View RSS Feed

jacosta24

1. Persistence pays OFF

Waking up in the morning was always hard for me. Ever since I was a little kid my mom would be constantly yelling at me to wake up. I used to hide under the blankets and tell my mom I was looking for my socks and would go back to sleep. My laziness carried on into my teenage years, I was always in trouble for being late in high school, it was like pulling teeth to get me out of bed. As a young adult I was always getting fired for coming in late or missing days at work. It was like I had no self ...
    Categories
    Poker
  2. Putting in the WORK

I cant wait for the WSOP…

It’s something different to play bracelet events. The sound of the giant rooms filled with poker players from all around the world and there chatter. The sound from all the chips shuffling and all cards being dealt is something that catches you off guard if your not ready for it. Plus the thought of winning millions of dollars is constantly gnawing at the back of your head pushing you to play your best or fold under the pressure.

I’m going ...
    Categories
    Poker
  3. Sticking to the SCRIPT

Stick to the script, and follow through....

People would be surprised what they could accomplish, if only they would follow these simple rules. When I didnt have a plan in poker, I was drifting like a ship with no sail in the middle of the sea. I entered whatever tournament or cash game that was currently running, without any knowledge of my opponents, structure, or little nuances, about that certain game, that make a break even player a winning player.

In my early ...

Updated 05-11-2019 at 01:49 AM by jacosta24

Categories
    Poker
  4. Back from the DEAD

I’m back like Freddy Kruger or some grotesque 80’s horror villian in a lowrent splaterhouse film your mother warned you not watch or you’d get nightmares.

The virtual poker tables have never left my mind, I knew I had to return. The allure of making money doing something that I’ve always loved is just too strong. I’m rusty but the ability to win is still there and that’s what has been been driving me lately.

I expected to play 6 days this week but I could only muster ...
    Categories
    Poker
  5. Where has time gone?

I can't believe two years have passed since my last blog. How have I let this happen? A better question is what has happened? Why have I ignored writing and my first love Poker?

The simple answer is despair. Poker has given me and taught me so much but at the end of the day all the money that I have won hasn't given me the ability to accept the losing. The best tournament players are cashing about 33% of the time that means about 66% of the time there losing. On top of that even if ...

Updated 05-05-2019 at 09:13 AM by jacosta24

Categories
    Poker
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast