Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post

It is a 90 day thing and I am using it to also add about 15 hours of content to Vegas Poker Radio.... A rough patch does not automatically equal the end of a 12 year career.

I can probably keep myself in action for the rest of my life the way some of those guys do (micon, iceman, etc) but i have no interest in that.. this is more me saying okay... im not gonna be like micon, i am gonna give this one more effort, document it all and if its a failure im done for good...

Ideally I would like to go back to school but that shits expensive and my nut still has to get covered every month, I have a kid etc, and this is how I know how to do it, but that doesn't mean I wont be proactive to avoid the situation in the future. Win or Lose I will use the time and money to better myself.
If you decide to go back to school please do yourself one huge favor. Do it WITHOUT student loans. Period. You will be paying that off, regardless of whether you graduate, for many years of the rest of your life. Especially going back to school at your age. Ask your girlfriend. Student loans are the anchor around her neck and I don't even know her. She prob has 100k in loans yet makes 30k a year.

Go to school during the day. Deliver pizzas at night to pay for it. I did this. I have no debt in the world. None. Not even a house.

Check into federal grants you may qualify for. You may qualify for more than you'd think.

Also, federal loans are not bankruptable. Meaning you will pay those fuckers no matter what happens in your life. Most kids just out of high school have no concept of money and they make the mistake of blindly signing for decades of payments. You're better than that.
Im not gonna get loans, your pretty close to accurate about Emily and its insane to me.... I am hoping this project will provide a vehicle for me to do those things and still cover my month to month expenses... that would be ideal, that way i don't have to do things like give up radio... if it comes down to juggling school, a job, my daughter and a radio show something will have to give in that and its not hard to see it in order of priority, but i want to avoid that road.