Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie you watched?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Foxcatcher is on Netflix dvd. I enjoyed. Steve Carell played a crazy rich person well. story of how money madness and power affects the rich and not so rich. Obv based on true events.
    My sister in law is from Wilmington, DE. Her friend married into the DuPont family.
    You could tell he was inbred the second you met him. Creepy.

If you were a Ted fan like myself,
    a 'million ways to die in the west' is a huge let down. I only got like 1/2 way then quit.
    The one time I laughed was in the commercial of course when the ice fell on that guy.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Exact opposite, I thought Ted was a flaming piece of shit, but A Million Ways to Die, although not much of a movie, was filled with silly bits throughout.

Comments

ToasterOven: Ted was awful

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This last hobbit sequel was great!! On a side note "true grit" the original with John Wayne is a must. Even if your not into westerns you Will love it..also the remake is a 5star movie..I never liked cowboy movies but they generally have good action and a sense of morality..there more sophisticated then ok me might think..

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    http://movietube.pw/watch.php?v=99k3u9ay1gs american sniper

http://movietube.pw/watch.php?v=HDBss9rMhFk a most violent year

my wife hooked me up with this last night was so easy and watched both movies with zero issues

I know im probably making a impossible request, but if someone has a working copy of American Sniper with subtitles, it would be greatly appreciated. Im simply too deaf to watch some of these otherwise without jacking up the volume higher than fuck

thanks

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    I know im probably making a impossible request, but if someone has a working copy of American Sniper with subtitles, it would be greatly appreciated. Im simply too deaf to watch some of these otherwise without jacking up the volume higher than fuck

thanks

lol signature Gordman

Comments

Pooh: in

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    http://movietube.pw/watch.php?v=99k3u9ay1gs american sniper

http://movietube.pw/watch.php?v=HDBss9rMhFk a most violent year

my wife hooked me up with this last night was so easy and watched both movies with zero issues

thanks
    What's the problem with your hearing? Self induced or naturally blessed?

Subtitles rock anyway because the sound effects guys are paid too much and feel the need to justify their existence.

One thing I stumbled on was watching a movie on QuickTime. There was an adjustment for background volume and it did exactly that to whatever degree you wanted.

Load Metric
    My sister in law is from Wilmington, DE. Her friend married into the DuPont family.
    I've written about this on this site before. DuPont's definitely have some skeleton's in their closet.

Good chance I know or know of your sister in law. Wilmington is a pretty small town.

Comments

JimmyG_415: Where are these posts? I'd like to compare notes.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

thanks

Subtitles rock anyway because the sound effects guys are paid too much and feel the need to justify their existence.

One thing I stumbled on was watching a movie on QuickTime. There was an adjustment for background volume and it did exactly that to whatever degree you wanted.

Inherited hearing loss. Around 70% loss

Kind of like Tydes brain cells...around a 70% loss...

Load Metric

Name:  90996156_185407c.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  29.1 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    I've written about this on this site before. DuPont's definitely have some skeleton's in their closet.

Good chance I know or know of your sister in law. Wilmington is a pretty small town.

No shit?

The last name is Taylor, There were 4 kids.
    the one son is named John Mike (yup 2 names)
    Then Julie, Betsy, and Katie. They are probably like 44-36
    She went to school w/ Thomas Capano's daughters.
    And she said she played on same field hockey team as Joe Biden's niece, and he came to the games all the time, the team called him "uncle Joe". (She could be BS'ing me , but sounded legit)

Her dad worked there, they took good care of him.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Banned
    Load Metric
    Sound is waaay more important than people give it credit for. Try watching something in low res with good sound, then a beautiful image with shitty sound. The latter is often unwatchable. It's a common pitfall in independent productions, where they spend their whole budget on camera gear but neglect audio and the whole thing comes out like ass.

I also hate it when music and effects are too loud and I can't hear what anyone is saying. But if you're having trouble hearing dialogue, your speakers are likely to blame. Everything is made in 5.1 surround sound these days and if you're listening through a laptop speaker or whatever the mix is going to get muddled. It's not expensive to get a decent setup for surround sound, and it's worth doing even for a PC if you're watching TV and movies on it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Sound is waaay more important than people give it credit for. Try watching something in low res with good sound, then a beautiful image with shitty sound. The latter is often unwatchable. It's a common pitfall in independent productions, where they spend their whole budget on camera gear but neglect audio and the whole thing comes out like ass.

I also hate it when music and effects are too loud and I can't hear what anyone is saying. But if you're having trouble hearing dialogue, your speakers are likely to blame. Everything is made in 5.1 surround sound these days and if you're listening through a laptop speaker or whatever the mix is going to get muddled. It's not expensive to get a decent setup for surround sound, and it's worth doing even for a PC if you're watching TV and movies on it.
    Hit up Tyde for info on the newest kick ass electronics. Dude likes to have his shit banging no matter where he's at.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    we cant have one thread without Tyde references?? really????
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    "Spring" it's another one of those independent horrible movies..it rents for 6.99 though..spitthis I'm sure you will enjoy it..it's a horror/love story :-)

Load Metric
    I'm looking forward to Mad Max:Fury Road, fucking crazy shit...

Comments

thesparten: I saw the trailer several times, it looks mindless.

gimmick: looks good.. been a while since last mad max movie

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    we cant have one thread without Tyde references?? really????

no shit

it's fucking absurd

Comments

vegas1369: Yup

Pooh: and

Load Metric
    Watched Nightcrawler the other night. As already stated in this thread it was very solid, and JG killed it. Definitely an Oscar nomination worthy performance.

I am actually hearing very good things about It Follows, so considering there hasn't been a good horror flick out in ages I will probably go check this out soon.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Sorry to hear that (no pun intended), sorry for your loss (intended) but seriously folks, I have a relative who lost his hearing completely in his forties for no known reason and he's been on a waiting list for a cochlear implant for more than a year.

I also know someone in the hearing aid business and they, the hearing aids, are virtually invisible while being worn and are even controllable by your smartphone. Have you checked these out?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

I agree sound effects were almost an afterthought in early cinema but in some cases today they've crossed the line. The QuickTime example I mentioned was discovered while watching the Sherlock Holmes movie with
    R.D. Junior. Because of his need to affect an English accent the character often muttering it was a battle to follow the dialogue. For instance, in the software I was able to reduce the overly loud sound of horse hooves on cobblestone. BTW I was streaming this from computer to a large screen TV. But you're correct about the audio system's ability to handle many sources.

Load Metric
    anyone have a link for a decent copy of Unfinished Business torrent
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Saw Focus with Will Smith. I love conman movies so I am a bit biased but I loved it. The blond was great but no titties shown.

I would love to join one of those crews for a week. I have always been intrigued by pickpockets and grifters.

Thread Information