’ve almost completely phased out playing ...
  4. Change UP

One thing I’ve realized about poker over these past 10 years is change is constant. You can’t get comfortable because poker is constantly evolving and moving in different directions. Last year my local cardroom closed down, where I made a small profit constantly playing small stakes nlhe tournaments and it caused me to search for a new room. I’ve lost money ever since and it caused me to drop down to the micro online games. I think my losing has something to do with the mental aspect and also with ...