Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: *** Official MLB Playoffs 2016 Thread ***

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's shitty as hell if the Cubs go to the world series after winning 103 regular season games they don't even get home advantage because of some all star game stipulation.

I bet the MLB is hating this rule regardless who wins in the NL because both Chicago and LA have more money to go around the city then then what Cleveland will bring in even tho their fans will do whatever they can to go to the World Series.

Comments

big dick: .

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Remember this charming little show from the '70s:

After you get past the antics of JJ and his dy-no-mite, a closer look at the show reveals that it's pretty much an indictment of the entire city of Chicago.

The Evans family struggles with rampant crime, corrupt government officials, lack of opportunity, and a life essentially stuck in the high-rise housing projects.

The theme song sarcastically sings the praises of living in Chicago, the imagery to go along with it is intentionally grainy and depressing, and even the show title is sarcastic.

Keep in mind that the creative forces behind the show were from the left, too, so it wasn't a right-wing hatchet job on this longtime Democratic-run city.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    MLB wants the Dodgers to lose this NLCS.

They are so married to this being the Cubs' year.

The Dodgers winning will completely spoil the narrative, and suddenly the World Series will be about a deep-pocketed large market team versus a small-market team no one cares about. BORING!

No, they want the Cubs, and then it also becomes a competition between a team with a 68-year drought and the other with the famed 108-year drought.

Such a joke.

Comments

ToasterOven: lol. not sure if serious?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Druff- You are tilting (and the series isn't even over yet) or BGC gave you some of his meds.

I understand your frustration but this don't make you look good attacking a city because your Dodgers are on the brink of elimination.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The Dodgers winning will completely spoil the narrative, and suddenly the World Series will be about a deep-pocketed large market team versus a small-market team no one cares about. BORING!

No, they want the Cubs, and then it also becomes a competition between a team with a 68-year drought and the other with the famed 108-year drought.

Such a joke.
    Lol saying it's "rigged" before it's even over. Sounds familiar.

Load Metric
    The dodgers are gonna lose in 6. Cubs infield signed through 2021. Dynasty

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post

Such a joke.
    I geuss he didn't notice that ump behind the plate fucking Lester every chance he got thursday night
    Last edited by big dick; 10-22-2016 at 01:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post

I guss he didn't notice that ump behind the plate fucking Lester every chance he got thursday night
    That ump just sucks.

He fucked the Dodgers hard against the Nationals.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    I guss he didn't notice that ump behind the plate fucking Lester every chance he got thursday night
    That ump just sucks.

He fucked the Dodgers hard against the Nationals.
    Fuck the dodgers and their shitty fans.
    CUBS 2016 and beyond

Load Metric

After you get past the antics of JJ and his dy-no-mite, a closer look at the show reveals that it's pretty much an indictment of the entire city of Chicago.

The Evans family struggles with rampant crime, corrupt government officials, lack of opportunity, and a life essentially stuck in the high-rise housing projects.

The theme song sarcastically sings the praises of living in Chicago, the imagery to go along with it is intentionally grainy and depressing, and even the show title is sarcastic.

Keep in mind that the creative forces behind the show were from the left, too, so it wasn't a right-wing hatchet job on this longtime Democratic-run city.
    The theory of cold winters proposes that survival in colder climates poses two evolutionarily novel problems that would have required high intelligence to solve: finding food and keeping warm.

No one is going to argue (except Mumbles) that intelligence, economic development, and culture is more advance in Northern Europe than Africa to use a broad example.

Now war in Europe is often credited with human education and advancement too. So perhaps staying alive in colder climes is an added motivation.

Think of LA as our version of Ethiopia.

Hunting is easy on the savanah so why stress.

A recent and classic example of the low energy approach to living was provided by Druff. "It's 90 degrees so I think I will just skip the game."

A pretty good insight into why you see empty seats in the 7th inning at Chavez Ravine. I was personally hoping for a late Dodgers rally to punish those stupid fans. It almost happened.

To summarize, a little hardship builds character and intelligence. Darwin y'all.

Watts in the fall must be beautiful.

Sanford and Son.

Comments

big dick: too hot!

Load Metric

Thanks for the update there DRK Star.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Also LOL @ Chicago in general.

So bitter cold in the winter that it literally makes the New York winter look mild (not even kidding about this).

Super-corrupt city government which is now the gold standard of American shady local government. Some politicians get this lifestyle so ingrained in their heads that they can't fathom why anyone has a problem with it (see Rod Blagojevich).

Sky-high murder rate which keeps getting worse every year, making it about as safe as a war-torn banana republic.

The population has actually DECREASED since 1950 by 25%. That's how much everyone wants to get out of there. The other 75% stays either as a result of masochism or not understanding that one doesn't have to live this way.

No wonder the Cubs are pretty much everyone's way of life over there. Escapism.
    Holy shit you are spinning bro

time to shut it the fuck down

Comments

SysOp:

lewfather: when you lump in stats from citydata after losing a series, i love druffski but really a new low. you're better than this todd.

big dick: Henry

ToasterOven: lol

Load Metric
    Fuck the Cubs, the city of Chicago, and that mind numbing idiotic fan base.

They remind me of the Cowboys. No matter where you go in this country, hell the world, you will always encounter some ass wipe wearing a cubbies hat.

They are so pathetic they blamed poor steve bartman. They had every opportunity to close that game out and he'll they had all of game 7.

Worst organization in sports.

I hope the Indians roll there scrub asses and the Cubs for back to the bottom of the division where they belong.

Comments

"I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric
    The cubs are gonna wih 3 or 4 ws in a row.

Load Metric
    Kluber is dealing right now.

2 seamer from hell.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I can't stand the Indians (Tigers fan obv) but I've said these Indians look like a team of destiny for a while now. It pains me to say this but I've got to be realistic here separating my hatred for a team and respect what they have done.

Even with a few starters out the Indians pitching has been destroying their opponents and they've been able to manufacture enough runs to win all of these games.

Elite pitching that clicks on all cylinders is going to beat good hitting. The Red sox and Blue Jays have found this out now the Cubs likely will.

7-1 with three shutouts and two games allowing just 1 run in the post season is tough to beat.

I hope the Cubs can pull this series out but think it will be Indians in 6.

Load Metric
    Lester pitched his ass off there but no one will care because kluber is a machine. This will be a great series.

Comments

dwai:

BeerAndPoker:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Lester pitched his ass off there but no one will care because kluber is a machine. This will be a great series.
    Ump fucked Lester the 1st couple innings

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is the Cubs chance right now with the bases loaded and no outs. Lets go!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Every sports talk host I listened to the past few days picked the cubs and can't blame them with that record but 2 things they all slept on were

1. Cleveland has home field

2. Kluber is by far the best pitcher in this series IMO

Thread Information