Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
The only reason I care at all about this is because a lot of friends and family members were watching this and thinking "WTF?" Fortunately Baker was transparent as Saran Wrap, so people saw right through what he was doing, but when you have a lot of non-poker friends/family watching something like this and hearing mostly negative things about both me and my play, it's frustrating.
I agree and I think Tuckman was picking up on the negativity and that's why he was seemingly coaching Baker into the direction of "constructive criticism".

I don't know if other people noticed it or not as well but I think Tuckman was doing a pretty good job at trying to do damage control on that situation. He was constantly defending Todd's pauses and other plays.
I noticed that, too.

I first saw this come up in the hand where I had As2s against Ben Yu's AQ.

Flop came JcTc8c which was about as bad as possible for my hand. (Seriously, can you think of worse?)

So obviously there was nothing to think about, but does that mean I have to snap-fold and give away info about my holdings and range from that position?

No. I would be an idiot to do that, especially at a final table.

So I took a few seconds to act like I was thinking, and then threw it away.

If I stalled for 60 seconds with this fake decision, Baker would have a point. That's excessive, and it's just slowing down the game. However, taking 5-10 seconds occasionally for a "fake think" regarding a fold is not going to cause any significant delay in play.

The snide "classic Witteles" comment about this was both obnoxious and incorrect. I am not known for unreasonable stalling or slow play either live or online, so I don't know what was "classic" about this harmless move that wasted a whole 5 seconds.