Page 414 of 2147 FirstFirst ... 3143644044104114124134144154164174184244645149141414 ... LastLast
Results 8,261 to 8,280 of 42927

Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Chris Hedges

"The naive hopes of Bernie Sanders’ supporters—to build a grass-roots political movement, change the Democratic Party from within and push Hillary Clinton to the left—have failed. Clinton, aware that the liberal class and the left are not going to mount genuine resistance, is running as Mitt Romney in drag. The corporate elites across the political spectrum, Republican and Democrat, have gleefully united to anoint her president. All that remains of Sanders’ “revolution” is a 501(c)(4) designed to raise money, including from wealthy, anonymous donors, to ensure that he will be a senator for life. Great historical events happen twice, as Karl Marx quipped, first as tragedy and then as farce.

The multibillion-dollar extravaganza of our electoral Circus Maximus is part of the smokescreen that covers the ongoing devastation of globalization, deindustrialization, trade deals such as the Trans-Pacific Partnership, endless war, climate change and the intrusion into every corner of our lives by the security and surveillance state. Our democracy is dead. Clinton and Donald Trump do not have the power or the interest to revive it. They kneel before the war machine, which consumes trillions of dollars to wage futile wars and bankroll a bloated military. To defy the fortress state is political suicide. Politicians are courtiers to Wall Street. The candidates mouth the clichés of justice, improvements in income equality and democratic choice, but it is a cynical game. Once it is over, the victors will go to Washington to work with the lobbyists and financial elites to carry out the real business of ruling.

While there is a difference in the temperament of the two major presidential candidates, that difference will play out only in how our poison will be delivered. Political personalities serve global corporate centers of power. They do not control them. Barack Obama illustrates this.

To neoliberals, everyone and everything are disposable. The failed states that have risen up across the Middle East, Africa, the Caucasus and Asia in the wake of the Cold War herald a neoliberal world driven by violence, corruption, greed and desperation. The drug traffickers, smugglers, pirates, kidnappers, jihadists, criminal gangs and militias that roam huge swaths of territory where central authority has vanished are the real faces of globalization. These nihilists define Islamic State just as they define the corporate state. Corruption may be more naked and cruder in Afghanistan or Iraq, but it has its parallel in the for-sale politicians and political parties that dominate the United States and Europe. The common good—the building of community and solidarity—has been replaced through decades of corporate indoctrination with the callous call to amass all you can for yourself and leave the stranger bleeding on the side of the road."

Is the Goldman Sachs commodity trader, who hoards futures of rice, wheat, corn, sugar and livestock to jack up prices on the global market, leaving poor people in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America to starve, any less morally repugnant than the drug trafficker? Are F-16 pilots who incinerate families in Raqqa morally distinct from jihadists who burn a captured Jordanian pilot in a cage? Is torture in one of our black sites or offshore penal colonies any less barbaric than torture at the hands of Islamic State? Are the decapitations of children by military drones any more defensible than decapitations of Egyptian laborers on a beach in Libya by self-described holy warriors? Is Heather Bresch, the CEO of Mylan, who raised the price of the lifesaving EpiPen by 400 percent or more and whose compensation since 2007 has risen by 600 percent to above $18 million a year, any less venal than a human trafficker who sends an overloaded boat and its occupants to their doom on the coast of Libya?

There is a new world order. It is based on naked exploitation. It—not democracy—is what we have exported across the globe. And it looks a lot like the anarchic state that Hobbes feared. The criminal gangs that deliver migrants to Europe make about $100 million a month for their work. They exploit and traffic human beings just as highly paid CEOs do.

The failed states of Iraq, Syria and Libya, a direct result of globalization, have their counterparts in Detroit, St. Louis, Oakland, Memphis, Baltimore, Atlanta, Milwaukee and the south side of Chicago. They are our versions of Mogadishu, complete with lawlessness, senseless killings, armed gangs, widespread hunger, fear, a population retreating into the numbing embrace of opiates, crippling poverty, dysfunctional state institutions, the growth of private security companies that protect the elites, and indiscriminate police violence that creates reigns of terror aimed at the poor. The more the global corporate forces extract from us in the name of austerity and the maximization of profit, the more parts of the U.S. will descend into domestic versions of the failed states overseas. The same system exists here and abroad. And it has the same result here and abroad. It may appear first in Somalia, Mali, Guinea-Bissau and Libya, but it will soon come to characterize much of America. The proliferation of weapons will do to our society what it has done to every other failed state where there has been unchecked access to arsenals—hand power to those with a penchant for violence.

“Anyone who wants to rule men first tries to humiliate them, to trick them out of their rights and their capacity for resistance, until they are as powerless before him as animals,” Elias Canetti wrote in “Crowds and Power.” “He uses them like animals and, even if he does not tell them so, in himself he always knows quite clearly that they mean just as little to him; when he speaks to his intimates he will call them sheep or cattle. His ultimate aim is to incorporate them into himself and to suck the substance out of them. What remains of them afterwards does not matter to him. The worse he has treated them, the more he despises them. When they are no more use at all, he disposes of them as he does of his excrement, simply seeing to it that they do not poison the air of his house.”

History has amply demonstrated where this will end up. The continued exploitation by an unchecked elite, and the rising levels of poverty and insecurity, will unleash a legitimate rage among the desperate. They will see through the lies and propaganda of the elites. They will demand retribution. They will turn to those who express the hatred they feel for the powerful and the institutions, now shams, that were designed to give them a voice. They will seek not reform but destruction of a system that has betrayed them.

Failed states—czarist Russia, the Weimar Republic, the former Yugoslavia—vomit up political monstrosities. We will be no different.

A form of fascism has already taken hold in two nations on the edges of the European Union, Hungary and Poland. Far-right parties, reacting to the flood of more than a million migrants that descended on Europe last year, are gaining ground in France, Austria, Sweden, Germany and Greece. Nationalism, buttressed by a deification of the military, will be used to compensate for individual powerlessness and a loss of national identity. Dissent in the U.S. will become “anti-American,” a form of treason. Enemies at home will be vilified along with enemies abroad. And this will lead to even more warfare in the Middle East. The far-right political parties in Eastern Europe flirt rhetorically with military conflict with Russia. And because of its membership in NATO, the United States would be obligated to enter any hostilities.

Voting for Hillary Clinton will not halt this slide into the apocalypse. It will only accelerate it. Donald Trump may vanish from the political landscape, but someone even more venal, and probably more intelligent, will take his place. Our job is to dismantle the machinery that is pushing toward the cliff. And this means sustained and massive civil disobedience. As exemplified by the protests at the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation and by prisoners across the nation who carried out work stoppages last Friday, it means doing everything possible not to cooperate with the elements of authority. It means disrupting the mechanisms of power. It means overcoming fear. It means no longer believing the lies we are told.

This is how it plays out?
    http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...again_20160911
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 10-22-2016 at 01:26 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    I've proven that all the problems facing this country can traced back to conservative policy.
    Citizens United
    Denying mm climate change
    20 trillion in debt
    1000 military bases
    50% in poverty
    $337 miilion a day for war
    Fucking dumb
    All elected Republicans need to resign in disgrace or at least shut up. They don't know shit, just a bunch of bible thumping blowhards.
    Douchebags like Tom Cotton make me sick.

Am I out of line? Haha
    Are you out of line? No. You're just a fucking embarrassing Ignoramus. Look it Up.

Load Metric
    Madonna promises oral sex to Hillary Clinton voters
    http://pagesix.com/2016/10/19/madonn...linton-voters/

Madonna really wants you to vote for Hillary Clinton.

“One more thing before I introduce this genius of comedy: If you vote for Hillary Clinton, I will give you a blow job,” she said before bringing out Schumer.

“And I’m good. I’m good. I’m not a douche and I’m not a tool. I take my time, I have a lot of eye contact, yeah,” the 58-year-old said. “And I do swallow.”

Maybe if it was Madonna from 30 years ago.

I'll wait until Katy Perry offers the same deal.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Madonna promises oral sex to Hillary Clinton voters
    http://pagesix.com/2016/10/19/madonn...linton-voters/

Madonna really wants you to vote for Hillary Clinton.

“One more thing before I introduce this genius of comedy: If you vote for Hillary Clinton, I will give you a blow job,” she said before bringing out Schumer.

“And I’m good. I’m good. I’m not a douche and I’m not a tool. I take my time, I have a lot of eye contact, yeah,” the 58-year-old said. “And I do swallow.”

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 411
Size:  43.8 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Todd has the amazing ability of making zero sense while typing up a coherent 10 paragraph post.

Comments

LegallyNonBindingPosts: u r stupid fucking village idiot. choke on a giant bag of n-word dicks you incorrigible POS
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Atlanta’s GOP Women Are Poised To Help Hillary Clinton Run Up The Score
    Donald Trump’s history with women could give Georgia’s electoral votes to a Democrat for the first time since Bill Clinton won the White House.
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58...b02444efa39cbe

Favorite passage:
    For Republicans nervous about an electoral catastrophe next month, Lesley Jones could be a harbinger of doom.

She’s 41 years old, has a University of Georgia bachelor’s degree, and considers herself a solid Republican. Yet she walked into the Chastain Recreation Center gym in the upscale Buckhead neighborhood this week and cast her presidential ballot for Democrat Hillary Clinton rather than Republican Donald Trump.

“There’s been nothing. He’s presented me with nothing. And what he has presented me has been so offensive,” Jones said, adding that she actually considered supporting Trump back when he first secured the nomination. But she said the more she heard from him, the more disgusted she became. His recorded boast of being able to sexually assault women because of his celebrity was the last straw. “I’m embarrassed to be a Republican and have this nominee.”
    LOLing at the Trumpeteers who think their guy has a snowball's chance of surving the wrath of women voters this election!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Donald Trump’s history with women could give Georgia’s electoral votes to a Democrat for the first time since Bill Clinton won the White House.

Favorite passage:
    For Republicans nervous about an electoral catastrophe next month, Lesley Jones could be a harbinger of doom.

She’s 41 years old, has a University of Georgia bachelor’s degree, and considers herself a solid Republican. Yet she walked into the Chastain Recreation Center gym in the upscale Buckhead neighborhood this week and cast her presidential ballot for Democrat Hillary Clinton rather than Republican Donald Trump.

“There’s been nothing. He’s presented me with nothing. And what he has presented me has been so offensive,” Jones said, adding that she actually considered supporting Trump back when he first secured the nomination. But she said the more she heard from him, the more disgusted she became. His recorded boast of being able to sexually assault women because of his celebrity was the last straw. “I’m embarrassed to be a Republican and have this nominee.”
    LOLing at the Trumpeteers who think their guy has a snowball's chance of surving the wrath of women voters this election!
    Next truck stop you stop at, look up the word anecdotal.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post

Favorite passage:

Are you suggesting that Trump is fine with the woman vote then? Just curious but all empirical evidence points in the same direction as this anecdote.

FTR I've never bought the "you need the black, latino, woman, religious etc. vote to win" because you can always compensate in other areas (i.e. white males). It certainly makes it a lot harder though.

Banned
    Load Metric

have this sinking feeling this is all a calm before the storm, in some weird way

Polls are so easily skewed/rigged these days, you have morons taking them who get paid incentives for the 10 minutes or so that they do them. When you put money into polling via the internet, on some level you can expect people to manipulate them. Honestly think the some of these polls are not a very good indicator of the actual voting population come election day. Trump winning would shake the pollster World at the core and everything they do.

Can only imagine the scrutiny them companies would face then...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzy View Post

have this sinking feeling this is all a calm before the storm, in some weird way

Polls are so easily skewed/rigged these days, you have morons taking them who get paid incentives for the 10 minutes or so that they do them. When you put money into polling via the internet, on some level you can expect people to manipulate them. Honestly think the some of these polls are not a very good indicator of the actual voting population come election day. Trump winning would shake the pollster World at the core and everything they do.

Is this true? I've never come across any major polling that does this? I'm not even sure how they would do this since polling outside of demographic data does not collect personal info (name, address ect).

Load Metric
    ok, some things have changed with the election, but others haven't.

i'm willing to wager 1:1.25 up to $4,000 (total)- minimum $1,000 that Georgia will go Republican.

Only caveats are that Trump is alive and still in the race through election day.

Offer closes 10/23 6pm est.

We can escrow with Druff if he is willing.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzy View Post

Is this true? I've never come across any major polling that does this? I'm not even sure how they would do this since polling outside of demographic data does not collect personal info (name, address ect).

yeah they are attached to them Coupon grinding sites, where you get paid like $1 or $3 in pts which you can usually convert to Bitcoin/paypal/giftcard etc...

Theirs groups of people who sit home all day grinding them, obv answering them over and over and over, not unique people and imo are mostly liberal esp the ones who grinding them surveys/coupons for points to convert to bitcoin. They can then use bitcoin/paypal/giftcard etc, so basically you have people filling surveys out en masse, filing them over and over and over again so they get some (more) pts.

They can convert to paypal, or bitcoin (the incentive) and voila rinse repeat the cycle, person does it over and over, for months tainting the general sample population big time imo, and I think its happening at a massive scale now. The ones doing it for the BITCOIN incentive are very much LIBERAL/Libertarian types who definitely arent answering them samples in favor of Trump in all they States they are allegedly filling them out, claiming to be from. Long story short these massive survey companies are pushing these political surveys out there, via channels that have people doing them for the incentives, not to be sincere. Amazing this isn't common knowledge by now. Pretty sure these 'polls' the LOL Media are advocating as being so legit, were huge samples from people who angle-shot and colluded them for incentives (paypal/bitcoin etc) they could convert to cash or bitcoin etc..

Personally dont think Hillary is nearly as far ahead as many think with the masses who actually go and vote on election day. Not jsut sat home answering surveys for incentives. and the results have been tainted by a flawwed sampling system. Many grind these offers day in day out, are neck-beard libertarians types grinding for the free bitcoins etc (cheaper then mining bitcoin). Polling samples are so tainted they are a joke these days.

RUBE media companies lean on them when they favor HIllary so hard. Reasonably possible imo this trend the past year or two led to some pretty tainted samples in the pools, combined with everyones hate for Trump publicly even more so then. So everyone declaring her a winner imo, is discounting this because they are doing so leaning on these' polls' which in 2016 im pretty sure is broken, and being angled for bitcoin and incentives by people not giving honest answers and on a wider scale then people realize.

it's plausible and if a storm broke out id bet on that being a major source of the tainted pools people were leaning on
    Last edited by buzzy; 10-22-2016 at 09:56 AM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I imagine this is happening in every state, not just California

California voters returning ballots in big numbers, election officials say

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-...109797027.html

Load Metric

Favorite passage:

When you're right, you're right. BUT:

If the election results show that Trump fared worse among women than typical recent republican nominees, will you admit that Trump's offensive behavior and misogyny were a contributing factor?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

and you think they're coming out in droves to vote for Donald Duck?

wow delusional. i guess if that's what keeps you sane until the 8th when Donald the Pussy Grabbing Lizard loses in a landslide.

sorry homie, but there isn't enough racist inbred rednecks like you and the rest of this filth that's been populating this aids ridden thread with pro-trump posts, in the country to let Donald win. Plus, half of these racist goons who are pro trump probably can't vote bc they're convicted felons one way or another.

after the 8th, i hope this thread gets locked, and shipped to the HOF.

Comments

DJ_Chaps: LITERALLY A CUCKOLD FETISHIST

FPS_Russia: not in the mood to listen to some clueless wigger, maybe tomorrow k
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

Are you suggesting that Trump is fine with the woman vote then? Just curious but all empirical evidence points in the same direction as this anecdote.

FTR I've never bought the "you need the black, latino, woman, religious etc. vote to win" because you can always compensate in other areas (i.e. white males). It certainly makes it a lot harder though.
    No, he is in trouble with women for sure. But that is nationwide. My point is people find an article and use that to try and make a broader point. For instance, there have been many of blue collar Democrat Union men voting for Trump. So for someone to use one article from a reporter in a PA factory interviewing a Union member, 50 year old male as evidence of what is going to happen in PA is laughable.

Equally frustrating is watching Republicans all over TV today citing the Investors Business Daily (IBD) poll that just came out showing Trump with a 2 point lead nationwide. Now the IBD was cited as the most accurate in 2012, but it also ignores one month of polling from every other polling company. So to use it as something other than anecdotal is pretty ridiculous.

It justs tilts me when each side cherry picks polling data or an isolated news story to make their point. If someone actually believes a few pissed off women in GA is going to tilt GA to Democrat, especially to Hillary, go put your money on Predict It and watch it disappear November 8th.

Keep in mind, my point was to Mumbles, in retrospect I should have just ignored him. He and Larry are probably the worst two posters the last half of decade and I feel quite embarrassed I just took 5 minutes out of my Saturday responding to him. Carry on.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

and you think they're coming out in droves to vote for Donald Duck?

wow delusional. i guess if that's what keeps you sane until the 8th when Donald the Pussy Grabbing Lizard loses in a landslide.

sorry homie, but there isn't enough racist inbred rednecks like you and the rest of this filth that's been populating this aids ridden thread with pro-trump posts, in the country to let Donald win. Plus, half of these racist goons who are pro trump probably can't vote bc they're convicted felons one way or another.

after the 8th, i hope this thread gets locked, and shipped to the HOF.
    It's quite obvious Larry is a awful dupe. Only someone from NWP/DD would know and reference shipping something to HOF since there is no HOF here. I am just trying to figure out which bike riding suicider we had on these parts the last few years. Maybe 408 Mike.

Comments

Tellafriend: "mildly suicidal" rep

LarryLaffer: nice work Columbo.

Load Metric

You have 2 yuge outs.

Angry white xenophobes turn out in Brexit-like numbers.

Killary/Obama motivate ISIS with the huge move on ISIS controlled Mosul. The only question is where.
    (Trying to hand Hillary the kind of "hostages are free" moment Reagan had at his inauguration)

"This fantasy that the West is able to conduct a kind of clean war with no civilian casualties, and it's only the Russians and the Syrians who [harm] innocent civilians is just that - a complete fantasy. The West always tries to sanitize its wars, and make it out as if it can conduct these clean wars in which only bad guys and soldiers and militants get killed - and that's a fantasy," political writer and journalist Dan Glazebrook told RT, adding that "the Western media would rather refocus on horrific scenes in Syria following Russian and Syrian airstrikes than horrific scenes in Iraq following US and British airstrikes."
    You'd think there would be a reckoning
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-22-2016 at 11:11 AM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    The BIG 3 Media Giants in the United States do utilize Psy-Ops on some level to skew their viewers these days

That is real dirty too and no doubt the Companies like Fox News/MSNBC/CNN think Trumps such a threat they are pushing the envelope with it this time around. And its toe-in the line. Constant soft-balling of Hillary while Trump gets constantly lambasted over being a hornball. JFK was a dirty dog too, Bill Clinton etc etc its very common actually. You wouldn't know it by how they are treating Trump about them alleged behaviors.

Hillary has her own transgressions clearly, that are being deliberately soft balled, lightly touched, and certainly not being pushed to fabricate an opinion unto the masses. If you all arent careful, and are unaware, uneducated or maybe both you could very easily watch too much of CNN/MSNBC/FOX and inadvertently have your own opinions changed by the bias Media network you consumed to much of. Usually used in military operations its a scary thought to think the big few Media companies are starting to just use there breadth of reach to influence their viewership so much like they have against Trump this cycle.

Honestly huge lol when Media companies go the scummy route and letting 'On-Air' personalities utilize psychological operations (psy ops) to skew the viewership/voting public into their favor. Real dirty actually, and has no place in peoples living rooms. Too much opinion not enough unbiased reporting these days.

One of the brighter talents who doesn't use it to her favor as much seems to be Brianna Keilar on CNN. Careful to let her viewers form their own opinions. Not drive her opinion into them hoping they then side with her like many of the on-air personalities these days. Flirting with the boundary of dirty. The average Poli-tard homebody probably isnt even-overly aware of psy ops, and how it can actually affect them esp in this case with elections. Very delicate stuff and seems these Media Companies dont give two fucks about that, so long as they get their in who is elected. The media giants are real dirty these days this way.
    Last edited by buzzy; 10-22-2016 at 11:19 AM.

Load Metric
    I'm hearing that Kim dot Com has a video of Bill Clinton having sex with a 13 year old girl during one of Epstein's famous orgies. Part me hopes it's true, and part of me hopes that shit never happened of course. If it did happen though, I hope the tape is released.

There's a lot more to come starting Monday with Wikileaks and more by Project Veritas. Don't count out THE DONALD just yet. Some of these could be nuclear bombs that the MSM won't be able to ignore.

Besides, pictures like this don't quite jive with the poll numbers. Of course MSM would never show this view. Something stinks with these polling numbers the MSM is trying to jam down the public's throats.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by BAGGINS; 10-22-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Thread Information