Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Bryan Micon Story

Load Metric
    Micon's girl sounds completely insane, but damn she's a down ass bitch. Think I'd take a psycho chick who is ride or die like that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    byron micron delivers

Name:  iconmeeeee-1 (1).jpg
Views: 432
Size:  9.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    byron micron delivers

We are really doing it now. The "Balls Are Showing $500 Freeroll" will go down on January 13th at 9pm EST, only on Poolstars. Poolstars is an online pool game where you play 9-ball, 8-ball, or Snooker for fun or real money versus other real humans (legal in the USA). The game is very smooth and gameplay is much more fun than you think. Practice up, half of Pfa is already signed up and playing for real money. Check out the thread which has links to Youtube Poolstars tutorials to get your broke ass up to speed before you all get worked in the freeroll.

Load Metric
    Anyone saying that Todd was the reason why DD failed and that it would have thrived without him either a) has delusions that the old nwp would have still worked today or even 2012 for that matter (Tine) b) wanted to troll todd for one reason or another back than and currently (old school skatz, lurker, minty) c) wasn't there from the beginning and didn't see the ship sinking by the end of nwp.

For me what made it clear that it was falling apart was the scotch show. One of the most epic DD radio shows ever. However, even before that it was painfully obvious that micon only kept todd around because of his "fame" and as a safety net. I know more about the inner workers now than I did in late 05-09, but even a lurker or fairly unknown poster like myself could notice the dynamics between Todd and Micon. Micon needed Todd more than Todd needed micon and everything falling apart at the end wasn't Todd's fault but Micon's.

Anyone pissed that nwp/dd is dead, be pissed at the spastic nerd who thought he was above you and treated you like shit, not the guy who kept it together and now "runs this site at a loss".

Also Tine, I love you man, but your amazingly written manifesto was def geared towards an agenda that wasnt objective and more than punitive toward Todd's part in the end of nwp/dd.

Comments

BlunderMaker: this

limp donk bingo: Fucking Duh

SysOp: great post
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    Wow look at Blake out here just mansplaining

Yo, did you see where Badguy23 called me mosquito tits?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    Micon's girl sounds completely insane, but damn she's a down ass bitch. Think I'd take a psycho chick who is ride or die like that.
    FWIW i hung out with her a few times and she was always the opposite of insane, and very friendly. Micon was a bit arrogant, but nice to me. Micon is very Machiavellian. He doesn't necessarily care about friends, he seems to care more about what people can do for him. He was bffs with Druff and Brandon for a long time. My guess is he dropped them because he decided they couldn't do anything for him, or what they could do for him wasn't worth his time. All of the high stakes jocks of poker loved him tho. He can be a very personable and fun guy when he wants to be.

Load Metric
    ... He doesn't necessarily care about friends, he seems to care more about what people can do for him. He was bffs with Druff and Brandon for a long time. My guess is he dropped them because he decided they couldn't do anything for him, or what they could do for him wasn't worth his time.
    Your intuition is pretty good here.

Micon is about the science. He is the first to tell you that.

He is using advanced analytics to manage his relationships when everyone else is going by feel.

He may like a guy but in the end he trusts the math.

Haters are gonna hate but years later everyone inevitably shakes their head in astonishment.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post

Which is pretty unfair, I'm betting your tits have been sucked by many more people than they themselves have sucked.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post

Again, science. You in this ad Kilgore?

Comments

Kilgore Trout: Minuteman 4LIFE

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    byron micron delivers

We are really doing it now. The "Balls Are Showing $500 Freeroll" will go down on January 13th at 9pm EST, only on Poolstars. Poolstars is an online pool game where you play 9-ball, 8-ball, or Snooker for fun or real money versus other real humans (legal in the USA). The game is very smooth and gameplay is much more fun than you think. Practice up, half of Pfa is already signed up and playing for real money. Check out the thread which has links to Youtube Poolstars tutorials to get your broke ass up to speed before you all get worked in the freeroll.
    I won that, I think 1st was $150 in poolstars money which was useless and ended up selling it to macon marc for maybe $75

Load Metric
    CHARGE IT TO THE GAME

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsSatire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyno View Post

I won that, I think 1st was $150 in poolstars money which was useless and ended up selling it to macon marc for maybe $75
    Lost in the annals (anals?) of history is the story of Micon cheating you out of some kind of contest or freeroll win. You even PM'd me asking for help. I don't remember the details anymore. I do remember feeling like you were in the right, but Micon wouldn't budge, and it was his contest, so I didn't have any say in the matter. This was on NWP, not DD. (If it were DD, I could have forced the matter more.)

Can you give us more details?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Lost in the annals (anals?) of history is the story of Micon cheating you out of some kind of contest or freeroll win. You even PM'd me asking for help. I don't remember the details anymore. I do remember feeling like you were in the right, but Micon wouldn't budge, and it was his contest, so I didn't have any say in the matter. This was on NWP, not DD. (If it were DD, I could have forced the matter more.)

Did't he screw chaps out of a vegas trip too? I could ask chaps i the aim chat room, but more fun to discuss it on a public forum

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Poor Macon Marc was great at every game except the one which mattered -- poker.

When all of us got together and played basically anything, Marc was always the best one. This includes that LOL Poolstars thing that Pokernews started up for awhile.

However, Marc was never better than a breakeven poker player, even during the poker boom when it wasn't all that tough to be better than a breakeven player.

I was the one who ruined Marc's shot at glory.

There was a $1500 NL event at the WSOP which took place during the Main Event. It was similar to the Little One for One Drop which took place this year. After you busted the Main, if you're still around, you could go play other events.

In 2006, I was doing fairly well in one of these, and there were only 17 people left. I was one of them, with about a short-average stack, and Macon Marc, to my direct right, was the table shortstack.

Shannon Elizabeth (yes, THAT Shannon Elizabeth) had busted in 35th, but wasn't at my table.

A few people from NWP had a piece of Macon, including Micon who had like 25%. Top prize was $153k.

Anwyay, I had A5o on the BB. Folded to Macon on the SB, who had T9o. He shoved in his short stack, which was standard. I snap-called him, which was also standard.

Flop came 9 high, and Micon was elated. Then an ace hit the turn, and it looked like someone had just kicked Micon in the stomach. River was a blank, and Marc was out.

I felt a bit bad for Marc, because I knew this was his one chance to finally get a poker bankroll, but not too bad, as we weren't that close, and I also needed chips.

I did tell Marc that was unlucky, and shook his hand. I didn't celebrate or gloat in any way. Marc took it well, though I'm sure he was dying inside.

Micon ran up to me and yelled at me for it.

"How could you have called that?? Didn't you know I had 25% of him? You had A5o? You had to gamble there? Why couldn't you just let him have it??"

I told Micon that I was competing for this, too, and that I wasn't going to collude with Marc to keep him in. I told him that calling any ace there was super-standard, and he actually argued about that (lol).

Marc only got $3,953 for cashing 17th.

I made it to 4th and got $34,589.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=15860

As a side note, the "Zvi Stern" who finished 3rd isn't the Zvi Stern you probably think it is. He was a middle-aged guy (the one known today would have been mid-20s back then), and he was super nice to me upon realizing that my dad was from Israel. The guy was very patriotic for his home country, and it was very important to him for Israel to win this event, and I think he saw me as technically Israeli because of my dad. Jewish conspiracy, obv.

Banned
    Load Metric

not before you give us details regarding scottyno's ip

Load Metric
    All my Macon Mark stories end with Druff cashing for 5 figures, too. That's so weird.

Comments

gauchojake: lol

JACKDANIELS: oh snap

gimmick:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Did't he screw chaps out of a vegas trip too? I could ask chaps i the aim chat room, but more fun to discuss it on a public forum
    Chaps got screwed by Peter DC, who held a contest and then vanished when it came out that he was a career scammer.

At the time, it was ambiguous who should be responsible on NWP/DD if the site held a contest sponsored by a user, and the user then reneged on his promise to contribute the prize.

Jasep did something similar, except in this case it wasn't a free contest as it had been with Peter. Jasep collected entry fees and ran the contest himself, and then of course kept everything. But this happened on a smaller scale, and I actually recovered the money for everyone shortly before Jasep vanished the first time.

These two incidents led to the creation of the PFA rule where all entry fees have to be held in escrow by me, and where all freerolls over $200 also need to have their prizes escrowed by me. In addition, users here play contests/freerolls with the understanding now that I will not cover their win if the guy sponsoring it screws everyone (though again, it can never be more than $200, because I won't let anyone run a free contest for more than that without sending me the $ first).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    All my Macon Mark stories end with Druff cashing for 5 figures, too. That's so weird.
    Wasn't a brag post.

Given that the story with Marc ended with me busting him in 17th, obviously someone would have asked where I ended up finishing, so I just mentioned it.

Banned
    Load Metric

Chaps got screwed by Peter DC, who held a contest and then vanished when it came out that he was a career scammer.

At the time, it was ambiguous who should be responsible on NWP/DD if a site held a contest sponsored by a user, and the user then reneged on his promise to contribute the prize.

Jasep did something similar, except in this case it wasn't a free contest as it had been with Peter. Jasep collected entry fees and ran the contest himself, and then of course kept everything. But this happened on a smaller scale, and I actually recovered the money for everyone shortly before Jasep vanished the first time.

These two incidents led to the creation of the PFA rule where all entry fees have to be held in escrow by me, and where all freerolls over $200 also need to have their prizes escrowed by me. In addition, users here play contests/freerolls with the understanding now that I will not cover their win if the guy sponsoring it screws everyone (though again, it can never be more than $200, because I won't let anyone run a free contest for more than that without sending me the $ first).
    I vaguely was boned by peterdc as well, before he was ultimately outed as being a scammer he offered me a suite at multiple properties ie wynn bell etc

I fly in with a few of my friends and check in to my comped room at PH, after they get settled in I give a call to peter and he tells me his phone is fucked up and he's on his way from LA to LV and would call me when he gets in to town. I'm not exactly desperate for the room but thought it would be a nice touch for my friends who had never been to vegas and I call him back to which his phone rings out and I never hear from him ever again.

Seems miniscule and I had already had the trip all planned out and set up but if I were banking on peter I would have been pissing in to the proverbial wind and juggling my balls in front of my friends. One thing that I did right was not mention to them the possible free suite by virtue of someone from the internet, as it seemed to me that would sound weird. So they ever knew and our trip was just fine.

also fun fact when we checked in to the room we came in the "back door" and paris hilton was just standing there, as she was recently banned from her own prop at the time and later that week busted on the strip with cocaine.

Load Metric
    Macon Marc was a good guy. I remember when i went bust once he put me on his account and let me play with the $400 he had on there cause he felt bad and I had helped him, even tho he was pretty darn broke at the time. I didn't ask for it or anything, he just did it. Whats he up to these days? Kinda wish i could talk to him again for a minute to say hi

Thread Information