Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Filthy Limper Poker Radio Thread***

Load Metric
    Todd pretty much hit every point I have tried to make in the last few days.

I do deserve a refund, or at least an apology. There is no shot that I will ever get a refund from Micon though. He thinks that I got exactly what I paid for and so much more. I'm not even wanting to go down the road of having the conversation with Micon for that refund, but if by some miraculous turn of events he offers up a refund than I will match the amount and give it to PFA for a freeroll when the first radio show kicks off.

Also, the argument that I am paying below market value or what micon "usually charges" is particularly frustrating.

1.) Micon has no barometer for this, he has lost sponsors at a rate faster than he has gained new sponsors.

Seals with Clubs is a site that Micon is a partner in (95% confirmed) so that doesn't count

Draftday has top banner ad and a sticky plus twitter treatment, so that doesn't count.

So who am I compared to for the price point? The service is worth exactly what someone will pay for it and I highly doubt that if Micon could get more than 100.00 (or less than that) he wouldn't have already taken it.

2.) I didn't come up with the 100.00 figure, Mion did. So I agreed to his quoted price. I stated early that Micon approached me first, that is technically wrong Here is exactly our exchange:

October 15th I win a draftday contest on DD radio, I tell Micon to keep it and give it to another user, I mention in that PM that I would at one point like to do something like this with Filthy Limper and ask what it would cost.

He responded with-
    cheap.

Would do something like if you buy a left-side marketing box for a month (see draftday) for $50/month you can have that + bump the thread.

The full package, with radio ad / front page story / twitter / etc is $500/month.

lemme know, we can work something out
    Notice that he originally quoted me 50 a month for what I ultimately paid 100 for. My website was new and I did not have the budget at this point so I said I would think about it.

December 2nd he sends me a PM asking for me to do a deal for advertising

He quotes me 100.00/month, I tell him it is double what he already quoted me and that the prices have gone up since our last conversation (keep in mind there were no new advertisers at this point.

He sends me a message on December 9th saying I am gonna want to do a deal before dd 2.0 drops so I better hurry (LOL)

December 15th he sends me another message asking me when I would like to start advertising

January 6th he sent me the message that I previously posted in this thread

January 15th I send him a list of concerns about advertising including decreases in DD traffic. Micon responds dismissing the claims

January 16th I send Payment to Micon

January 19th I send promotional info to micon (banner ad and commercial)

February 13th I question why it is not up and Micon asks me to resend

February 14th I resend banner and commercial

2 days later my 1 month is set to expire but micon says I can have until the end of February, keep in mind my commercial and banner have not appeared yet and so far I have just been able to bump the thread

March 5th my Banner ad goes up (45 days after I paid and a full 5 days after my extended sponsorship "expired" and 17 days after it was originally suppose to expire)

March 7th my commercial airs

March 21st I request my banner is taken down, it was up for 14 days total.

If Micon can't see issue with his handling of this theres nothing I can do for him, he is simply an idiot.

This is a big issue for me, as are all the issues about respecting my business that Todd mentioned earlier.

Load Metric
    Just a point I want to make. Filthy Limper has been on the air for a short period of time yet they have more quality sponsors than DD right now. BSA is an excellent product and BCP is light-years ahead of SWC.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    Just a point I want to make. Filthy Limper has been on the air for a short period of time yet they have more quality sponsors than DD right now. BSA is an excellent product and BCP is light-years ahead of SWC.
    Not to mention the signing of Kevmath was pretty huge.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Not to mention the signing of Kevmath was pretty huge.
    Kevmath has been a part of our show since before it launched, he is clutch to our product, he does so much more than what you hear on the air. He promoted us via his twitter, which has a real following, he got us Annie Duke, Matt Glantz and several other great guests and he is generally always looking out for us.

Also, not to many people know that Amanda Musumeci is also part of our team. She provides us with guests as well and will eventually have a strategy segment on each show. The younger pros who have appeared lately are thanks to her.

And BSA is indeed the nuts.... 20% off with offer code FILTHY y'all

Load Metric
    Cliffs:

First Micon shits on Todd and Brandon and now he is shitting on his sponsors. Not a very smart business decision is it? But yet Donkdown 2.0 will be all in our face very soon.

he shits on gang banging also.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    Seals with Clubs is a site that Micon is a partner in (95% confirmed) so that doesn't count
    Fact check... http://www.cardschat.com/f10/introdu...-poker-201847/ post #23/#24 in that thread...

JASEP is correct!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by micon
    Hi guys, it's Bryan Micon here.

I have been working with Sealswithclubs.org in a marketing capacity and can explain bitcoin further if anyone would like to read:

Here is a quick guide on how you buy bitcoins without talking to me or SealsWithClubs:

1) open a Dwolla account. It's the new paypal that only charges exactly $.25 for every transaction, never higher. http://www.dwolla.com - also google news Dwolla to read about how it is an internet darling type startup and very legit. You fund your Dwolla acct. from your checking account, similar to an echeck to Paypal.

2) open an MTGox account - http://www.mtgox.com - this is where 80% of Bitcoins are traded for USD. you do need to log into the site for the latest price. The spread is very low, usually .01 BTC so just use whatever the last accepted bid was as the current price. You can 'bird the last 24 hrs as a guest, or go to http://www.bitcoincharts.com for the latest prices and to see a lifetime graph of BTC.

here is the last 24 hrs for MTGox:

Last Price: 4.55
    High:4.88
    Low: 4.39
    Volume: 124,441

~ $600k USD worth of BTC are traded each 24 hrs as of recent. The data above means that 124,441 bitcoins were traded in the last 24 hrs on Gox. a trade means both a buy and a sell, obv, but just keep that in mind when looking at volume. Remember these are rolling 24-hr numbers.

Once you buy BTC on MTGox, you type in your bitcoin address to withdraw the coins. Don't have one yet? www.bitcoin.org to download the client. Once you install the Bitcoin client, your coins are held in a wallet.dat file. if you lose that file for any reason, those BTC evaporate and are never available again. that file can also get hacked. it is reasonable to keep that file on a thumb drive with 2 backups and only insert to xfer BTC.

Ok so you got BTC to the client. Now you drop ship them easily and instantly to SealsWithClubs. Then you obv pwn the noobs, and it's time to cash out.

When you win off SealsWithClubs, you go the other way - Cash out form SealsWithClubs to your Bitcoin client on your computer, a process which Seals does a "sanity check" on your cashout, i.e. a human takes a quick look, sees that you won and didn't cheat, and ships it in a few hours.

Now you send BTC --> MtGox, sell at the current price --> withdraw USD from MTGox --> Dwolla, then Dwolla --> checking acct.

It should be noted that you can Dwolla USD --> MtGox and just keep the balance as USD until you are ready to play Seals, withdraw only the coins you need, and when you are done playing ship them back, sell them for USD, and hold zero BTC each night when you sleep. this can minimize but never eliminate your exposure to the wild swings in BTC price - currently, with BTC, you are gambling while you are gambling.

It's a very interesting concept that appears to be growing not shrinking, and will likely piss off the USA government soon enough, but for now it's a viable world-wide online poker solution.

TY for reading Cardschat users, I'll answer a few questions if anyone would like.
    That may be the most confusing and convoluted thing I've read in a long time.

And lol at this comment:
    It's a close call between Bitcoins, Full Tilt and that guy who kept saying the world was going to end for best scam of 2011.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    From the Seals with Clubs FAQ page

What poker software do you use? Is it safe?
    We use Poker Mavens by Briggs Softworks. There are no known security flaws

Load Metric

Now I need someone to turn this video into a LOL picture...

Yeah, that's what I think about poker mavens....

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric

I wonder if they invested $99 in the Pro version, or went for the no-expenses-spared $499 Gold version.

https://www.briggsoft.com/shop/shop-pp.htm

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

I wonder if they invested $99 in the Pro version, or went for the no-expenses-spared $499 Gold version.

Groupe Tapie is considering buying Full Tilt's software for $300 million.

What dummies.

They could have something just as good from Briggs for $500.

Load Metric

Confirmed 99.00 Version

♣ Gold Version Features

The Gold version has the same features as the Pro version except that the Flash client is unbranded. There are no visible markings, logos, or links referencing "Poker Mavens" or "Briggs Softworks" in the player module.
    Notice the gigantic Poker Mavens logo in the background of the lobby page

Poker Mavens ™ is an affordable play-money poker software system that allows anyone to run their own private Texas Hold'em poker site. The server module installs on any ordinary Windows PC and serves a free client module to your players. The client module is a Flash file that runs in any web browser, including Mac and Linux systems, so the players have nothing to install on their end. It is also Unicode compatible and can be configured to display in virtually any language with the built-in translation table.
    The software is intended for play money use, no where does it mention the ability to fund an account or withdraw on the site. so what I think is happening here is that you are sending BTC to an owner of the company via their buy in process and he is transferring you play money chips. when you cash out he is clipping the play money chips from your account and sending you BTC. what I don't understand is do the chips ever actually go anywhere? So lets say you cash out 10k play chips... Since the Mavens is not designed to actually facilitate a cash out does that mean that they just get transfered to Freemoneys account?

For those of you who don't know free money is one of the owners of the site, his name is nick and he is also the most active player on the site, routinely winning the leader board etc...

Lets be honest, the only people who ever made a deposit on here is Micon, myself and the owner, maybe a few friends or btc enthusiasts, everyone else in action got in action because of freerolls.

So do you guys think the total of all players balances is in a seperate account?

What would stop someone from doing the same thing using paypal transfers? I assume it would be against the law, so is this?

Druff your thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Confirmed 99.00 Version

♣ Gold Version Features

The Gold version has the same features as the Pro version except that the Flash client is unbranded. There are no visible markings, logos, or links referencing "Poker Mavens" or "Briggs Softworks" in the player module.
    Notice the gigantic Poker Mavens logo in the background of the lobby page

Poker Mavens ™ is an affordable play-money poker software system that allows anyone to run their own private Texas Hold'em poker site. The server module installs on any ordinary Windows PC and serves a free client module to your players. The client module is a Flash file that runs in any web browser, including Mac and Linux systems, so the players have nothing to install on their end. It is also Unicode compatible and can be configured to display in virtually any language with the built-in translation table.
    The software is intended for play money use, no where does it mention the ability to fund an account or withdraw on the site. so what I think is happening here is that you are sending BTC to an owner of the company via their buy in process and he is transferring you play money chips. when you cash out he is clipping the play money chips from your account and sending you BTC. what I don't understand is do the chips ever actually go anywhere? So lets say you cash out 10k play chips... Since the Mavens is not designed to actually facilitate a cash out does that mean that they just get transfered to Freemoneys account?

For those of you who don't know free money is one of the owners of the site, his name is nick and he is also the most active player on the site, routinely winning the leader board etc...

Lets be honest, the only people who ever made a deposit on here is Micon, myself and the owner, maybe a few friends or btc enthusiasts, everyone else in action got in action because of freerolls.

So do you guys think the total of all players balances is in a seperate account?

What would stop someone from doing the same thing using paypal transfers? I assume it would be against the law, so is this?

Druff your thoughts?
    LOL @ balances in a separate account.

If the owner goes broke, kiss your money on Seals goodbye.

Yes, Seals is operating against US law. They can try to say that it's equivalent to a play money site since you're playing for a non-currency (bitcoins), but that excuse would never fly in the eyes of the DOJ. This is especially true because the site directs you to a place (MtGox) to buy bitcoins for real money.

If it were so simply to say you're playing for some sort of made-up currency and make your site legal that way, Pokerstars could have simply changed its currency to "Pokerstars Coins" and claim they have no monetary value, but then set up a third-party site where you buy and sell Pokerstars Coins for real money. They didn't bother with this tactic because it would never hold water legally, and it would just be adding a layer of complexity that was unnecessary.

Fortunately for Seals, they are such a tiny operation (and will always remain a tiny operation) that they will never get busted by the DOJ. Sometimes being a failure has its privileges.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW, not 100% convinced Seals is using the trial version.

Yes, the PokerMavens thing is in the background of the main window:

Name:  seals1.png
Views: 706
Size:  54.1 KB

However, it isn't found at all anywhere else, including the gameplay:

Name:  seals2.png
Views: 953
Size:  327.7 KB

So they may have splurged for the $500 version, and were just too stupid to remove the PokerMavens logo on that first page.

Oh, and if anyone wants my account, the screen name is SealsSuxBalz and the password is sux123

Load Metric
    What happened to Crushing the Daily? The first one was fairly straight forward, but I'm looking forward to some more in depth on how mid stakes tourneys are being played. I don't play many tourneys(mainly cash) and I like the idea of a show that focuses on the $35 to $100 price range.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    What happened to Crushing the Daily? The first one was fairly straight forward, but I'm looking forward to some more in depth on how mid stakes tourneys are being played. I don't play many tourneys(mainly cash) and I like the idea of a show that focuses on the $35 to $100 price range.
    The second episode is recorded but I am not super happy with it. I focused on range and how to define your opponents range. I need to edit it and re-record some stuff but this has been a busy couple of weeks for me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

My youngest brother has recently gotten the poker bug from luckboxing his way to a couple wins in a weekly game with his buddies. I told him to make sure to listen to Crushing the Daily as it should greatly help him.
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Load Metric
    anyone who would rather buy $20-$30 worth of bitcoins to play on seals is a fucking idiot. this of course is considering the fact you can easily deposit that much $ on merge.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW, not 100% convinced Seals is using the trial version.
    Actually think your wrong here Druff, PokerMavens.net lists poker rooms and the type of account they have, here is examples of the Plus (99.00) version:

Name:  991.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  105.9 KB

Name:  992.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  110.2 KB
    LOL at that guys avatar....

Here is an example of a gold site (500.00) version

Name:  5001.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  63.8 KB

Name:  5002.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  142.4 KB

Seals is not listed on the site at all...

On a side note this software could actually be useful for the price if you were to do something like radio freerolls or a poker league and you did not, for whatever reason, have an affiliate or sponsorship deal in place with a Merge Skin or ACR or something to that effect.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah it's funny you mention that. I actually thought about throwing down $100 and putting up the Seals software here -- only for play money (maybe using Pahticipation Points to buy chips), but as a way to hold radio tournaments or whatever.

I think I'd need a separate server for it, though, and it probably wouldn't be worth all the trouble.

You're probably right that they got the $100 version.

Thread Information