Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2015 NFL Free Agency / Cuts/ Franchised Players ETC...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Time to hit the nuke button....

@AdamSchefter: Darrelle Revis was asking teams for $40 million guaranteed. Jets' deal expected to top that. North of $40M guaranteed.
    It always hurts. This has been going on for 15 years.

I was betting against Pats after the wtf Menkins trade at beginning of season. Benching RB Gray after his SI cover performance. List just this year is endless.

If you aren't scratching your head then you aren't a Patriots fan.

Boston sports radio has regular discussions over the years about when he will trade Brady. Brady SuperBowl MVP and we are wondering if he'll be traded for value. Frankly, I am a little surprised he's still here. For no logical earthly reason except it's what Belichick does.

I gotta laugh watching Chip Kelly cause Philly fans to go apoplectic.

Chip Kelly flies from Oregon to Boston to meet with Belichick in 2012. Boom. Brady using one word audibles in a fresh look hurry up spread offense.

The bromance between New Hampshire native Chip Kelly and Belichick goes back to before even Oregon.

I completely understand what Eagle fans are going through. It hurts.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-10-2015 at 09:12 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Revis> McCourty. Would like both of em but prob not going to happen. Way easier to replace McCourty than Revis.

Suh should get the biggest deal IMO
    You understand I meant best free agent secondary other than Revis.

Interesting you think Suh $ > Revis $. I feel a bet brewing... Avg annual total compensation not total package.
    Suh 6/114, Revis 5/70. Wrong allover the place Sanlmar

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Time to hit the nuke button....

@AdamSchefter: Darrelle Revis was asking teams for $40 million guaranteed. Jets' deal expected to top that. North of $40M guaranteed.

I was betting against Pats after the wtf Menkins trade at beginning of season. Benching RB Gray after his SI cover performance. List just this year is endless.

Boston sports radio has regular discussions over the years about when he will trade Brady. Brady SuperBowl MVP and we are wondering if he'll be traded for value. Frankly, I am a little surprised he's still here. For no logical earthly reason except it's what Belichick does.

Chip Kelly flies from Oregon to Boston to meet with Belichick in 2012. Boom. Brady using one word audibles in a fresh look hurry up spread offense.

The bromance between New Hampshire native Chip Kelly and Belichick goes back to before even Oregon.

OMG WE WON THE SUPER BOWL AND CANT BRING EVERYONE BACK....SOOOO HARD BEING A BOSTON SPORTS FAN NOWADAYS.

Name:  tommy.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  51.2 KB

Load Metric
    Whats up with the bradford/foles trade? That one looks like the worst trade I've seen in years. I don't get all the Foles hate. He was God his rookie year, and they were 6-2 with him as a starter last year before he went down. The part about their contracts makes it even more baffling. Foles cap hit is like 600k, and Bradford's is like $13mil. The eagles also gave up a pick as part of the deal which really makes no sense.

Load Metric
    Damn. looking at this trade Rams also got a 4th rounder and a 2nd rounder from the eagles. I was assuming the eagles just gave up a 6th rounder or something. A 2nd round pick especially is pretty valuable. What a fucked up trade.

Load Metric
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  84.4 KB
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    Whats up with the bradford/foles trade? That one looks like the worst trade I've seen in years. I don't get all the Foles hate. He was God his rookie year, and they were 6-2 with him as a starter last year before he went down. The part about their contracts makes it even more baffling. Foles cap hit is like 600k, and Bradford's is like $13mil. The eagles also gave up a pick as part of the deal which really makes no sense.
    I think Foles numbers were inflated in that system, but I can't think of any scenario where this trade wasn't retarded for the Eagles given Bradford is made of glass and couldn't stay healthy even in college. That's before the picks and money difference. Unless you're going to eat a big part of the contract and someone wants him with a high pick, it's a complete headscratcher. It's only not dumb if there is someone out there dumber than you willing to trade for him, which seems impossible.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I think Foles numbers were inflated in that system, but I can't think of any scenario where this trade wasn't retarded for the Eagles given Bradford is made of glass and couldn't stay healthy even in college. That's before the picks and money difference. Unless you're going to eat a big part of the contract and someone wants him with a high pick, it's a complete headscratcher. It's only not dumb if there is someone out there dumber than you willing to trade for him, which seems impossible.
    Yeah. 27 tds and 2 ints on a season is going to be inflated pretty much no matter what. But like you said bradford for foles straight up, with no picks or money difference still seems like a bad deal for the eagles. When the trade rumor first came out it was bradford and the 10th pick for foles and the 20th pick. That rumor actually made sense considering the qbs skill levels and money differences. But the way the trade came out, makes it look like bradford is 2 tiers or so above foles.

Load Metric
    Fitzpatrick traded to the Jets. Hopefully its just as good today. A day of watching offseason nfl trades is as good as watching an nba finals game.

Comments

Sanlmar: Truer words

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Chip thinks Bradford is his franchise QB, that is why he gave up so much. Won't be any Mariota in Philly that is for sure now. Bradford actually has semi decent numbers...when he plays. We will see.

Load Metric
    Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 8m 8 minutes ago
    Eagles HC Chip Kelly said his team was offered a first-round pick this morning for his QB Sam Bradford.

I think kelly is full of shit. But if he traded bradford for a first rounder, then traded his two first rounders for a spot high enough to get mariota, he wouldn't look so dumb anymore.

Load Metric
    Eagles HC Chip Kelly said his team was offered a first-round pick this morning for his QB Sam Bradford.

I think kelly is full of shit. But if he traded bradford for a first rounder, then traded his two first rounders for a spot high enough to get mariota, he wouldn't look so dumb anymore.
    No one at pick 1-20 would even consider that. Especially with his contract and the rookie pay scale. 21-32 maybe, but they are all pretty much set. Even stretching, maybe Arizona doesn't trust Palmer or Denver is worried about post Peyton Osweiler era?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

No one at pick 1-20 would even consider that. Especially with his contract and the rookie pay scale. 21-32 maybe, but they are all pretty much set. Even stretching, maybe Arizona doesn't trust Palmer or Denver is worried about post Peyton Osweiler era?
    Yeah it would certainly be a late first rounder. I honestly think kelly is making this up because he looks like an idiot for making the trade.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Health issues aside, remember Bradford flourished under Schumer in StL and I am sure that is a piece of this.....wouldn't believe Chip for a second tho when he claims no interest in Mariota......will be interesting to see how this plays out....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

OMG WE WON THE SUPER BOWL AND CANT BRING EVERYONE BACK....SOOOO HARD BEING A BOSTON SPORTS FAN NOWADAYS.

Name:  tommy.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  51.2 KB
    The best part of Boston sports talk is that we are the "fellowship of the miserable".

The Red Sox like the Cubs were just the perfect foil for whining & complaining. This has never died, thank god, despite all the championships these past 15 years.

I imagine only philly sports talk comes close. Gotta tune in to Philly radio soon for some lulz.

Someone give me a station.

Load Metric
    Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 21m 21 minutes ago
    Eagles and former Chargers RB Ryan Mathews officially have reached agreement on 3-year, $11.5 million deal that includes $5M gtd, per source

Matthews kinda sux but at least the price aint bad.

Comments

thesidedish: lmfao

Load Metric
    Eagles and former Chargers RB Ryan Mathews officially have reached agreement on 3-year, $11.5 million deal that includes $5M gtd, per source

I actually think Mathews fits well here. He's a talented guy who's had his share of injuries. But he can catch the ball, he's physical, but still elusive at times. And the contract isn't bad IMO

Comments

smithbk: that trick collarbone rep

Load Metric

I actually think Mathews fits well here. He's a talented guy who's had his share of injuries. But he can catch the ball, he's physical, but still elusive at times. And the contract isn't bad IMO
    Yah hes solid when healthy. Seems like Kelly really has a thing for injury prone players though.

Load Metric

Yah hes solid when healthy. Seems like Kelly really has a thing for injury prone players though.
    He probably thinks he can fix them with his new age bullshit. And secondly, a talented but oft-injured player obviously comes at a cheaper cost. So it's just more risk/reward really

Skated Thru to PFA WP Title BHS's Avatar
    Load Metric
    He probably thinks he can fix them with his new age bullshit. And secondly, a talented but oft-injured player obviously comes at a cheaper cost. So it's just more risk/reward really
    Guys this is riveting content here.

When seeking expertise on "new age bullshit" clearly the play is to consult our gimpy resident middle american gunboner for the full sports science breakdown.

Thanks for the clarity!!!

Thread Information