Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Filthy Limper Poker Radio Thread***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    I have tried pleading to him to get professional help but I feel he wants to die just like Stu Ungar.
    Ok, now we've gone off the deep end a bit...
    Have you ever thought that these weird patterns of behavior might be cries for help?
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    I have tried pleading to him to get professional help but I feel he wants to die just like Stu Ungar.
    Lets not compare Micon to Stu Ungar... More like Ray Combs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post

Maybe I am bringing up the worst case scenario and a morbid one as well. I have lost someone close to me who thought he would make it in Las Vegas only to find himself an alcoholic and a drug addict who later lost his life from those addictions. I only met Micon once and to be honest he did not look well and as we have found out it only has gotten worse.
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric

Maybe I am bringing up the worst case scenario and a morbid one as well. I have lost someone close to me who thought he would make it in Las Vegas only to find himself an alcoholic and a drug addict who later lost his life from those addictions. I only met Micon once and to be honest he did not look well and as we have found out it only has gotten worse.
    And I really do wish Micon would take a good look in the mirror and ask himself if living the life of a degenerate gambler is really worth it. I can only wish that he makes the right choice.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    Me: bedshitter bedshitter bedshitter
    micon: hi
    Me: fuck u
    Me: pfa is where its at
    micon: not gonna be laughing when I ban you
    Me: can you ban this acct this place sucks
    Me: thanks in advance
    micon: np
    Me: ty
    micon: would you like a week ban or a lifelong ban?
    Me: gimme a lifer
    micon: I'm bringing a whole new management "don't give a shit" style to DD in 2012
    micon: busy now, I can hook you up later tho
    Me: like u gave a shit in the 1st place
    micon: u mad
    Me: no
    BTW you were speaking to " micon" - not the real micon. So... fail much?

Banned
    Load Metric
    I enjoy the Filthy Limper Radio Show.

How to make it better:

1. Earlier suggestions on improving the transitions between guests and hosts were correct. No reason for the awkward silence. EZ to correct. Don't mimic Larry King!

2. Every time I visit your site I get confused about Radio link and chat link. Why not make this fail proof? For example, a PFA or DD forum post link might bring me to a Blog Talk website for the show where there is nothing about a chat box link OR EVEN A LINK TO YOUR WEBSITE!

3. After Googling 'Filthy Limper' I arrive at your page. Still confused about how to listen to radio and participate in chat. There IS NO BUTTON FOR CHAT in the menu! One has to click the 'Connect' button to find the chat button! Why make it difficult for listeners?

4. I believe one has to register just listen to chat. Why not make chat simple?

You have a good radio program. Why not make it better? Someone asked me to call in during the most recent show. I couldn't find the number.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    I couldn't find the number.
    I'm not sure how you were unable to find the number. The page where the podcast is has the number to call in...

Load Metric
    I enjoy the Filthy Limper Radio Show.

How to make it better:

1. Earlier suggestions on improving the transitions between guests and hosts were correct. No reason for the awkward silence. EZ to correct. Don't mimic Larry King!

I made an effort to correct this on the last show because of earlier suggestions, hopefully it is better, if not I will keep working on it until it is.

2. Every time I visit your site I get confused about Radio link and chat link. Why not make this fail proof? For example, a PFA or DD forum post link might bring me to a Blog Talk website for the show where there is nothing about a chat box link OR EVEN A LINK TO YOUR WEBSITE!

There is a prominent link to the website on the Blog Talk page, not sure how you are missing this, I will provide several screen shots of various things for you later when I have some time

3. After Googling 'Filthy Limper' I arrive at your page. Still confused about how to listen to radio and participate in chat. There IS NO BUTTON FOR CHAT in the menu! One has to click the 'Connect' button to find the chat button! Why make it difficult for listeners?

I am not sure if this is your actual process of if you are being intentional sensational for dramatic effect or to illistrate what a new user goes through, but there should be no reason someone like yourself should need google to find my site. With that said, the connect button has been in place for 10 days, for the entire 3 months before then there was a chat button, and there will be one again soon, the reason for the connect button is that I have run out of links to use at the top of the page so I need the drop downs to consolidate them, 4 dragons is working on side bar solutions now, and the connect button will be removed once that is in place, it only effected a maximum of 2 shows

4. I believe one has to register just listen to chat. Why not make chat simple?

Chat was very, very simple as you probably rememeber, with no registration process at all and a simple guest login, you may also remember and hour or more of my show being consumed with one troll (jewdonk) coming in with tons of different names spouting off tons of racist and disgusting comments, so now, you have to register and account to particpate in the chat, not unreasonable imo, you need one in most places

You have a good radio program. Why not make it better? Someone asked me to call in during the most recent show. I couldn't find the number.

Don't get this one either, their are 4 places my number is easily accessible, 1.) I have a flashing on air graphic displayed during every show on every page of the website, the phone number is there, 2. on the BTR page it is in a GIGANTIC font right next to the player, 3. In the chat room it is part of a rotating group of messages that pop up 4. I say it on the air whenever I am looking for participation
    Overall I think the site itself is insanely easy to navigate through, but I am happy to help anyone and make any improvements that will make it easier for people. Thanks for the input.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Beebs9Dizzle View Post
    I couldn't find the number.
    I'm not sure how you were unable to find the number. The page where the podcast is has the number to call in...
    I probably wasn't clear enough. I meant the Blog Talk Filthy Limper page.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I've been away for a few days, so I haven't had the time to comment on this. I did manage to quickly read through all of this drama when I had a few minutes.

To put it simply, Jasep got royally screwed by Micon. I didn't want to comment earlier when I only had one side of the story (Jasep's), but now that I've gotten to read Micon's response, I'm floored.

Jasep's argument is essentially that he bought a sponsorship package on DD from Micon for $100, and Micon both took too long to run the ads (the minor problem) and insulted him and his business (the major problem).

Jasep complained that Micon called Filthy Limper "a fail site" on radio.

Micon countered that he called it a fail site because he actually felt it was one, and justified saying it because he claims DD always tells it like it is.

This is garbage.

There is a huge difference between softshoeing around wrongdoing of your sponsors and needlessly insulting them.

For example, if Lock Poker was a DD sponsor, and Micon dedicated a segment on radio to criticizing them for their shady actions, that would be completely acceptable. Being a sponsor shouldn't mean that you buy silence from poker media outlets about your company's cheating and wrongdoing. If Micon chose to criticize a sponsor that had done something wrong, I would applaud him.

But that's not what happened here.

Filthy Limper didn't do anything wrong. Filthy Limper didn't deserve to be insulted. Filthy Limper was just an upstart poker media site attempting to reach an audience.

Micon keeps going back to the fact that Jasep only paid $100 for the sponsorship. He keeps focusing on the claim that Jasep paid "way below the market rate", whatever that means. He keeps asking Jasep if he felt he got $100 worth of advertising out of the sponsorship.

None of that is relevant here.

It doesn't matter if Jasep paid $1000, $100, $10, $1, or 1 cent. He was a sponsor and deserved to be treated with respect. Once you accept his advertising money, you are committing to treat both him and his site well, and to do your best to promote them. You won't find any legitimate business -- media or otherwise -- insulting their sponsors simply because they feel like it.

If Micon was really so intent upon insulting Jasep and his site, he should have been up front about it before taking his money. He should have said, "Hey, Jasep, I'd like you to advertise on DD, but I just want to let you know I think your site is a failure, and I'm going to be insulting it on radio, even if you advertise with me. So before you send me any money, I want you to know and understand this."

Should Jasep have "expected" this treatment, simply because it was DD, or because Micon was the one in charge?

No.

It is automatically implied that your business will be treated respectfully when you pay for advertising on any site. The advertiser should never assume that the site owner might insult his business, especially if the advertiser's business has done nothing shady. And while Micon has made a lot of mistakes over the years, he's never done this before. Look at his recent sponsors. He always spoke positively about Hero Poker. He always spoke nicely about Draft Day. And Seals With Clubs, a site highly deserving of sharp criticism for its major security issues and near-dead activity levels, seems to get the royal treatment, with just a quick disclaimer that the site has "jank software" and the player should join at his own risk.

BOTTOM LINE: You don't bite the hand that feeds you. You need to appreciate those that are generous enough to sponsor you. You should never resent those companies, even if you think they paid less than they should have. You were the one who accepted the offer, so if you're mad about being underpaid, look in the mirror and insult yourself.

This was NOT a case of "telling it like it is". This was a case of needlessly insulting a business that supported you. This was a case of letting your resentment over what they paid influence your behavior.

Jasep deserves a refund. He definitely didn't get what he paid for. Part of what he paid for was respectful treatment of his business -- something incredibly standard in all advertising deals -- and he didn't get that.

Oh, and to quote what has been said by many about this issue lately: "I'll be glad to debate this point on radio with anyone who disagrees."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I've been away for a few days, so I haven't had the time to comment on this. I did manage to quickly read through all of this drama when I had a few minutes.

To put it simply, Jasep got royally screwed by Micon. I didn't want to comment earlier when I only had one side of the story (Jasep's), but now that I've gotten to read Micon's response, I'm floored.

Jasep's argument is essentially that he bought a sponsorship package on DD from Micon for $100, and Micon both took too long to run the ads (the minor problem) and insulted him and his business (the major problem).

Jasep complained that Micon called Filthy Limper "a fail site".

Micon countered that he called it a fail site because he actually felt it was one, and justified saying it because he claims DD always tells it like it is.

This is garbage.

There is a huge difference between softshoeing around wrongdoing of your sponsors and needlessly insulting them.

For example, if Lock Poker was a DD sponsor, and Micon dedicated a segment on radio to criticizing them for their shady actions, that would be completely acceptable. Being a sponsor shouldn't mean that you buy silence from poker media outlets about your company's cheating and wrongdoing. If Micon chose to criticize a sponsor that had done something wrong, I would applaud him.

But that's not what happened here.

Filthy Limper didn't do anything wrong. Filthy Limper didn't deserve to be insulted. Filthy Limper was just an upstart poker media site attempting to reach an audience.

Micon keeps going back to the fact that Jasep only paid $100 for the sponsorship. He keeps focusing on the claim that Jasep paid "way below the market rate", whatever that means. He keeps asking Jasep if he felt he got $100 worth of advertising out of the sponsorship.

None of that is relevant here.

It doesn't matter if Jasep paid $1000, $100, $10, $1, or 1 cent. He was a sponsor and deserved to be treated with respect. Once you accept his advertising money, you are committing to treat both him and his site well, and to do your best to promote them. You won't find any legitimate business -- media or otherwise -- insulting their sponsors simply because they feel like it.

If Micon was really so intent upon insulting Jasep and his site, he should have been up front about it before taking his money. He should have said, "Hey, Jasep, I'd like you to advertise on DD, but I just want to let you know I think your site is a failure, and I'm going to be insulting it on radio, even if you advertise with me. So before you send me any money, I want you to know and understand this."

Should Jasep have "expected" this treatment, simply because it was DD, or because Micon was in charge?

No.

It is automatically implied that your business will be treated respectfully when you pay for advertising on any site. The advertiser should never assume that the site owner might insult his business, especially if the advertiser's business have done nothing shady. And while Micon has made a lot of mistakes over the years, he's never done this before. Look at his recent sponsors. He always spoke positively about Hero Poker. He always spoke nicely about Draft Day. And Seals With Clubs, a site highly deserving of sharp criticism for its major security issues and near-dead activity levels, seems to get the royal treatment, with just a quick disclaimer that the site has "jank software" and the player should join at his own risk.

BOTTOM LINE: You don't bite the hand that feeds you. You need to appreciate those that are generous enough to sponsor you. You should never resent those companies, even if you think they paid less than they should have. You were the one who accepted the offer, so if you're mad about being underpaid, look in the mirror and insult yourself.

This was NOT a case of "telling it like it is". This was a case of needlessly insulting a business that supported you. This was a case of letting your resentment over what they paid influence your behavior.

Jasep deserves a refund. He definitely didn't get what he paid for. Part of what he paid for was respectful treatment of his business -- something incredibly standard in all advertising deals -- and he didn't get that.

Oh, and to quote what has been said by many about this issue lately: "I'll be glad to debate this point on radio with anyone who disagrees."

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Jasep's argument is essentially that he bought a sponsorship package on DD from Micon for $100, and Micon both took too long to run the ads (the minor problem) and insulted him and his business (the major problem)."
    In almost any other more standard business transaction, taking over a month to run the ads after getting paid up front would also be a major problem , not a minor problem imo.

Micon lacks common sense and decency both in business and in his personal life.
    But seriously, the ads should've been for 50 rather than for 100...for the lols, obv.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    Me: bedshitter bedshitter bedshitter
    Me: fuck u
    Me: pfa is where its at
    micon: not gonna be laughing when I ban you
    Me: can you ban this acct this place sucks
    Me: thanks in advance
    micon: np
    Me: ty
    micon: would you like a week ban or a lifelong ban?
    Me: gimme a lifer
    micon: I'm bringing a whole new management "don't give a shit" style to DD in 2012
    micon: busy now, I can hook you up later tho
    Me: like u gave a shit in the 1st place
    micon: u mad
    Me: no
    BTW you were speaking to " micon" - not the real micon. So... fail much?
    Woah Beebs, we keep that stuff on the low low
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Todd. What is your opinion of Micon forcing me to change my signature and avatar and when I don't comply manually changing them to an I love donk down avatar?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Todd. What is your opinion of Micon forcing me to change my signature and avatar and when I don't comply manually changing them to an I love donk down avatar?
    Incredibly immature and yet even more of a reason that he owes you a refund.

The site policy (and I know, because I was part of making it) allows you to advertise your own site in your signature and avatar, without having to pay any money to do so.

You are being punished because you complained about your sponsorship.

So essentially you sponsored the site, and now you are being given LESS opportunity to promote your site than everyone else who DIDN'T sponsor the site and paid Micon zero lifetime.

Nice.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    what episode of filthy limper radio was bryan broke retard micon on

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Incredibly immature and yet even more of a reason that he owes you a refund.

The site policy (and I know, because I was part of making it) allows you to advertise your own site in your signature and avatar, without having to pay any money to do so.

You are being punished because you complained about your sponsorship.

So essentially you sponsored the site, and now you are being given LESS opportunity to promote your site than everyone else who DIDN'T sponsor the site and paid Micon zero lifetime.

Nice.
    How did you manage to put up with Micon all those years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=Dan Druff;5375]
    This is hilarious, there must be some kind of award that Micon could be nominated for like most useless jew of the year or something, in fact has it ever been proved that Micon really IS a jew? I'm finding it hard to believe.

Load Metric

I probably wasn't clear enough. I meant the Blog Talk Filthy Limper page.
    This is still kind of mind boggling to me.

Here is a screen shot of a Blog Talk show that is live on the air right now:

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  70.3 KB

The Filthy Limper page looks identical when we are live on the air and the phone number is pretty prominent.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by drufdajewgod View Post
    what episode of filthy limper radio was bryan broke retard micon on
    Starts at 59:30

http://blogtalk.vo.llnwd.net/o23/sho...ow_2777213.mp3

Also, Druff appeared on this same episode after Micon.

Thread Information