Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2024 Thread

Load Metric
    Get outhit for series. Give up 7 HRs. Still sweep.

Name:  wahoo-indians.gif
Views: 61
Size:  65.0 KB

Load Metric
    Trying to get one of my buddies to take off a day for a Pirates day game and go see Skenes tmrw. Weather a touch iffy. 50/50 rain. Not often have I wanted to go see a pitcher live.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Dodgers tied with Guardians but easier schedule obviously. Props to them.

I had CLE F5 TT o2.5 +105 for a loss and of course they go off for 3 in the 6th without the Naylor brothers

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Dodgers tied with Guardians but easier schedule obviously. Props to them.

I had CLE F5 TT o2.5 +105 for a loss and of course they go off for 3 in the 6th without the Naylor brothers
    Yeah I chickened out on this one. Quintana is like a poor mans Frambar and those guys always give us trouble. I thought he was going complete game shutout with how he looked. Had like 52 pc and 1 hit with an out in the 6th. Bunt, hit and unexpected HR and we had a ballgame.

Load Metric
    Trying to get one of my buddies to take off a day for a Pirates day game and go see Skenes tmrw. Weather a touch iffy. 50/50 rain. Not often have I wanted to go see a pitcher live.
    Life and windows for generational performance is short.

You wanna say you saw Ohtani go 2-way in his prime with the Angels.

Brady 2007

You wanna say you saw Skenes this year.

Rangers F5 TT o2.5 -110 (game is lined 10). Incredible weather. Think about it.

Load Metric

Brady 2007

Where is that bet? I opened draftkings and Fanduel and see both team totals after 5, each teams total for game. I don’t see that option.

Load Metric

Brady 2007

Where is that bet? I opened draftkings and Fanduel and see both team totals after 5, each teams total for game. I don’t see that option.
    Giving you the keys to the magic kingdom

Pick game
    Go to innings up top
    Scroll down to Team Total Runs - 1st X innings
    Scroll down to your team and the proper innings

Gold
    Load Metric
    I have bet on less than 10 games this year and have watched 0

Last year I felt tremendous excitement at the start of the season and couldn't wait, watched the games every night and bet on them

Perhaps this year I am disinterested as immediately Miami was out of contention and didn't have high expecatations for a weaker Tampa team and still don't but not like they are doing awful or anything

cant stomach to wathc a sport allowoing a gambler like Shonay Otany to play

Load Metric

Pick game
    Go to innings up top
    Thanks. I was checking the box score. You looked home free after 2 and then they gave you two out in 5th sweat. Got there is all that matters

Load Metric

Pick game
    Go to innings up top
    Thanks. I was checking the box score. You looked home free after 2 and then they gave you two out in 5th sweat. Got there is all that matters
    Worked out. Houston had baserunners but they are ass this year. Maybe they are on an upswing but generally I trade their brand name against them. People still see Houston and bet them off reputation. That’s value.

All kinds of alarms are ringing in my head regarding Skenes strikeout line. It 7.5 +120/+110 just makes no sense to me. The public will happily pay juice on Skenes.

I bought some at +110 just like every other fan but I know what I’m facing. I looked into Oscar Marin pitching coach Pittsburgh. Not an idiot but thin resume imo. Never heard of the Newtforce mound. Measures ground force of a pitcher.

Pittsburgh duo 22 yo Jones and 21 yo Skenes: Jones pitches like he’s angry… Skenes pitches like “he’s playing with his food”. He knows he’s better than you. God I love that line.

Marin could pull Skenes at any time. I’m watching.

Name:  IMG_9409.jpeg
Views: 59
Size:  197.7 KB

In my entire adult life I never thought of doing an underdog round robin. Thet was my thought looking at this slate. Rangers CWS are my UP 2 candidates and CWS prolly gonna win in a photo finish. People getting cut off of the promo. My wife is still eligible. Some people have $250 limits and others $10. AI is coming

Baseball wagering is so damn fun

Load Metric

I hate seeing the LHP Miller and not a righty but

Load Metric

Worked out. Houston had baserunners but they are ass this year. Maybe they are on an upswing but generally I trade their brand name against them. People still see Houston and bet them off reputation. That’s value.

All kinds of alarms are ringing in my head regarding Skenes strikeout line. It 7.5 +120/+110 just makes no sense to me. The public will happily pay juice on Skenes.

I bought some at +110 just like every other fan but I know what I’m facing. I looked into Oscar Marin pitching coach Pittsburgh. Not an idiot but thin resume imo. Never heard of the Newtforce mound. Measures ground force of a pitcher.

Pittsburgh duo 22 yo Jones and 21 yo Skenes: Jones pitches like he’s angry… Skenes pitches like “he’s playing with his food”. He knows he’s better than you. God I love that line.

Marin could pull Skenes at any time. I’m watching.

Name:  IMG_9409.jpeg
Views: 59
Size:  197.7 KB

In my entire adult life I never thought of doing an underdog round robin. Thet was my thought looking at this slate. Rangers CWS are my UP 2 candidates and CWS prolly gonna win in a photo finish. People getting cut off of the promo. My wife is still eligible. Some people have $250 limits and others $10. AI is coming

Baseball wagering is so damn fun

I dodged a bullet. I was in PA all night dealing with carpet cleaners, blown breakers, etc until 2AM for realtor friend trying to get home ready for sale. Attending game went out the window. I woke up in PA at 1130 and grabbed a coffee. I was literally right on the border around first pitch and the geolocation services wouldn't let me get down on that strikout prop that I certainly would have lost.

Pirates bullpen making Skenes count the days until he can sign with the Yankees.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dodgers might do pitching load management.

When Bobby Miller returns in June, they might do a 6-man rotation:

Glasnow
    Paxton
    Buehler
    Yamamoto
    Stone
    Miller

Might actually be wise, given how their pitching always looks tired in the postseason.

Load Metric
    Braves have been erratic, but feels like a Braves run line game for me. Sitting -1.5 +102. Kellar has been pitching well, but Acuna and Olson have generally ate him up for his career. I don't think the Pirates can muster much against Lopez. Feels like it might be tight early and break open later game
    and end up something like 8-1.

Only concern is weather. Storms with heavy rain moving through. Game might be delayed and go off closer to 5 when it appears to clear. If they started and it storms again and fucks up the pitching it could go south. I'm going to take a swing though. Probably be 12-2 Pirates because wtf do I know? Just feels more likely Braves win easily than Pirates stay close for coinflip line.

Also why in the fuck are the Royals + ml against Civale? he hasn't been sharp. Have to look closer, but probably that one also.

Than when San is available. Lot of talk last night on local broadcast about the run support when Logan Allen pitches. They’ve averaged over 9 runs per game when he pitches. One of the quickest pitchers in the league. No pitch clock worries for him. They were discussing the conventional wisdom that pitchers who work fast get more run support. Talked about the different coaches around the league who feel that’s settled fact. Any data on that you’re aware of? I almost just parlayed the over last night with my usual bet but didn’t. Should have. Was settled by 4.
    Last edited by BCR; 05-25-2024 at 11:31 AM.

Load Metric
    Than when San is available. Lot of talk last night on local broadcast about the run support when Logan Allen pitches. They’ve averaged over 9 runs per game when he pitches. One of the quickest pitchers in the league. No pitch clock worries for him. They were discussing the conventional wisdom that pitchers who work fast get more run support. Talked about the different coaches around the league who feel that’s settled fact. Any data on that you’re aware of? I almost just parlayed the over last night with my usual bet but didn’t. Should have. Was settled by 4.
    I have enough trouble sorting my thoughts .. now this … guilty of negligence for not paying any mind to tempo in the pitch clock era - if only for entertainment value. I will take a look in the next couple of days.

Here is Logan Allen
    https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leade...tDirection=asc

Tell ya what isn’t hard to sort… each night I check bullpen usage and if Cleveland is okay I autobet the most profitable team in baseball. I caught -132 last night. You simply can’t wait

Of course, I trademarked “Americas Team ™” early on this year. ( all due respect to the Injuns) Royals are another atm.

Somewhere out there Sizzle is enjoying his spring

On ‘em both. Someone should run the pitch clock on how long it takes me to place those two bets on most days. These are decisions that trigger no tears if they lose cause I’m gonna be right back on them the next day most likely.

Two wholesome programs in America’s heartland in a sport with no salary cap.

Load Metric
    I have enough trouble sorting my thoughts .. now this … guilty of negligence for not paying any mind to tempo in the pitch clock era - if only for entertainment value. I will take a look in the next couple of days.

Here is Logan Allen
    https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leade...tDirection=asc

Tell ya what isn’t hard to sort… each night I check bullpen usage and if Cleveland is okay I autobet the most profitable team in baseball. I caught -132 last night. You simply can’t wait

Of course, I trademarked “Americas Team ™” early on this year. ( all due respect to the Injuns) Royals are another atm.

Somewhere out there Sizzle is enjoying his spring

On ‘em both. Someone should run the pitch clock on how long it takes me to place those two bets on most days. These are decisions that trigger no tears if they lose cause I’m gonna be right back on them the next day most likely.

Two wholesome programs in America’s heartland in a sport with no salary cap.
    Thank God for the Royals to grab an afternoon split. Top 3 in that division has won like 20 straight. Fun to be in an early pennant race with teams not hovering at.500. We’ve won 7 straight and I feel like I’ve been looking at 1.5 and 6.5 games back for a week with Royals and Twins.

That’s what I was looking for. Now I have to sort by run support and runs scored when they were pitching. Fun homework.

I feel like I don’t even have to mention the Tribe at this point. I know we are both on them. The tribe bullpen is ready tonight. We even let Ayla out of his cage to pitch to rest our real pitchers with an early 10 spot last night.

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_9441.gif
Views: 36
Size:  749.3 KB

Comments

BCR: lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    San did you bet against Buehler today?

He hasn't been horrendous (so far 3 IP, 4 H, 2 ER), but hasn't looked very good. So far he's had one very good start, and the others have been shit.

The only starter to have a decent career after 2 Tommy John surgeries has been Nate Eovaldi. And even he wasn't dominant -- just decent.

Load Metric
    I took some even money end of 5th.

Buehler looked alright last outing. Greene and Buehler was a toss up preflop,with slumping Dodger'offense. Greene is done so I’ll take the Dodger bullpen small.

Edit
    Never dreamed Greene would go back out. Props 107 pitches. Shuts down top of Dodgers lineup once again and that wasn’t my plan

Oh well

My memory is Eovoldi had some success after second surgery.

Load Metric
    Jose is so locked in right now. Even the outs are deep. I’ve hit this 3 times out of 4 bets.

Single
    @
    +450
    Open
    May 25 • 2024 At 09:17:10 PM
    Ticket ID: 7324646
    Player to Hit a Home Run - Including Extra Innings (Listed player must be in starting lineup for bets to stand): Ramirez, Jose - Yes
    Live
    CLE Guardians @ LA Angels
    4-0

Thread Information