View RSS Feed

RegGaymer

1. Ireland Trip Report

I'm in Ireland visiting family for the week, and as I won a ticket for a €200 tournament at the Dublin poker festival I figured the trip would be a good way to kill two birds with one stone. Well, I've had great 'craic' with the family so that's half the mission complete but I busted the poker comp on Saturday and went back to the festival last night to play some side games and cash only to continue running like dog shit and lose a few hundred euro.
    I'm having a torrid time with live poker ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Mandatory Work Activity Scheme Part 2

Yesterday as I was lying in bed asleep some time around afternoon I received a couple of missed calls, as the phone rang each time I just lay there thinking to myself "fuck off world, I don't want any" - I thought it may have been the job centre telling me about my work placement - so I proceeded to ignore and roll over back to sleep. When I fully woke up and went downstairs I found a letter from the job centre detailing the dreaded work placement. I had previously thought that they were ...

Updated 11-28-2014 at 12:17 PM by RegGaymer

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Mandatory Work Activity Scheme

So I've been claiming job seekers benefits on and off for the past year while I've been looking for employment, only to find out yesterday when I went to the job centre that they've decided to put me on this mandatory work scheme. They say that I will have to work 30 hours a week for a month doing community service (working for charities or possibly manual labour on yards) and if I don't comply then they will cut me off the job seeker benefits. Baring in mind that I get £72 a week in benefits, so ...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12