Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pot brownies question

Bronze
    Load Metric

Pot brownies question

1)how much herb should be used (assuming high quality)
    2)butter or oil, I've heard oil works better
    3)how long does it last and what is the difference between just smoking it?

Also if you have any good recipies please share. I'm 37 and have never tried them, but have been a casual smoker over the years.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Stueyivey View Post
    1)how much herb should be used (assuming high quality)
    2)butter or oil, I've heard oil works better
    3)how long does it last and what is the difference between just smoking it?

Also if you have any good recipies please share. I'm 37 and have never tried them, but have been a casual smoker over the years.
    1) I have always used an ounce, but I imagine you could get away with using a 1/4. The brownies I make with an ounce are ridiculously potent.

2) I think oil is easier to work with, butter will taste better. I prefer to use oil. Make sure to buy the brownies that allow you to use the MOST oil per batch, meaning pick up the "family style", pretty sure it's Betty Crocker. I believe it's something like 1/2-3/4 of a cup per batch. I always use more, sometimes up to a cup and a half.

3) It will last anywhere from 4-8 hours, and it is WAY different from smoking. The body high is a million times stronger. I would almost liken it more to taking a hit of acid without the hallucinations, than I would smoking, but that obv is in high doses. Also, I have never gotten the munchies like I have on brownies, and you sleep like a rock.

As far as recipes, I usually just cook up the oil at a med to low heat with the weed in it, stirring constantly for about 15-20 minutes. If you start seeing smoke 10 minutes in, turn the heat down, you're burning it.

Load Metric
    Also, and this is very important. DO NOT EAT TOO MUCH!!!!! Trust me, I have made this mistake, you do not want to go down this road. Start off eating a small amount. I would say if you cut your brownies into 8, eat half of one at the most. Maybe even a quarter, just to get a feel for where you are. Another thing, it takes a while to kick in, usually at least an hour.

Load Metric
    http://forums.cannabisculture.com/fo...oard=16&page=1
    Eating the weed is definitely more potent than smoking it. After eating some do not make plans for a few hours.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I planned on using a quarter of high quality bud, I know you wrote that can work but is a half or full ounce better?

A quarter can last me a few months smoking as I only take a few tokes a week and I pay $100 a quarter, so an ounce would likely be $350 or so which I really don't want to spend on a midlife experiment.

Load Metric
    A 1/4 should be plenty, I used to use about a 1/2 oz of shake from average weed and it would be better than smoking that good shit that Ricky grows.

Load Metric
    I planned on using a quarter of high quality bud, I know you wrote that can work but is a half or full ounce better?

A quarter can last me a few months smoking as I only take a few tokes a week and I pay $100 a quarter, so an ounce would likely be $350 or so which I really don't want to spend on a midlife experiment.
    Quarter will be fine, half would be better. An ounce is overkill. I'd start out with a cup of oil, maybe a tiny bit more. After you cook it and strain it down it will work out closer to 3/4 of a cup.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

Quarter will be fine, half would be better. An ounce is overkill. I'd start out with a cup of oil, maybe a tiny bit more. After you cook it and strain it down it will work out closer to 3/4 of a cup.
    Recipe I read said to use the same amount of oil the box recipe calls for. Basically make them same as normal brownies recipe but with the THC oil.

Is the THC extraction oil process is the most important part? That is what I should focus on getting right based on what I've read far.

Silver
    Load Metric
    LOL........great episode from TAXI....Jim gets addicted (even a young Tom Hanks appears)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

Recipe I read said to use the same amount of oil the box recipe calls for. Basically make them same as normal brownies recipe but with the THC oil.

Is the THC extraction oil process is the most important part? That is what I should focus on getting right based on what I've read far.
    Yes, that is all that matters. Once you have your weed oil you simply follow the instructions on the brownie box. Keep in mind that the amount of oil you start off with will not be the same as what you end up with, the weed will soak some of it up. The less weed you use though, the less oil you will lose.

Also, for straining purposes I use two screens. One basic kitchen screen to initially strain into a metal cooking bowl, then a second much finer screen to strain out any bits of shake left in the oil. A simple bar mixing tin works great to strain the final batch of oil into it.

Load Metric
    And please give us an update after your adventure. Or in the middle of it.

Load Metric
    I assume you are splitting the 1/4 among multiple people for this? I would NOT consume 1/4 of herb in brownies just for you. As is said before, eating weed is much more potent (and long-lasting) than smoking. It also takes 45mins-1hr to fully come on, so I would eat a little less than you think you need, and if you need more have some more in 1 hr. I know Vegas gave you this advice already, but please take it. It is almost like a different drug eaten.

Load Metric
    The above poster reminds me that Peep Show is the funniest show ever. Kind of show a n-word might want to watch after having eaten a pot brownie.

Load Metric
    As a purely cooking point, I would use butter, or a butter-oil mix. Real butter obv, not like margarine or something. The reasoning is that oil, particularly olive oils, have a really low smoking point, and you'll scorch the oil, which will effect the taste and quality of the brownies. When I've made them, I used a half butter half oil mixture that worked nicely for the sauteing. Also, don't be impatient. Make sure the oil/butter is fully cooled before you add it to the brownie mixture.

Load Metric
    also, and maybe I was a cheap kike in this respect, but i never strained the pot. I did it oncce, but I felt the pot that got strained out was still really oily and I was wasting a lot. So, I made a batch where I just tossed the unstrained, stemmy weed into the mix. Dear god, is it gross tasting. But, it was very potent.

Load Metric
    One more addendum. Keep in mind, you can make literally anything with the pot butter/oil, once you've cooked the pot in it. You do't need to make brownies or desserts. If I cooked pot these days, I wouldn't make brownies for the sheer fact I don't want to eat a large amount of such an unhealthy thing. You can use the butter/oil to make a pasta sauce, spread it on toast with some jelly, if you use pure oil, you can make it into a salad dressing, or 100 different things. Brownies are of course easy ( and god) but you don't have to restrict yourself.

Load Metric
    I just read about infusing it with milk and that sounds pretty interesting

Load Metric
    Have some hippies down the street so I have a little info for this, dam bastards snuck me some pot cookies during a block party last year I thought I was halusinating from the beer lol till they told me,
    they also gave me some magic mushrooms one time in some tee fucking sneaky trick IMO but we ended up having a blast some how we drank 50 beer between 6 of us and wasn't even drunk till the mushrooms wear off.......nap time then.

So they told me they take the leef and cuttings when they trim there buds and put it in a machine called a scuff machine has some kind of a hamster wheel with a screen and the happy smoke falls through......when they get a lot or a brick they call it they will take some and melt it with some butter and use the butter to make cookies, pancakes or what ever you like!!!! and they are very strong, this is the only rare time when cookies and beer go together.

Table spoon of hash powder (keef) x two for quarter Pound of butter for hippies and maby devide by half for normal user I would guess.
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 04-18-2012 at 03:06 PM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post

yeah, the principal is the same as butter/oil. Obv you need to use whole milk ( or better yet, heavy cream) as the THC is bonding to the fat in the milk. That's why you can't just eat pot, it needs to bond to fat. It can also bond to alcohol, though the process is a little dicey. You can either just let it soak in the high proof alcohol for a month, or you can heat the alcohol and simmer it. I haven't wanted to fuck with that, because of fire risks, but there are obviously places online that will have the procedure.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDMcCobb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post

yeah, the principal is the same as butter/oil. Obv you need to use whole milk ( or better yet, heavy cream) as the THC is bonding to the fat in the milk. That's why you can't just eat pot, it needs to bond to fat. It can also bond to alcohol, though the process is a little dicey. You can either just let it soak in the high proof alcohol for a month, or you can heat the alcohol and simmer it. I haven't wanted to fuck with that, because of fire risks, but there are obviously places online that will have the procedure.
    I just spoke with my buddy who owns and operates a dispensary close by and he recommends butter because the thc tends to spread itself evenly and oil tends to make some parts more potent and other parts weaker.

His mentor is opening a dispensary/restaraunt that will only have edibles. His signature dish is deep dished lasagna which I heard is a stoners dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Thread Information