Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NFL Free Agency / Cuts/ Franchised Players ETC...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

2015 NFL Free Agency / Cuts/ Franchised Players ETC...

So I see the Texans have given Andre Johnson permission to seek a trade. He has 2 years and 21 million left on his deal. UHHHHHHHHHHHM why the fuck would any team trade for him when he is going to be cut very soon most likely. Was same with Revis last year

Load Metric
    as a packer fan, i'm very curious to see what happens with cobb

Load Metric
    Any chance a late first round team tries to take either Dez Bryant or Justin Houston?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Any chance a late first round team tries to take either Dez Bryant or Justin Houston?
    huh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    huh
    dez is a non-exclusive franchise tagged player, thus a team could theoretically offer him 5 years 140 million, at which point the Cowboys would have to match or receive 2 first round picks. Given what's purportedly hanging over his head, no one would do this, but i imagine this is what he means by saying late first round team. Giving up two picks in the 20s is much better than giving up high first round picks. Dez has the talent to make it interesting, but his troubles will prevent it imo.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    huh
    dez is a non-exclusive franchise tagged player, thus a team could theoretically offer him 5 years 140 million, at which point the Cowboys would have to match or receive 2 first round picks. Given what's purportedly hanging over his head, no one would do this, but i imagine this is what he means by saying late first round team. Giving up two picks in the 20s is much better than giving up high first round picks. Dez has the talent to make it interesting, but his troubles will prevent it imo.
    I hope China, with his vast NFL knowledge was being facetious

Cliffs- a franchised player non-exclusive can still seek a new deal. The Cowboys can match, or decline. If they match Dez must sign with Dallas. If Dallas declines the team Dez signs with owes 2 first round picks.

This is only ever considered by late first round picking teams. I think Minnesota did this to obtain Jared Allen years ago(I could be wrong).

I think it's a fair argument that Justin Houston is easily worth a huge contract and 2 late first round picks. The dude almost broke the sack record this year, is still really young, and has no off field issues like Dez
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    huh
    aha

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I hope China, with his vast NFL knowledge was being facetious

Cliffs- a franchised player non-exclusive can still seek a new deal. The Cowboys can match, or decline. If they match Dez must sign with Dallas. If Dallas declines the team Dez signs with owes 2 first round picks.

This is only ever considered by late first round picking teams. I think Minnesota did this to obtain Jared Allen years ago(I could be wrong).

I think it's a fair argument that Justin Houston is easily worth a huge contract and 2 late first round picks. The dude almost broke the sack record this year, is still really young, and has no off field issues like Dez
    Good info, I'm not the best when it comes to some of this stuff with caps and free agency etc... but what you are talking about is rare situation but could happen

Load Metric
    Vikings traded for Allen then gave him a new deal, after he was franchised by the Chiefs. Traded 1st and 2 3rds.

I don't see any team giving away two 1sts for almost anyone in the NFL right now, outside of the top 8-12 qbs and maybe JJ Watt. Suh may have been closer to that happening than Houston or Dez.

Load Metric
    The genius of Bill Belichick the coach is that he is able to overcome the mistakes of Bill Belichick the GM.

When I heard they did not franchise McCourty I snap bet a friend that he will soon be an ex Patriot.

I bet a little too big for comfort and now I gotta sweat this out.

McCourty definitely made Revis better.

God I love Boston sports talk though. The fellowship of the miserable hatin on Belichick fresh off Super Bowl.

Northeastern University handling the Red Sox.

Edit:
    Red Sox win 2-1 in extra innings. Tough win against a tough opponent. Sprinkles are for winners.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-03-2015 at 12:26 PM.

Load Metric
    Saw the Lions weren't going to franchise Ndamukong Suh, so he'll be a free agent. Would make a big difference on anybody's D-line.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Saw the Lions weren't going to franchise Ndamukong Suh, so he'll be a free agent. Would make a big difference on anybody's D-line.
    Yeah he will find a new stomping ground somewhere else.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I see what you did there

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    LOL. Maybe a viable backup kicker.

He is a damn good defensive tackle.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Lions had a good run.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Lions had a good run defense.......
    fYP

Load Metric
    The genius of Bill Belichick the coach is that he is able to overcome the mistakes of Bill Belichick the GM.

When I heard they did not franchise McCourty I snap bet a friend that he will soon be an ex Patriot.

God I love Boston sports talk though. The fellowship of the miserable hatin on Belichick fresh off Super Bowl.

Edit:
    Red Sox win 2-1 in extra innings. Tough win against a tough opponent. Sprinkles are for winners.
    I think you are in a good spot here. I think he walks even though he is saying the right things. And for what it's worth I think you are wrong about BB being a bad GM as it pertains to this situation. If McCourty made Revis 10% better than Revis made McCourty 99% better. Revis is the player that 100% needs to be locked up, not McCourty. I suspect the Pats won't make any moves until Revis is done, other than franchising a kicker anyway.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Edit:
    I think you are in a good spot here. I think he walks even though he is saying the right things. And for what it's worth I think you are wrong about BB being a bad GM as it pertains to this situation. If McCourty made Revis 10% better than Revis made McCourty 99% better. Revis is the player that 100% needs to be locked up, not McCourty. I suspect the Pats won't make any moves until Revis is done, other than franchising a kicker anyway.
    Interesting & smart take.

Do you not believe McCourty is the best available out there? Or were his results skewed that much by Revis?

Suh or Revis - who lands bigger deal? Haven't taken first look but that feels like a bet too. The new NFL.

Load Metric

Do you not believe McCourty is the best available out there? Or were his results skewed that much by Revis?

Suh or Revis - who lands bigger deal? Haven't taken first look but that feels like a bet too. The new NFL.
    Suh easily, just because of age. Revis might get more per year though for whatever he signs. Suh bigger overall and more guaranteed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Revis> McCourty. Would like both of em but prob not going to happen. Way easier to replace McCourty than Revis.

Suh should get the biggest deal IMO

Thread Information