Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nobody's talking about it, but Los Angeles might get hit with its rainiest day ever on Friday

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Nobody's talking about it, but Los Angeles might get hit with its rainiest day ever on Friday

I really don't get this.

In southern California, they typically start clogging the news with "STORM WATCH" nonsense whenever 0.5 inches of rain is forecasted.

Here a real badass storm is coming to town, and nobody seems to give a shit.

On Friday, February 17, the Los Angeles area is forecasted to get between 3 and 5 inches of rain.

How rare is this?

In the past 60 years, Los Angeles has seen 4.8 inches or more in a day only ONCE -- 5.55 inches in December 2004.

If the storm somehow drops more than 5.88 inches (keep in mind the forecast keeps increasing the amount of rain expected with each passing day), then it will be an all-time record.

We will likely see floods, death, destruction, etc.

For some reason, nobody gives a shit right now, perhaps because it was 73 degrees and sunny there today.

Feel free to bump this when it turns into an epic disaster, or if it peters out and nothing of note occurs.

Comments

FPS_Russia: The new normal: Stronger storms and longer droughts.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I live in LA and haven't heard anything about this pending storm. I guess if it happens, the drought will be officially over.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Shout out to that dam in Oroville

Comments

RichardBrodiesCombover.: Rofl

Load Metric
    This storm is being exaggerated by the media for ratings and won't cause any serious problems, just like Hurricane Katrina.

Comments

El Gallo: Lol

zealanddonk: Donald Trump hates black people rep
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Shout out to that dam in Oroville
    That dam issue is an example of shitty priorites as usual in the libtard land.. If they had spent the money to keep things maintained instead of free handouts for the millions of illegals in Cali maybe the damn thing never would've happened..

Load Metric
    I'm at commerce druff. Come say hi.

Load Metric
    I keep getting flash flood warnings and high surf advisories on my phone and it hasn't even started raining yet.

Load Metric
    raining yet?

Load Metric
    i have a suggestion to keep you all occupied, learn to swim.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: Fuck L Ron Hubbard, and fuck all his clones. Fuck all these gun-toting, hip gangster wannabes rep

gauchojake: well played sir

Load Metric
    Here's what the mountains directly north of Ontario, CA, looked like a couple days ago:

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 447
Size:  105.0 KB

And here's a view of the mountains north of San Bernadino, CA, today.

Views: 474
Size:  73.0 KB

And a weather alert from our risk mgmt desk earlier this AM.

Views: 482
Size:  132.1 KB

Comments

Crowe Diddly: windy AF rep
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    I'm pretty sure I could use Badguy's generator tonight

Load Metric
    Looking like California isnt the only ones in the bullseye.. They just issues a flood watch for those of us in the Metro Phoenix area as well. Also they were dumping water out of a couple lakes run by SRP due to expected significant rain and snowfall across the state

Platinum
    Load Metric
    It has been sprinkling since early this morning, but it just started raining heavy a couple hours ago. I guess this is supposed to continue unabated into tomorrow.

The streets in the city are actually pretty empty, as between the storm and the long holiday weekend it appears a lot of people just didn't go to work at all.

Comments

MumblesBadly: A trucker's question: What's a long holiday weekend?

Kuntmissioner: Enjoy; eastcoasters are used to these conditions, except SNOW

Load Metric
    Is going from -10c on Thursday (and a bunch of snow) to +13 tomorrow.

Or for the Americans 14f to 55f.

Quite a swing....Likely some flooding too.

Load Metric
    Just looked at our extended forecast .. Looks like the below normal temps from January are returning.. Down in the 60s this weekend with rain.. Couple days back in the 70s and then stuck in the mid-upper 60s starting next Thursday for roughly 10days everything 66-69 degrees.. I'm ok with that other then having to likely kick the heat on again burning gas.. Last month due to the cooler temps my bill with City of Mesa for Water Sewer Trash was 30% higher then normal due to increased gas consumption having to run the heat at night because good ole desert gets cold at night when its only in the 60s daytime we drop into the upper 30s to low 40s.. Curious as to what this means for the summer.. Below normal and avoiding the blast furnace 110+ would be nice.. (Odd thing is this winter has been what the had predicted for last winter with the LA Nina even with the excess rain in Cali its like they were off by an entire year).

Comments

Hockey Guy: lol, thx I needed the laugh. "Down in the 60's" ROFL

Load Metric

Comments

MumblesBadly: Holy fuck!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Just looked at our extended forecast .. Looks like the below normal temps from January are returning.. Down in the 60s this weekend with rain.. Couple days back in the 70s and then stuck in the mid-upper 60s starting next Thursday for roughly 10days everything 66-69 degrees.. I'm ok with that other then having to likely kick the heat on again burning gas.. Last month due to the cooler temps my bill with City of Mesa for Water Sewer Trash was 30% higher then normal due to increased gas consumption having to run the heat at night because good ole desert gets cold at night when its only in the 60s daytime we drop into the upper 30s to low 40s.. Curious as to what this means for the summer.. Below normal and avoiding the blast furnace 110+ would be nice.. (Odd thing is this winter has been what the had predicted for last winter with the LA Nina even with the excess rain in Cali its like they were off by an entire year).
    You need heat when it's in the 60s?

Comments

simpdog: Lol ya wtf. 55 here and kids wearing shorts it was just 10 two days ago
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Not int he daytime but it gets cold at night being the desert you missed the point above where it tends to drop into the upper 30s and low 40s at night and rather quickly once the sun goes down.. Wife bitches if it gets below 70 in the house so we compromise..

Load Metric
    literally nothing worse than east coast and midwest fags who go SIXTY DEGREES??? THATS SHORTS WEATHER YOU PUSSIES

like honestly stop now

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Not int he daytime but it gets cold at night being the desert you missed the point above where it tends to drop into the upper 30s and low 40s at night and rather quickly once the sun goes down.. Wife bitches if it gets below 70 in the house so we compromise..
    Fair enough. But doesn't your house retain enough heat to make it through the night? I guess they're all different.
    HILLARY WON

Thread Information