Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** 2015 MLB Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Doesn't even make sense. You're stretching hard

Facts are facts. You're fucking horrible. You always interject and think you're being insightful or funny or clever or providing information or content but in reality you're a simple minded retard. Everyone laughs at you. You don't provide shit.

And your trash talk blows. You literally tried and failed hard. Your statement makes no logical connection whatsoever
    Projecting I see.

What are you 12?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  14.3 KB
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

Are you 12 years old? Is that your claim to feeling being a bet welcher is acceptable?

Facts are facts. You're fucking horrible. You always interject and think you're being insightful or funny or clever or providing information or content but in reality you're a simple minded retard. Everyone laughs at you. You don't provide shit.

And your trash talk blows. You literally tried and failed hard. Your statement makes no logical connection whatsoever
    I'm not stretching hard for anything nor am I trying to trash talk you.

Why you so angry all the time?

Every post you make you try to come in challenging someones view on something, or claim they are wrong bringing a bunch of negativity with everything you say. If anyone comes off as a "know it all" it is you.

Facts are facts when it comes to your welching. People don't forget! Once you do that all you will be known by is the guy that rolls people. When you do that in a community that involves gambling then anything you say has zero credibility no matter how many ridiculous "sizzle" threads you create.

My apologies to this thread for even replying to this negative, self-proclaimed "know it all" troll.

Back on topic we go before all of this silly shit happened.

Banned
    Load Metric
    J.Sizzle Vs BeerAndPoker

hu4rollz

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Are you 12 years old? Is that your claim to feeling being a bet welcher is acceptable?

Facts are indeed facts.

And the fact is that you PM'd countless people (including me) to get back on here.

You even PM'd me to complain that I wasn't responding to your PMs.

Anyway, I have a theory about NL pitchers who go over to the AL. Basically, they fail.

I think the DH screws them up.

Now, you might say that the DH only comes up once every 9 batters. You might also say that many pitchers (such as Max Scherzer and James Shields) actually put up BETTER numbers over in the AL, so this couldn't be true.

But I'm talking about pitchers accustomed to pitching for years in the NL (Hamels and Cueto are a good example), and then switch to the AL and struggle. The primary difference is that NL pitchers can focus most of their energy facing the middle of NL lineups, and then relax somewhat as they face the bottom, where they usually are up against a weak 8-spot hitter and an automatic out in the pitcher. That's huge, and I've watched so many NL pitchers get out of bases loaded jams thanks to facing the pitcher in the early innings. If you're used to having that "break", it can be intimidating pitching in the AL, where basically it's one capable hitter after another, and maybe one weaker guy in the 9th spot.

I am in an NL-only fantasy league, and I actually sit my pitchers when they face AL teams in an AL park, except if it's a top pitcher (for example, I'm not sitting Greinke or Scherzer). But that strategy has had great success for me over the years.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Facts are indeed facts.

And the fact is that you PM'd countless people (including me) to get back on here.

Anyway, I have a theory about NL pitchers who go over to the AL. Basically, they fail.

Now, you might say that the DH only comes up once every 9 batters. You might also say that many pitchers (such as Max Scherzer and James Shields) actually put up BETTER numbers over in the AL, so this couldn't be true.

But I'm talking about pitchers accustomed to pitching for years in the NL (Hamels and Cueto are a good example), and then switch to the AL and struggle. The primary difference is that NL pitchers can focus most of their energy facing the middle of NL lineups, and then relax somewhat as they face the bottom, where they usually are up against a weak 8-spot hitter and an automatic out in the pitcher. That's huge, and I've watched so many NL pitchers get out of bases loaded jams thanks to facing the pitcher in the early innings. If you're used to having that "break", it can be intimidating pitching in the AL, where basically it's one capable hitter after another, and maybe one weaker guy in the 9th spot.

I am in an NL-only fantasy league, and I actually sit my pitchers when they face AL teams in an AL park, except if it's a top pitcher (for example, I'm not sitting Greinke or Scherzer). But that strategy has had great success for me over the years.

This concept is nothing new, and your thoughts aren't yours. These are just regurgitated. The point of this discussion is pitchers don't go from 2 era to 9.00 by switching but that's how bad Cueto has been.

Clearly it's not hard and fast rules because on the same team Volquez hasn't seen a decline in numbers at all.

PITCHERS (NL to AL)
    ERA: +0.41
    K/9: -0.57

Example: Pitcher B from the NL has an ERA of 3.00 and a K/9 of 7.57 – he changes leagues and goes to the AL… if his previous statistics were backed up by his peripherals (he wasn’t particularly lucky/unlucky), his new baseline becomes a 3.41 ERA with a K/9 of 7.00. These are significant losses for the pitcher.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Facts are indeed facts.

This concept is nothing new, and your thoughts aren't yours. These are just regurgitated. The point of this discussion is pitchers don't go from 2 era to 9.00 by switching but that's how bad Cueto has been.

Clearly it's not hard and fast rules because on the same team Volquez hasn't seen a decline in numbers at all.

PITCHERS (NL to AL)

Example: Pitcher B from the NL has an ERA of 3.00 and a K/9 of 7.57 – he changes leagues and goes to the AL… if his previous statistics were backed up by his peripherals (he wasn’t particularly lucky/unlucky), his new baseline becomes a 3.41 ERA with a K/9 of 7.00. These are significant losses for the pitcher.
    His ERA is not 9.00, it is 5.43 with KC but he has gotten torched hard his past 5 starts

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

PITCHERS (NL to AL)

His ERA is not 9.00, it is 5.43 with KC but he has gotten torched hard his past 5 starts
    I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove? Over the last month, 5 starts, he's allowed 30 earned runs in 26 innings. He's been atrocious, and it's close to the playoffs which is the whole reason he was brought in. And this isn't simply NL to AL stuff, which is kinda the point.

Load Metric
    Merry Clinchmas!

Name:  092615metsreds049acny.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  528.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Scherzer going for it in the 9th.. 8.0in, 0 hits, 15Ks , allowed just one batter so far.

http://www.thefeed2all.eu/watch/3764...nationals.html

EDIT: GAME OVER. 17Ks for his second no hitter of the year! He had 9 straight strikeouts before the last batter Granderson popped out.

First pitcher since Nolan Ryan to throw two no hitters in a season.
    Last edited by BeerAndPoker; 10-03-2015 at 05:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Scherzer going for it in the 9th.. 8.0in, 0 hits, 15Ks , allowed just one batter so far.

http://www.thefeed2all.eu/watch/3764...nationals.html

EDIT: GAME OVER. 17Ks for his second no hitter of the year! He had 9 straight strikeouts before the last batter Granderson popped out.

First pitcher since Nolan Ryan to throw two no hitters in a season.
    Scherzer finished off nicely, as the second half of his season wasn't very good.

I was hoping that the Nationals would smack down the Mets as some sort of weird retribution for not winning the AL East. So far that's happened.

If the Dodgers win tonight or tomorrow, they get home field in the NLDS, which is huge considering their huge differential at home and on the road this year.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ive heard of the mets and even the yankess but who are the dodgers???

Comments

BeerAndPoker: LOL

herbertstemple: Heard of the Brooklyn Dodgers, but they disbanded years ago.

Load Metric
    Speaking of Scherzer, its nuts to think about how he'll finish no higher than 4th in the NL CY Young voting, after going 14-12 with a 2.79 ERA, a 0.918 WHIP, and 276/34 K/BB in 228 IP. Oh and 2 no-hitters. But he's still CLEARLY behind the other big 3, if not others.

Just as recently as 2006, Brandon Webb won the award after going 16-8 with a 3.10 ERA, 178/50 in 235 innings.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Scherzer did win the award already but if all your other stats are decent it don't matter if your record sucks.

If Scherzer didn't collapse down the stretch for like 6 weeks it would have been closer but he probably still loses out just like Chris Sale in the AL who has always been right up there to win it based on era, strikeouts,etc. if he didn't lose a bunch of games because the shitty White Sox can't score.

Load Metric
    Scherzer did win the award already but if all your other stats are decent it don't matter if your record sucks.

If Scherzer didn't collapse down the stretch for like 6 weeks it would have been closer but he probably still loses out just like Chris Sale in the AL who has always been right up there to win it based on era, strikeouts,etc. if he didn't lose a bunch of games because the shitty White Sox can't score.

One other thing that was nuts this year, but that I fully enjoyed, was the Twins just absolutely wrecked Sale. he made more starts vs them than any other team, and in those 6 starts only went 33 innings going 1-4 7.36 ERA. I watched a couple of those games and was just shocked how the anemic twins offense would just wake up vs Sale.

Load Metric
    Embarrassed to say, but hoping the Pirates beat the Cubs tonight. The Cubs are smoking fucking hot. They could blow right through the Cards the way they are playing. Its like they don't realize they are the Chicago Cubs.

Load Metric
    I cant grasp the logic on this one, but people started a go fund me to get Steve Bartman to attend the Cubs playoff game.

Load Metric
    Tonight's Cubs game starts at 7:08, which is 19:08 Military time.

1908 - The last time the cubs won the World Series

Today is 10/7

107 is how many years its been since that World Series

Comments

herbertstemple: President Lincoln's secretary was Mrs. Kennedy. President Kennedy's secretary was Mrs. Kennedy. They both lost.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Speaking of Scherzer, its nuts to think about how he'll finish no higher than 4th in the NL CY Young voting, after going 14-12 with a 2.79 ERA, a 0.918 WHIP, and 276/34 K/BB in 228 IP. Oh and 2 no-hitters. But he's still CLEARLY behind the other big 3, if not others.

Just as recently as 2006, Brandon Webb won the award after going 16-8 with a 3.10 ERA, 178/50 in 235 innings.
    Scherzer was on one of my fantasy teams, so I watched him closely. He was brilliant in the first half, and looked like he would be the main competition for Greinke to win the Cy this year.

He was very mediocre in the 2nd half. His no-hitter at the end left people with the impression that he was dominant all year, because they remembered his great first half, and of course the no-hitter was the last thing you saw from him.

Not to say that numbers like 2.79/0.918 and 276/34 are bad, because they are obviously excellent. However, there's a reason he was 14-12, and it wasn't just lack of run support. He just wasn't one of those guys where you could automatically expect a win during the second half of the season.

Can't really compare him to Webb because that was still during the steroid era. (And boy did Webb really fall off after that!)

Kershaw and Arrieta were both fucking amazing in the 2nd half. Even I was starting to doubt Kershaw as he just couldn't get it together consistently in the first half, and then he went on a run in the second half which made last year's Cy Young/MVP season look like dogshit. Arrieta was similar, but Kershaw was even more dominant.

The award is probably going to Greinke because of his 1.66 ERA and 19-3 record. He definitely was the pitcher who was most consistently good the entire year. But I can tell you that Greinke's amazing numbers were also part luck and part keeping composure, and less related to dominance. That is, whenever he got in a jam, he kept complete composure and kept getting out of it, and then would return to pitch well again. He just never got bombed. At the same time, he's basically a 7 inning pitcher, and you're not going to see a lot of those high-strikeout, super-dominant games out of him like you do from guys like Kershaw.

Greinke is the equivalent of a poker player who absolutely never tilts. Kershaw does have a bit of a tilt problem. That's why he melted down in the playoffs the past 2 years. He lets his emotions get to him, while Greinke can somehow shrug off anything that happens and get back to pitching normally. Early in the year, I would watch the Dodgers make some awful, boneheaded error which would put him down 3-0 in the 1st inning. He didn't look pissed at all, and just shut everyone down the rest of the game, and the Dodgers came back and won.

Anyway, I do get your point. There was some really excellent pitching in the NL this year.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Was glad to see the Yankees lose. Fuck ARoid.

I want to see the Cubs beat the Pirates for a few reasons:

1) The Dodgers have just had all kinds of trouble against Pittsburgh this year.

2) The Cubs probably have the better chance of beating the Cardinals right now, who have given the Dodgers fits over the last few years.

3) The Cubs and Cardinals are likely to have a tiring, stressful series, which I think will take its toll on both teams, thus making it easier on the Dodgers if they reach the NLCS.

Load Metric
    $10 says if Arrietta wins tonight, he gets the CY Young over your Dodger boy.

Thread Information