Page 665 of 2149 FirstFirst ... 16556561565566166266366466566666766866967571576511651665 ... LastLast
Results 13,281 to 13,300 of 42980

Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Whether trump was making fun of that guy or not, he deserved it, total scumbag

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post

LOL UK doesn't have 4gLTE huh.... Yes we do have 4G.

you should charge your battery. It's currently fully charged thanks.

or at least turn on power saving mode.... Although the lame meme is my creation, the pic and phone is not mine ..

Not sure the broken clock phrase actually applies to you fella.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

Maybe HE did. But not sure the rest of your population with similar disabilities felt great watching their future president brutally demean them on a huge public stage like that.

How do you explain that one away to a disabled kid.

Comments

thesidedish: Tell them all ppl are different and that particular one is a pos
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

Maybe HE did. But not sure the rest of your population with similar disabilities felt great watching their future president brutally demean them on a huge public stage like that.

How do you explain that one away to a disabled kid.
    I'm sorry but kids with disabilities are not winners. As much as immigrants are a drain on society people with disabilities are worse. Aside from downward social comparison they provide little benefit and have no place in MAGA. Trust me once they are gone Trumpcare premiums will be at an all time low. Ship them off and send them to work on the high seas like they did in the old days. Their parents will be secretly thankful they no longer feel society's pressure to care for them.

Comments

LegalizeMeth: I'd take all the retards in the world over you bro

Lord of the Fraud: you're a nasty cunt........ but i lol'd

MumblesBadly: Trumpcare for them = Ice flows?

Load Metric
    meanwhile, in the senate

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    meanwhile, in the senate

If that's supposed to be Schumer they are pumping bullets into, I'm all for it.

Schumer is the sorry anti internet poker ass hole that had Preet Bharara appointed, and the first chance they got, they took i poker down.

Hope the fucker dies a slow horrible death.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 380
Size:  127.4 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    We are living in a really strange time right now.

The incoming President of the US has a Twitter addiction and uses it to bash any celebrity, TV show, or publication which criticizes him.

It's surreal to think about Donald sitting there with his phone and just firing out whatever's on his mind, with zero filter. Like, this is our President, folks.

Yes, it's pretty much an embarrassment to the US, as will many other antics of his in years to come.

At the same time, this is what you SJWs and liberal douchebags earned yourselves for 4 years.

Between the extreme political correctness, the baffling and repeated defense of Islam, the war on police, the vilification of white people, the glorification of the "rights" of obvious criminal scumbags, the obnoxious third wave feminism, and the not-at-all-subtle Hollywood/media collusion with the Hillary campaign (including the cover-ups and weird denials of her wrongdoings), the average American no longer recognized his own country. The "deplorables" comment was a huge gaffe, and was shockingly stupid, as Romney basically made the same (though more subtle) catastrophic mistake in 2012.

So when it came time to vote, that average American said to himself, "Trump is a baby and has all kinds of personality disorders, but fuck me if I'm going to vote for a candidate who is going to continue all of this bullshit."

Then there were others who saw Hillary for the piece of shit she was, and found it especially frustrating that her supporters (and the media) worked so hard to paint a different narrative, and in fact treated those who criticized her past as crazy conspiracy nuts.

This is what we have now. Trump is the President you liberals deserved.

I will be honest. Yes, I am concerned about Trump and what harm he might do, but at the same time, I am getting a good deal of enjoyment watching the panic, tilting, and triggering of the SJWs and Hollywood elite.

Trump isn't a king, and the actual damage he can do isn't likely to be catastrophic. You want to see an actual, empowered leader in action who IS doing dangerous things? Look at the Philippines right now. AND the people support him!

The election of Trump is essentially an over-correction to American frustration with the modern left. As I expect the American people to get quickly tired of President Trump, you will probably see a correction the other way in the 2018 election.

Comments

gut: well put

blake: pretty much

LarryLaffer: all you do is blame SJWs

Daniel72: enjoyment

Load Metric
    in other news, 90% of the right wing AM radio talk show crowd still considers the majority of SJW causes laughable while the rest of the civilized world considers them basic human rights.

Comments

hongkonger: Bingo.

LegalizeMeth: :sftrue

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    We are living in a really strange time right now.

The incoming President of the US has a Twitter addiction and uses it to bash any celebrity, TV show, or publication which criticizes him.

It's surreal to think about Donald sitting there with his phone and just firing out whatever's on his mind, with zero filter. Like, this is our President, folks.

Yes, it's pretty much an embarrassment to the US, as will many other antics of his in years to come.

At the same time, this is what you SJWs and liberal douchebags earned yourselves for 4 years.

Between the extreme political correctness, the baffling and repeated defense of Islam, the war on police, the vilification of white people, the glorification of the "rights" of obvious criminal scumbags, the obnoxious third wave feminism, and the not-at-all-subtle Hollywood/media collusion with the Hillary campaign (including the cover-ups and weird denials of her wrongdoings), the average American no longer recognized his own country. The "deplorables" comment was a huge gaffe, and was shockingly stupid, as Romney basically made the same (though more subtle) catastrophic mistake in 2012.

So when it came time to vote, that average American said to himself, "Trump is a baby and has all kinds of personality disorders, but fuck me if I'm going to vote for a candidate who is going to continue all of this bullshit."

Then there were others who saw Hillary for the piece of shit she was, and found it especially frustrating that her supporters (and the media) worked so hard to paint a different narrative, and in fact treated those who criticized her past as crazy conspiracy nuts.

This is what we have now. Trump is the President you liberals deserved.

I will be honest. Yes, I am concerned about Trump and what harm he might do, but at the same time, I am getting a good deal of enjoyment watching the panic, tilting, and triggering of the SJWs and Hollywood elite.

Trump isn't a king, and the actual damage he can do isn't likely to be catastrophic. You want to see an actual, empowered leader in action who IS doing dangerous things? Look at the Philippines right now. AND the people support him!

The election of Trump is essentially an over-correction to American frustration with the modern left. As I expect the American people to get quickly tired of President Trump, you will probably see a correction the other way in the 2018 election.
    I've been saying basically all of this as well, as my day-to-day interactions are about 80% with people who were "devastated" that HRC somehow lost.

One small point I think you missed also is a correlation to the 2000 election that happened here. When you have a 2-term prez who was very charismatic and generally likable, and then the next candidate from the party is.....not those things, you have to pretty much lose around 5%+ of the vote just off of that. Happened to Gore and HRC. Details were different, but the same general theme.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You know, I can't even say right now that the Dems will have big gains in 2018. In one way it looks obvious that it will happen.

However, most liberals have not learned from their mistakes. They are not picking apart Trump and asking themselves, "What about this guy appealed to so many Americans, despite all of his obvious major flaws?", and then adjusting their own behavior.

Instead, we are pretty much seeing a combination of whining, planned obstructionism, and business-as-usual with the political correctness.

Trump won thanks to a perception that, for all his flaws, he tells it like it is.

At the same time, you had the Obama Administration bending over backward to avoid saying "Islamic terrorism" after a domestic terror attack which was definitely Islamic terrorism.

Trump also won thanks to the perception that Hillary represented the Hollywood elite and the highly educated in the big cities, and pretty much no one else.

So what do we see?

Continued whining and soapboaxing from super-rich, out-of-touch celebrities.

If the Democratic Party is attempting to get across to those swing voters in Michigan and Wisconsin that their interests are represented, they are doing a piss poor job, even in the past 2 months since the election.

Comments

LegalizeMeth: better than super-rich, out-of-touch "poker players"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    in other news, 90% of the right wing AM radio talk show crowd still considers the majority of SJW causes laughable while the rest of the civilized world considers them basic human rights.
    That's not even true, though. That's the unfortunate perception of the Democratic Party, though, and why they keep flopping so badly.

Even where the SJWs have a legitimate point, they take their positions to such laughable and ridiculous extremes that everyone tunes them out and laughs at them.

Your SJWs are pretty much the equivalent to the GOP's religious right. Enjoy dealing with that.

In the meantime, a flamboyant openly gay man like Milo takes the stage at GOP events, and gets a rousing ovation.

As a Republican, I am enjoying how the Democratic Party remains so out-of-touch. They could easily correct their course as they did after their beatdown in 1994 due to somewhat similar issues, but at the moment they are still too stubborn to attempt to do so.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW Nixon's "silent majority" theory has never been more apparent than it was in the 2016 election.

Those voters are the most dangerous, as they are difficult to poll, and are often difficult to influence via Hollywood and the media.

Right now Trump has those voters.

Load Metric
    Granted I tend to lean libertarian politically, but this write up I thought was the best I read after the election.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/11/...ibertarianism/

Silver Lining: The Media has Lost Control of the Narrative

I want to talk about some of the silver linings in this awful election, and one of the most obvious is this: technology really has allowed us to override the media gatekeepers, challenge the official narrative, consume real news and real facts, and threaten the political establishment’s grip on public opinion. The information genie is out of the bottle, and it’s not going back. In the digital world, people are abandoning what Tom Woods calls the 3×5 index card of allowable opinion and having real debates, without any media filter.

It’s possible to get the “news” from social media feeds tailored to one’s own viewpoint. So when CNN, for example, shows poll results that suggest a certain trend, we’re all supposed to accept this as gospel truth. But if CNN never shows up in your social media feed, and you don’t watch CNN (and I know you don’t), it’s as though the poll never happened, at least for you. And there are more and more people turning off and going around the gatekeepers. The bottom line is that the media and the parties have lost control of the approved narrative.

Our challenge is not getting information; it’s sifting through all of it. The avalanche of 24-hour news, websites, and social media creates so much white noise that the political class actually hides its criminality in plain view. They just hope it gets drowned out. In the Watergate era, one simple story — a burglary — held the country in thrall for months. Today, every WikiLeaks dump seems to contain the seeds of a thousand Watergates. The information is there for anyone who wants to find it. So it’s not that we don’t know what politicians are up to, it’s that we know too much — and a kind of fatigue sets in that entices us to shrug and accept it.

Silver Lining: Progressives Have Been Exposed

Consider another silver lining: Progressives and Democrats have been fully exposed as the illiberal authoritarians they’ve always been, regardless of their stated policies or objectives. The election has made plain their real character, their reactionary tactics, and their now-open agenda. The idea that conservatives exist, or even participate in elections, is an affront to them. The 2016 election has brought this reality home to average people in so many ways — but it is especially visible in the open hatred and contempt for Trump supporters. Whatever you think of Trump, this public unmasking of the Left is something new.

People in this room already know what real liberalism is. But the people who stole that word, today’s progressives, do not. They are not building a blue-collar working class movement, to put it mildly. These are not your father’s liberals, organizing union halls or telling us to make love, not war. They care nothing about civil liberties, and as for peace, well, just look at the who’s who of neoconservatives endorsing Hillary Clinton. And we’re not just talking about crazy college kids who will grow out of it or a handful of Marxist radicals. Mainstream Democrats, including Hillary and Obama, are directly responsible for using identity politics to further themselves by inflaming hatred and distrust.

And as for the Left’s sacred love for democracy, they now openly discuss abandoning democratic outcomes when the retrogrades have the audacity to vote the wrong way. We’ve seen this with the Brexit vote in the UK, and we’ve seen it here when the New York Times ponders how to nullify votes from unwanted segments of the electorate.

Notice the progressive tactic of floating outrageous trial balloons, and then retreating to a halfway position that by comparison sounds almost sensible. So when a small group starts demanding that we all use 31 gender pronouns, we can laugh it off as absurd. But it plants a seed for the future. When an actress posts an animated video celebrating the extinction of white males, we can dismiss her as a hateful lunatic. But where will the conversation be in a few years?

And yes, progressives use the state to advance their goals. Many of you probably heard about the University of Toronto professor who is under fire for refusing to use those 31 gender pronouns. He may well lose his job, and beyond that may be summoned before a government tribunal to pay a stiff fine. If you think that criminal speech codes are not coming soon to America because of the First Amendment, I have to disagree.

And even when no criminal sanction is forthcoming, progressives set out to destroy the lives of those who disagree with them. Case in point is the NYU professor who created a pseudonym to tweet mocking criticisms of campus PC. He has been thrown under the bus by his administrators, placed on leave, and may well be fired. So while he may never face criminal sanctions like his Canadian counterpart, he will live the rest of his life in a jail cell of sorts. His academic career, relationships, and finances will all shrink. He will be boxed in and his life will get smaller.

This is who progressives are today: religious enforcers of an approved worldview based on an ever-shifting PC code. One thing is certain, and this is where so many libertarians go wrong: the overwhelming threat to liberty today is from the Left, not the Right. It’s frankly silly to pretend otherwise, much as we correctly insist that we are not conservatives. The existential threat to liberty is not posed by 5 skinhead idiots running around in the woods somewhere wearing bedsheets, it’s posed by millions of progressive authoritarians who are everywhere— like the one teaching civics at your kid’s school. But they’ve overplayed their hand in the 2016 election and awakened millions of Americans as a result.

Silver Lining: The Right has Self-Destructed

Let’s not kid ourselves, though, that the right is any better just because it lacks power. But talk about silver linings: we are witnessing the death of the Republican Party before our eyes. It’s incredible to watch, even though it was always inevitable: demographic changes in states like Texas and Florida already doomed the GOP to extinction as a national party. But Trump and the election have accelerated this reality.

Let’s face it: Today’s conservatives don’t conserve anything, except political jobs. And the GOP is a party that never stood for much of anything, except war and banks.

The modern GOP is a globalist, militarist, corporatist, and anti-populist. The Right chose neoconservatism over non-interventionism, Wall Street over Main Street, city over the country, and the managerial state in DC over federalism and state’s rights. They chose the Fed over gold, Lockheed Martin over Woolworth, and Goldman Sachs over your Hometown Bank and Trust. They rejoiced in the rise of the 20th-century imperial presidency. They chose supply-side over laissez-faire, Milton Friedman over Mises, tax credits over constitutionalism. They embraced the welfare and regulatory states, instead of making the optimistic case for capitalism and ownership and opportunity. They’ve allowed the Left to cast them as racists and reactionaries. They blessed entitlements just to keep their cushy seats in Congress and their political perks. They chose to nationalize social issues and cede huge amounts of illegal power to the Supreme Court. They chose John McCain and Mitt Romney over Ron Paul!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, this is a movement that deserves to perish! Conservatives, and their Republican Party vehicle have lost any claim to the mantle of private property and personal liberty. They exist solely to be “less progressive” than progressives while accepting the underlying principle that the state runs our lives: the only questions are how it does so, to what degree it does so, and toward what ends it does so.

The Way Forward is Right in Front of Us

While we can celebrate the decline and fall of the media and 2 parties, we also have to recognize that we have been given a gift. A gift of clarity, as the facade of democratic elections cracks. A gift of dissatisfaction, of animosity toward the state and the political class. A gift of populism, with all of its inherent opportunities and dangers.

The 2016 election is a gift, and our job is to unwrap it: to turn the nation’s contempt for politicians into contempt for politics itself. But to do this we need the courage to rebrand libertarianism.

I didn’t say we need a “new” libertarianism because there is no such thing. Liberty is simply the negation of state power in society — not a political third way between Left and Right and not a hybrid ideology. No, what we need is a new libertarian branding, we need better sales and marketing, not a new product. We already know liberty works. Theory and history prove this. But liberty hasn’t endured, has never been widely understood or accepted, and is always under assault.

We might even have to reconsider the term “libertarian,” much as it pains me to say it. As Mises predicted, socialists successfully hijacked our rightful label — liberalism — and we don’t have decades to reclaim it. As a brand, libertarianism — at least the milquetoast version being peddled very unsuccessfully by Gary Johnson and Bill Weld — needs a makeover. We are not “low-tax liberals,” we don’t impress anyone by parroting meaningless progressive slogans like “social inclusion,” and we don’t advance liberty by claiming to share progressive ends. Our winning message is not Democrat-lite, Republican-lite, and it’s definitely not libertarian-lite!

The Johnson/Weld approach has resulted in a huge wasted opportunity to reach out and win this election’s biggest prize — millions of disaffected conservatives ready to abandon the GOP for a candidate as unlikely as Trump — all because of some masochistic need to convince progressives that we’re not mean heartless right wingers. And yet how many angry Bernie-ites or Occupy Wall Streeters will actually vote for Mr. Johnson, rather than Hillary or Jill Stein?

But it’s not just the current campaign. Libertarians have for decades made the enormous mistake of appearing hostile to family, to religion, to tradition, to culture, and to social institutions — in other words, to civil society itself! Yet civil society is by definition the very means by which we organize human affairs without the state. And do we really not understand that family is the first, last, and most important line of defense for the individual against the government?

The strategic cost has been incalculable. Liberty has been sold as an ideology for atomized individuals, for soulless economic actors concerned only with getting rich in the gig economy, for drug and sex-obsessed libertines, for people without any allegiance to anything other than their own immediate self-interests.

What a mistake! If we know anything about human nature, it is that we all desire to be part of something bigger than ourselves. Just because we as libertarians don’t want that something to be the state doesn’t change this! Yes, nationalism that goes hand in hand with statism and militarism is dangerous. But we can’t wish away the entirely natural human impulse to form in-groups and alliances in a dangerous and unpredictable world. Should we denounce Cherokee nationalism? Should we shut down Oktoberfest and St. Patrick’s Day, on the grounds that it’s wrong to celebrate identity in every sense?

Liberty shouldn’t separate us from our families or the fabric of our communities; on the contrary, it should enhance the community. I look forward to the day when being a libertarian is unremarkable, like having green eyes or being Catholic or having particular tastes in music. Liberty should offer the binding glue of cooperation, not some unnatural hyper-individualism, divorced from human experience.

So let us promote a different vision of liberty, a robust, muscular, pragmatic vision that accords with reality and human nature. One that is not at war with culture, tradition, family, religion, and community. One that fits the world as it is: hardboiled, pragmatic, results-oriented, focused on issues and market solutions.

An effective libertarian message must be:

proudly pro-property, pro-ownership, pro-trade, and anti-welfarism;
    unapologetically anti-state, anti-Fed, anti-globalist, and anti-war;
    openly supportive of decentralization, secession, and localism;
    unafraid to appeal to populism and bourgeois materialism; and
    welcoming toward religion, tradition, and family.

In other words, we should re-brand libertarianism to fit the world as it is, to sell in the marketplace of human action. This is the moment liberty-minded people have been waiting for — the biggest political and social upheaval since the 1960s. The way forward is right in front of us, if only we choose to see it. Thank you very much

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also the Dems are getting close to losing the reliable gay male voting bloc.

They represent like 5% of the US population, are very economically successful as a whole, and are getting increasingly frustrated with the Democratic support of a religion which advocates killing them.

A few more Orlando type attacks coupled with the "not Islam's fault" reaction from Dems, and they're gong to lose those votes forever.

Load Metric
    That's not even true, though. That's the unfortunate perception of the Democratic Party, though, and why they keep flopping so badly.

Even where the SJWs have a legitimate point, they take their positions to such laughable and ridiculous extremes that everyone tunes them out and laughs at them.

Your SJWs are pretty much the equivalent to the GOP's religious right. Enjoy dealing with that.

In the meantime, a flamboyant openly gay man like Milo takes the stage at GOP events, and gets a rousing ovation.

As a Republican, I am enjoying how the Democratic Party remains so out-of-touch. They could easily correct their course as they did after their beatdown in 1994 due to somewhat similar issues, but at the moment they are still too stubborn to attempt to do so.

ehhhhhnnnn...

im really not sure those people applauding had the slightest idea who or what milo was, is the thing.

i think this election boiled down to the middle class having three choices;

1) accept that manufacturing was dead in the US and nothing was going to bring it back.

2) jesus

3) trump's litany of total bullshit, which was basically a web of total fantasy bullshit bespoken to address the specific existential threats facing middle class america.

normally the democrats bread and butter is trying to soften the blow of #1, but trump put hillary in a position where she had to either counter with her own Total Bullshit or admit the middle class was fucked if they dont embrace education and self actualization (the Bernie approach).

and she did exactly neither. she scrapped her core messages while replacing them with exactly nothing. and so the middle class, recognizing that the standard Jesus-brand republican agenda was totally and laughably useless to them, chose to embrace the Trump agenda because they really had no other viable options.

and the thing is, its not going to work out for them, least of all because im already hoarding pictures of lobster and cocaine to plaster their facebook groups with once the breadlines start.

the future is going to be extreme progressives getting their shit blown out of the water by centerist democrats, while the Christpublicans maintain just enough influence to make sure Indiana, Kentucky, Kansas, and Texas provide gristle for our boots-on-the-ground global SWAT force adventures.

again, not because one is right and one is wrong, but because trump just cashed your parties check for generations.

Comments

Henry:

LarryLaffer:

gimmick:

Load Metric
    shame that Biden didn't run I think we can all agree Joe B would better than Trump or clinton

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    shame that Biden didn't run I think we can all agree Joe B would better than Trump or clinton

Probably. But given what we now know about the DNC, do you think he would have had a chance in the primary? I don't. The Clintons were owed lots of favors by lots of important people and that is how the chips fell -- in the primary at least.

Load Metric
    Biden has had way too many senior moments to survive a primary.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Milo was not the gay guy at GOP convention btw, it was PayPal founder Peter theil

Thread Information