Thread: **Attention Drexel** - and possibly others - let's bet this!

Load Metric

**Attention Drexel** - and possibly others - let's bet this!

Ok, so a couple of radio shows ago, Drexel mentioned that he'd like to take "the Field" (i.e., non poker pros/celebrities) in a bet for the Onedrop WSOP million dollar event.

After some back and forth delayed-response PMs that went nowhere, and after looking over the "confirmed" and "probable" entrants to this event, here is what I propose... THIS OFFER IS FOR DREXEL ONLY. (If he rejects it, I *may* open it up to others here... for an amount up to $100 total, provided your money is escrowed, etc.)

Terms:
    **If Bertrand “ElkY” Grospellier, Faraz Jaka, Bobby Baldwin, Brett Richey, Shawn Deeb, Bob Bright, Cary Katz, Daniel Negreanu, Daniel Shak, Erik Seidel, Gus Hansen, Johnny Chan, Jonathan Duhamel, Justin Smith, Patrik Antonius, Tom Dwan, Jean Robert Bellande, Phil Ivey, Tony Guoga. Victor "Isildur1" Blom, Jason Mercier, Eugene Katchalov, Antonio Esfandiari or Isaac Haxton win the event, Drexel pays me $100**

**If any OTHER poker pro or poker celebrity wins the event, our bet is a push -- neither of us pays.** (We can use common sense here -- online grinder or significant hendon mob presence or known in high-stakes cash games, or poker t.v. appearances; or we can ask someone like Druff to arbitrate the term "poker pro or poker celebrity" if we can't agree).

**If anyone else (i.e., a non poker pro, wealthy businessman, super-satellite winner) wins the event, I pay Drexel $115**

The event is supposedly capped at 48. I've listed 24 pros and I'm giving up odds (100 paid vs. 115 paid).

What say you, Drexel?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
    Ok, so a couple of radio shows ago, Drexel mentioned that he'd like to take "the Field" (i.e., non poker pros/celebrities) in a bet for the Onedrop WSOP million dollar event.

After some back and forth delayed-response PMs that went nowhere, and after looking over the "confirmed" and "probable" entrants to this event, here is what I propose... THIS OFFER IS FOR DREXEL ONLY. (If he rejects it, I *may* open it up to others here... for an amount up to $100 total, provided your money is escrowed, etc.)

Terms:
    **If Bertrand “ElkY” Grospellier, Faraz Jaka, Bobby Baldwin, Brett Richey, Shawn Deeb, Bob Bright, Cary Katz, Daniel Negreanu, Daniel Shak, Erik Seidel, Gus Hansen, Johnny Chan, Jonathan Duhamel, Justin Smith, Patrik Antonius, Tom Dwan, Jean Robert Bellande, Phil Ivey, Tony Guoga. Victor "Isildur1" Blom, Jason Mercier, Eugene Katchalov, Antonio Esfandiari or Isaac Haxton win the event, Drexel pays me $100**

**If any OTHER poker pro or poker celebrity wins the event, our bet is a push -- neither of us pays.** (We can use common sense here -- online grinder or significant hendon mob presence or known in high-stakes cash games, or poker t.v. appearances; or we can ask someone like Druff to arbitrate the term "poker pro or poker celebrity" if we can't agree).

**If anyone else (i.e., a non poker pro, wealthy businessman, super-satellite winner) wins the event, I pay Drexel $115**

The event is supposedly capped at 48. I've listed 24 pros and I'm giving up odds (100 paid vs. 115 paid).

What say you, Drexel?
    So funny you just posted this. I just sent you a pm regarding this. Let me know what you think of my idea. Lol I hadnt looked at the registration list as of late, but is Brett Richey registered???

Either way, we'll figure out the terms. You got a wager.

Load Metric
    Lol, no problem, Drexel. Just got your PM.

I'll let you decide. Either this bet or the one proposed in your PM is fine.

If you choose the 'my 14 vs. your 16' for $100 vs $100, then I agree we should clarify your 16 BY NAME before or shortly after the event starts, and then if someone ELSE (whether pro OR amateur) wins it, then it is a push.

Let me know which of the two bets is BOOKED.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Drex you are getting shafted here.

Even money is laughable if the two sides are close with how many players you are getting (24 and 24 right?)

Load Metric
    How did hell did John Robert Bellande get a million dollar backer? Is this a level?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Drex you are getting shafted here.

Even money is laughable if the two sides are close with how many players you are getting (24 and 24 right?)
    There is no 24 vs 24 even money bet. I'll post the details if Drex accepts (or he can post them if he wants) -- the even money bet is 14 vs 16 with some chance of a push if certain pros win.
    There is also a chance they raise the 48 cap (in which case the 115-100 bet above is better for Drex but doesn't improve for me).

Whateva-- I'm not offended if you want to counsel and convince Drexel not to take either bet.
    Last edited by Sandwich; 06-06-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    How did hell did John Robert Bellande get a million dollar backer? Is this a level?
    Nope it is true
    https://twitter.com/BrokeLivingJRB/status/210158531289169920

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...l#post33137020

The 4 trolls think he has 95 % paid for at least, by backers and maybe only Guy,.
    I don't get this guy at all, he has turned being broke, into becoming one of the biggest names in poker, outside of poker.

I do still love that Survivor,
    "what is better than a million dollars? A millions dollars and a piece of ass."
    I'm sure he picked that up at a poker tourney.

Load Metric
    To be clear, I have not seen any updated registration list and have no idea if Brett Richey or JRB are playing. The list above was compiled from the "confirmed" list that Drexel, Druff and Vwls talked about on radio a few weeks ago plus various others that have been talked about and tweeted about as "possible" in the 2p2 thread about this event.

Remember, all of this started with Drexel's claim on radio that he thinks a "nonpro/non-celebrity" will win this event. I'm trying to somehow account for the fact that, at this point, we don't know exactly who will be playing, trying to figure out a fair way to structure such a bet to deal with the uncertainty of how many pros and unknowns will sign up last minute.

For the record, the 14 vs. 16 proposed wager is based on the "confirmed" list at the time it had only 30 players (back in April or early May?). (and actually, looking back at the PM where I originally proposed it, it was 14 + Victor Blom, so I guess that's 15 vs. 16.)

The only negative about the 15 vs. 16 even money bet is that it greatly increases the chances that none of our pics will win, and therefore the bet would be a push. (which I guess is somewhat of a sweat in and of itself).

Load Metric
    Phil Ruffin will dominate if he plays.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    To be clear, I have not seen any updated registration list and have no idea if Brett Richey or JRB are playing. The list above was compiled from the "confirmed" list that Drexel, Druff and Vwls talked about on radio a few weeks ago plus various others that have been talked about and tweeted about as "possible" in the 2p2 thread about this event.

Remember, all of this started with Drexel's claim on radio that he thinks a "nonpro/non-celebrity" will win this event. I'm trying to somehow account for the fact that, at this point, we don't know exactly who will be playing, trying to figure out a fair way to structure such a bet to deal with the uncertainty of how many pros and unknowns will sign up last minute.

For the record, the 14 vs. 16 proposed wager is based on the "confirmed" list at the time it had only 30 players (back in April or early May?). (and actually, looking back at the PM where I originally proposed it, it was 14 + Victor Blom, so I guess that's 15 vs. 16.)

The only negative about the 15 vs. 16 even money bet is that it greatly increases the chances that none of our pics will win, and therefore the bet would be a push. (which I guess is somewhat of a sweat in and of itself).
    My original post stands.

Drex should be getting 2-1 at the least, how anyone would even consider even money is beyond me.

Tell you what, for the US Open coming up I want the top 20 players in the world, and you can have 22 "other guys". Even money. Deal?

Load Metric
    Go check the arCHives.. The premise of this bet was the claim that a "non-pro" or "non-poker-celebrity" would win the event. They (Drexel and Druff) spent a couple of minutes discussing it on radio -- arguing that the amount of money at stake, etc etc, would give the non-pros a huge advantage when it came right down to it.
    During that same show, my claim in the Chat was something to the effect of "No, I think a pro will win" ....

I think the final six in this tournament will likely be along the lines of 3 pros and 3 amateurs. It will ultimately be decided by who has the STONES and the SKILLS to close it out. Sorry to disappoint NBH, but 2-1 is just insanity, imo.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Go check the arCHives.. The premise of this bet was the claim that a "non-pro" or "non-poker-celebrity" would win the event. They (Drexel and Druff) spent a couple of minutes discussing it on radio -- arguing that the amount of money at stake, etc etc, would give the non-pros a huge advantage when it came right down to it.
    During that same show, my claim in the Chat was something to the effect of "No, I think a pro will win" ....

I think the final six in this tournament will likely be along the lines of 3 pros and 3 amateurs. It will ultimately be decided by who has the STONES and the SKILLS to close it out. Sorry to disappoint NBH, but 2-1 is just insanity, imo.
    When it gets down to crunch time the best pros have a huge advantage. I mean your "theory" is nice and all but complete speculation as to the motivations of each player and if it will be a factor.

I would take the pro's side every fucking time.

But whatever it aint my money.

Thread Information