Page 54 of 160 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3188

Thread: PROJEKT:SEP **SCAM** (Rolled: A Jasep Saga)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

Im sure the people with money invested will love to see this. Dont talk the guy out of paying people back.

Im sick of all the morons who get off on rubbing it in peoples faces they they were scammed. Your such a dumb ass the guy had no verifiable results. No shit they already feel like shit for trusting someone and losing their money theres no need to rub it in.

I dont think those who invested did it to make alot of money. I think its more of a helping a brother out and make a little money in the process. Its good to know that some people are actually good especially at this site where everything you say or do gets ridiculed.

Flame away
    I think you misunderstood what I wrote.

I was not criticizing or mocking the people who invested in him.

I was saying that there are a few hyper-delusional people who might still believe that Jasep wasn't scamming people, despite the overwhelming evidence that has come out.

I'm also saying that, if he pays everyone back, it's highly likely money that was obtained through some sort of scam or lie.

That's also why you shouldn't give him credit for being innocent, even if you do get paid back.

If he really has the money, he can deposit it in my bank account today and prove it.
    Just the first part was meant for you my bad. Im just saying if you post that if Jasep pays everyone back and paid the charity hes still a scammer just gives him more reason to not pay anyone back. You hope hes thinks exactly what you said until you get your money back. If he sees that paying everyone back wont help his rep that gives him more reason to not pay anyone back. The second part I should have put in a different post I dont think you were talking to down to investors but a bunch of people on here are, and I guess that makes them feel better about themselves.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I think you misunderstood what I wrote.

I was not criticizing or mocking the people who invested in him.

I was saying that there are a few hyper-delusional people who might still believe that Jasep wasn't scamming people, despite the overwhelming evidence that has come out.

I'm also saying that, if he pays everyone back, it's highly likely money that was obtained through some sort of scam or lie.

That's also why you shouldn't give him credit for being innocent, even if you do get paid back.

If he really has the money, he can deposit it in my bank account today and prove it.
    Just the first part was meant for you my bad. Im just saying if you post that if Jasep pays everyone back and paid the charity hes still a scammer just gives him more reason to not pay anyone back. You hope hes thinks exactly what you said until you get your money back. If he sees that paying everyone back wont help his rep that gives him more reason to not pay anyone back. The second part I should have put in a different post I dont think you were talking to down to investors but a bunch of people on here are, and I guess that makes them feel better about themselves.
    But you realize that him "paying people back" very likely means scamming someone else to get it done, right?

I don't see that as a net gain.

It's actually a net loss because:

1) Someone else is getting ripped off

2) This will legitimize Jasep in some people's eyes, and perhaps set them up to get scammed again in the future

I believe if he had the $5k, he would have agreed to plop it in my bank account today and there would have been a lot more doubt cast upon the allegations against him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Druff and others seem to be pretty spot on in their analysis. Jasep's story is far too common.

I think we all forget sometimes that grinding cash to pay bills is not a normal or healthy way to make money. Of course there are exceptions but for every winning player there are many, many more losing ones, trapped in a nasty cycle of gambler's fallacy and self-delusion. I bet Projekt:Sep was built with every intention of being legitimate but was always doomed for failure.

The Darwinistic aspect of poker has always appealed to me but it leaves a lot of blood. In a way I empathize with Jasep. I remember when I last went broke and FTP and realized that the gig was up, it sucked. I wasn't mired in debt but really knowing that the dream was over and real things had to now happen was a shot in the nuts.

I encourage Jasep to do the right thing and fix this if at all possible. Coming clean will be a relief and even initiating a plan to set things right is a step in the right direction.

The poker dream is over for him. Step up, be a man and get a job. Continuing to run and scam will only make things worse.
    It was built to roll over money he already owed people. If he had that money he wouldnt have needed a stake. Every investor that invested on owed money owed it to the community to tell them, but they actually liked the idea because they went from not getting paid to possibly getting paid by him rolling other people hoping for that 1 big day or week.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Druff and others seem to be pretty spot on in their analysis. Jasep's story is far too common.

I think we all forget sometimes that grinding cash to pay bills is not a normal or healthy way to make money. Of course there are exceptions but for every winning player there are many, many more losing ones, trapped in a nasty cycle of gambler's fallacy and self-delusion. I bet Projekt:Sep was built with every intention of being legitimate but was always doomed for failure.

The Darwinistic aspect of poker has always appealed to me but it leaves a lot of blood. In a way I empathize with Jasep. I remember when I last went broke and FTP and realized that the gig was up, it sucked. I wasn't mired in debt but really knowing that the dream was over and real things had to now happen was a shot in the nuts.

I encourage Jasep to do the right thing and fix this if at all possible. Coming clean will be a relief and even initiating a plan to set things right is a step in the right direction.

The poker dream is over for him. Step up, be a man and get a job. Continuing to run and scam will only make things worse.
    Where? Guy is a felon with no history of doing anything other than hustling and playing poker.

There is not a demand in this job market for unskilled overweight scammers with a police record.

Do not give false hope. The guy is going to end up in jail or a Speaker at GA meetings.

Load Metric

But you realize that him "paying people back" very likely means scamming someone else to get it done, right?

2) This will legitimize Jasep in some people's eyes, and perhaps set them up to get scammed again in the future

I believe if he had the $5k, he would have agreed to plop it in my bank account today and there would have been a lot more doubt cast upon the allegations against him.
    Not necesarily he might be able to explain the situation to a friend of family member to get the money, and legitimately work to pay those people back. If he had another scam he probably wouldnt have needed this one in the first place.

Load Metric
    His next move is to get married and change his name.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Also, this is NOT a defense at all of Jasep, but I don't think he is a sociopathic scammer. That's more what peterdc is. After the full story came out, I could tell Peter's scamming was a lifestyle choice that gave him some sick enjoyment. Recall that Peter could have easily married his phone-sex-company-owning girlfriend and been set for life with a woman who was worth well over 10 million dollars. Instead, he resorted to scamming other people and even stealing from her.

I equate Jasep with Erick Lindgren, just on a much smaller scale (and with much less poker talent than Erick).

Both would pay the money they owed if they had it. Both delude themselves into thinking that scamming is just a temporary means to getting whole financially, and they'll eventually make it right without anyone being the wiser. Both have major gambling problems and will step on anyone to keep themselves in action.

In Jasep's case, I think he has a fantasy of being a winning poker pro. He is probably both a losing player and someone with -EV pit gambling problem, as well. Every time he takes a loan from a friend, every time he runs a stake that is actually paying off previous stakes or life expenses, every time he lies, every time he steals, he probably talks himself into believing that he will pay everyone back when he inevitably "stops running bad" and becomes the winning player he thinks he already is.

This is why he was still communicating with people as recently as yesterday afternoon. He is still deluding himself that he can (dishonestly) scratch up the 5k, bail himself out of this BAP mess, and somehow keep enough supporters to where they will give him another shot in the future. He hasn't quite accepted the fact that this is really the end of his gambling-by-borrowing career.

In Jasep's mind, the victims here are just temporary, provided he can still keep playing poker and "make things right" eventually. I'm sure he believes that he would have righted the ship had this not been outed by the "assholes" of this forum, much like Howard Lederer and Ray Bitar believed that Full Tilt would have restored everyone's money had that pesky DOJ not busted them shortly after they stole it all.

I believe there are two types of scammers out there -- sociopathic scammers, and opportunistic scammers.

Sociopathic scammers are people like Justin Smith and Peterdc. They actually scam because they enjoy it. It's a lifestyle to them.

Opportunistic scammers are people who don't enjoy scamming, but see it as a means of a way out of their financial messes. These people wouldn't scam if they were financially sound, but see scamming as a reasonable option to bail themselves out of bad money situations. That's where I put Jasep.
    I think he does fit in the sociopathic column , this is not new behavior for him. He also had his, 'design' site that he sold pirated media and installed on peoples ipads for fee.
    He bragged about himself taking advantage of women he perceived as being cat. 4/5, when he himself is no Brad Pitt.
    He has shown a need from the get go to be the one in control of the monies and info.
    Yes, he is a gamble/addict. Yes, I believe he deludes himself in many areas of his life. He really does fit the profile of sociopath/scammer a.k.a. con-man. He has been the puppeteer. But now has been backed into a corner. This can make a person dangerous to others and to themselves. Oh, and one reason many a scammer keeps in contact with someone involved in their 'getting caught' is to make sure that they know everything that is going on to try and find them, how close the cops may be on their tails, and if there is anyway at all they can slide out of getting arrested.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Not necesarily he might be able to explain the situation to a friend of family member to get the money, and legitimately work to pay those people back. If he had another scam he probably wouldnt have needed this one in the first place.

druff bases his whole stance on something that he cannot prove about jessop. he speaks as if it's 100% true as well, when he can't prove it

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WOOFsam View Post
    Also, this is NOT a defense at all of Jasep, but I don't think he is a sociopathic scammer. That's more what peterdc is. After the full story came out, I could tell Peter's scamming was a lifestyle choice that gave him some sick enjoyment. Recall that Peter could have easily married his phone-sex-company-owning girlfriend and been set for life with a woman who was worth well over 10 million dollars. Instead, he resorted to scamming other people and even stealing from her.

I equate Jasep with Erick Lindgren, just on a much smaller scale (and with much less poker talent than Erick).

Both would pay the money they owed if they had it. Both delude themselves into thinking that scamming is just a temporary means to getting whole financially, and they'll eventually make it right without anyone being the wiser. Both have major gambling problems and will step on anyone to keep themselves in action.

In Jasep's case, I think he has a fantasy of being a winning poker pro. He is probably both a losing player and someone with -EV pit gambling problem, as well. Every time he takes a loan from a friend, every time he runs a stake that is actually paying off previous stakes or life expenses, every time he lies, every time he steals, he probably talks himself into believing that he will pay everyone back when he inevitably "stops running bad" and becomes the winning player he thinks he already is.

This is why he was still communicating with people as recently as yesterday afternoon. He is still deluding himself that he can (dishonestly) scratch up the 5k, bail himself out of this BAP mess, and somehow keep enough supporters to where they will give him another shot in the future. He hasn't quite accepted the fact that this is really the end of his gambling-by-borrowing career.

In Jasep's mind, the victims here are just temporary, provided he can still keep playing poker and "make things right" eventually. I'm sure he believes that he would have righted the ship had this not been outed by the "assholes" of this forum, much like Howard Lederer and Ray Bitar believed that Full Tilt would have restored everyone's money had that pesky DOJ not busted them shortly after they stole it all.

I believe there are two types of scammers out there -- sociopathic scammers, and opportunistic scammers.

Sociopathic scammers are people like Justin Smith and Peterdc. They actually scam because they enjoy it. It's a lifestyle to them.

Opportunistic scammers are people who don't enjoy scamming, but see it as a means of a way out of their financial messes. These people wouldn't scam if they were financially sound, but see scamming as a reasonable option to bail themselves out of bad money situations. That's where I put Jasep.
    I think he does fit in the sociopathic column , this is not new behavior for him. He also had his, 'design' site that he sold pirated media and installed on peoples ipads for fee.
    He bragged about himself taking advantage of women he perceived as being cat. 4/5, when he himself is no Brad Pitt.
    He has shown a need from the get go to be the one in control of the monies and info.
    Yes, he is a gamble/addict. Yes, I believe he deludes himself in many areas of his life. He really does fit the profile of sociopath/scammer a.k.a. con-man. He has been the puppeteer. But now has been backed into a corner. This can make a person dangerous to others and to themselves. Oh, and one reason many a scammer keeps in contact with someone involved in their 'getting caught' is to make sure that they know everything that is going on to try and find them, how close the cops may be on their tails, and if there is anyway at all they can slide out of getting arrested.
    You could be right, and definitely he is no saint, but I disagree.

I think the bragging about taking advantage of women was largely done to impress people on the forums. I agree it was shitty, but I believe that was more fueled by immaturity than sociopathic tendencies.

Regarding the pirated media, it was yet another lame get-rich-quick scheme that is common among low-rent, opportunistic scammers. I have to admit that pirating media and selling it is far less offensive than directly cheating individuals.

I do agree that he is backed into a corner right now, and the last two days are probably among the worst in his life -- probably only second to the ordeal following his identity theft arrest.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

druff bases his whole stance on something that he cannot prove about jessop. he speaks as if it's 100% true as well, when he can't prove it
    I have to believe that he is tapped out with friends and family members by this point. That was the reason he needed PROJEKT:SEP so desperately.

Family and friends will probably only help him if he bullshits them about some super-urgent need for the money that doesn't involve paying back other scams.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WOOFsam View Post
    I think he does fit in the sociopathic column
    And you would be wrong.

Jasep wanted to be a hustler, and found out the hard way that his hustle sucked.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeU View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    I think if we don't have any evidence of charity payment by the end of today it is a wrap. I mean I already know there aint a chance in fucking hell that payment was made, but it appears some are still giving him the "benefit of the doubt" for some crazy fucking reason.

I lost a bet one time and had to make a donation to a charity, and I could pull up the receipt/evidence of payment in about 2 minutes going through my email right now. Been over 24 hours at this point, not a damn thing from Sep.

They even sent me a handwritten thank you card in the mail, and it was only for $100. They still send me emails every once in a while too.

Maybe the people that were threatening him chased him down and he had to throw his laptop in a river in fear for his life, and he was so traumatized he can't remember his email, passwords and can't get to a computer.
    I have contacted Johnny Sep and asked him for proof of the payment. He said he has a photocopy of the check he sent. I told him this wasn't good enough. He needs to show me a cancelled check that was cashed by the foundation. This is something he could easily get from the bank.

Furthermore, I have reached out to the president at the foundation. I will be e-mailing the executive board of the foundation today to investigate the bank statements to see if the money came.

Stay tuned.

Joe
    When he told me he was going to meet "the guy" that weekend from 22Q did you ask him whom that was? I assume it was you he was referring to when talking to me

Load Metric
    He has almost no common ground with the fminc/peterdc style Legion of HOF.

He always thought he could somehow grind out a happy ending, no matter what it took to get there. Thats just him being naive and selfish.

Calling him a sociopath is just lazy and/or romantic.

Load Metric
    I have to believe that he is tapped out with friends and family members by this point. That was the reason he needed PROJEKT:SEP so desperately.

Family and friends will probably only help him if he bullshits them about some super-urgent need for the money that doesn't involve paying back other scams.
    I got a Photoshopped photo for this already...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The needing to wait until the 6th to get the money on paypal is a direct admission the money is not there. If he had 5k there are a million ways to get it out. It is not like it is stuck on lock poker and he has to wait for it to come in

Or the needing to go back to the casino and cash in chips when he is playing in red chip games

Cancelled echecks from paypal to Brandon last week and then when payday came this week he waited till the last minute and then stalled 24 hrs and then shipped another echeck!

He said the paypal bounced (he also told Brandon 3 people were bounced total) because he "hit the wrong button" from the wrong bank account. In order to switch bank accounts on paypal you have to go to a drop down box and switch to a different account.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

Druff you attacking me in the other thread is way out of line, I waited a year for everyone to realize jasep was in fact a lowlife bottom feeder and for you to jump on me after gloating a bit is uncalled for, I laid off you yesterday about letting this bum run a BAP on your site, You deserve much more heat because of this and many other members have expressed this on this forum and in personal emails. And to make one thing clear i am not happy about people getting rolled even the haters, I hate the fact he was able to raise 5k off the good people here
    -Allergic to the struggle

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Great report but 3 comments

1. Even if he pays the money back he still ran a fraudulent stake. If anyone in his shoes had the money they would have at the very least taken a picture or video of 5k to show they had it even if they borrowed it for 5 secs to take a picture.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post

Druff you attacking me in the other thread is way out of line, I waited a year for everyone to realize jasep was in fact a lowlife bottom feeder and for you to jump on me after gloating a bit is uncalled for, I laid off you yesterday about letting this bum run a BAP on your site, You deserve much more heat because of this and many other members have expressed this on this forum and in personal emails. And to make one thing clear i am not happy about people getting rolled even the haters, I hate the fact he was able to raise 5k off the good people here
    I only jumped on you because you are going crazy with "I told you so" type messages that are annoying everyone.

I already apologized to you and admitted you were right about Jasep.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    He has almost no common ground with the fminc/peterdc style Legion of HOF.

He always thought he could somehow grind out a happy ending, no matter what it took to get there. Thats just him being naive and selfish.

Calling him a sociopath is just lazy and/or romantic.

He has been living a lie for a long time that he constructs, maintains and feels entitled to....call it what you want, but never....romantic.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Great report but 3 comments

1. Even if he pays the money back he still ran a fraudulent stake. If anyone in his shoes had the money they would have at the very least taken a picture or video of 5k to show they had it even if they borrowed it for 5 secs to take a picture.

Thread Information