Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Filthy Limper Poker Radio Thread***

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Did you say you ARE on iTunes....I'm too lazy to look for myself...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProlapse View Post
    Did you say you ARE on iTunes....I'm too lazy to look for myself...
    yes

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Jasep you knew better than to deal with that conniving cheap bloodsucking kike.

The second we saw it we all told you it was destined for fail.

:themoreyouknow
    I mean, obviously i use(d) DD to promote my show (as did Gwaipo, Hollywood Dave and a few others, all free BTW) but for whatever reason it was determined that I owed money for it and Micon hit me up, I don't post PM's but there were lots of gems and I decided that maybe I could get some promotional value out of it other than just bumping my threads and promoting to the same people I always promote to. I was expecting the Draft Day treatment, instead I got punked off, Seals with Clubs get a better deal, for what is most likely a third of the money I was paying. Micon is very entitled and handles things poorly, I think at this point no one can argue that, I got out cheap imo... Ohh and the 50 dollars Brandon was paid came directly as a result of me paying my sponsorship money to micon, without it zod would be at zero I believe

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post

I mean, obviously i use(d) DD to promote my show (as did Gwaipo, Hollywood Dave and a few others, all free BTW) but for whatever reason it was determined that I owed money for it and Micon hit me up, I don't post PM's but there were lots of gems and I decided that maybe I could get some promotional value out of it other than just bumping my threads and promoting to the same people I always promote to. I was expecting the Draft Day treatment, instead I got punked off, Seals with Clubs get a better deal, for what is most likely a third of the money I was paying. Micon is very entitled and handles things poorly, I think at this point no one can argue that, I got out cheap imo... Ohh and the 50 dollars Brandon was paid came directly as a result of me paying my sponsorship money to micon, without it zod would be at zero I believe
    Hold on...so you never approached Micon about sponsorship and he comes to you and says "you owe me money pay up??? because you posted a thread on your radio??? LOOOOOLLLL.

Please Dear Lord post those PM's, you just can't make this shit up.

Fuck him.

Load Metric

Hold on...so you never approached Micon about sponsorship and he comes to you and says "you owe me money pay up??? because you posted a thread on your radio??? LOOOOOLLLL.

Fuck him.
    There is a very, very long PM exchange between us, and I refuse to post all of it. This is just a partial PM from Micon, I cut it off before numbers were mentioned and I will not be posting anything else from my PM box here..., this is simply to verify..

you guys are doing good stuff over there. I have allowed you guys to do whatever you wanted for a while, and I see you got SealsWithClubs as an advertiser as well.

I feel now it's time for you guys to pay me something for a 150x150 banner and the ability to bump your thread during radio time.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Fuck him.
    There is a very, very long PM exchange between us, and I refuse to post all of it. This is just a partial PM from Micon, I cut it off before numbers were mentioned and I will not be posting anything else from my PM box here..., this is simply to verify..

you guys are doing good stuff over there. I have allowed you guys to do whatever you wanted for a while, and I see you got SealsWithClubs as an advertiser as well.

I feel now it's time for you guys to pay me something for a 150x150 banner and the ability to bump your thread during radio time.
    Dude I believe every word trust me.

I just always thought YOU went to HIM.

Usually websites don't extort their members, but Mycon never sees a low he doesn't want to hit so it doesn't surprise me one bit.

Did Druff know about this at the time?

Load Metric

Fuck him.

also, FWIW Seals with Clubs approached me about advertising on the show. I did not pursue them and they are no longer an advertiser. I feel like the site is not safe as I have played on 3 computers in the same room, at the same table without even a warning, i could destroy everyone on that site in a cash game scenario with this edge as could almost any competent player (I discovered this when we had a freeroll on seals and all 3 hosts played from the studio). I later tested this in a cash game and it was completely fine, it is very exploitable. I also feel like the response from the owner when a member posted in chat my name, address and phone number was about as poor as any business owner can handle anything. So china hooked me up with Black Chip

Load Metric

Fuck him.

Dude I believe every word trust me.

I just always thought YOU went to HIM.

Usually websites don't extort their members, but Mycon never sees a low he doesn't want to hit so it doesn't surprise me one bit.

Did Druff know about this at the time?
    I may have mentioned in passing at some point that I would do some advertising first, I don't think so but I am not willing to wager on it, I don't really remember and if I did it was just one of those nice things to say without any real meaning behind it. Micon aggressively pursued me to the point of being uncomfortable. Druff left long before I advertised, but yes, he was informed later

Load Metric
    Good show last night. Court made a pretty good co-host. The interviews are good but I'm much more interested in the gossipy stuff like E-dog debts and crap like that. I bet if somebody ever did a show based on NVG stuff it would be well listened to.

I'm sorry about the way Micon treated your paid advertisement. "cute little site"...another "fail site"...doesn't even know your name...like I said before I was embarrassed for him. I'm a small business owner and I can't even comprehend treating my customers like that...then again I'm successful.

Load Metric

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Good show last night. Court made a pretty good co-host. The interviews are good but I'm much more interested in the gossipy stuff like E-dog debts and crap like that. I bet if somebody ever did a show based on NVG stuff it would be well listened to.

I'm sorry about the way Micon treated your paid advertisement. "cute little site"...another "fail site"...doesn't even know your name...like I said before I was embarrassed for him. I'm a small business owner and I can't even comprehend treating my customers like that...then again I'm successful.
    Thanks. Generally I try not to spend to much time on stuff other podcasts just talked about to not bore the listeners. I also don't spend as much time as I should. In nvg to give a detailed account of everything I mostly rely on kevmath for that. I will keep it in kind for this week though

Load Metric
    Listened to the last bunch of shows, most of last night's included. In general, big fan, but there's one thing that happens over and over that makes the show sounds rough and hastily thrown together, and it's not that hard to fix. If you don't mind, I have to point this out, as it kills the tempo of your show.

During certain segments, there are virtually no transitions between topics, and the silences and hard transitions between topics comes off as awkward and disjointed. You need to somehow acknowledge what the previous person said, then go into whatever is next. Jasep, your interactions with Kevmath last night personified this. He'd go on for a minute or 2, talk about something, make a complete little story, and when it was over, there's be a second or 2 of silence, then you'd be like "What else you got, Kev?" He' start another piece, do the same thing for a minute or 2, finish, then silence, then "Anything else, Kev?" Obv I'm doing this from memory, so the quotes aren't exact, but I think its probably pretty close. You should at least follow up what he says with a "interesting stuff," or "hard to believe. What's next on the list?" Anything is better than nothing in this situation. Maybe I remember it worse than it was, but it happens to some degree in every show, and it just sounds like you're unprepared or not really listening to what the other guy is saying when this happens, even when you clearly know what you are talking about. It turns a conversation into a series of short monologues, where you are only listening for when the person is done, not for what they are actually saying.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 03-16-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Load Metric

Fuck him.

The sad part is you can see the cogs in his head turning slowly and he has the right idea, he should make some cash of you or anyone else who gets advertising value on his forum, but the execution is just so bad...Does he not ask Martha for advice? The sentence structure and grammar are bad enough but "I have allowed you guys to do whatever" is so fucking unprofessional. If you want to be treated like a man and paid on time you lead by example- be the man you wish others to perceive you as.

I don't get why, after all this time, he still doesn't get outside help. At the very least he could read the Wall Street Journal in the bathroom so as not to say things during business negotiations like "I feel now it's time for you guys to pay me something"....You can just tell he hates confronting you about the money, and if I had to guess, someone else put him up to asking you in the first place.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Listened to the last bunch of shows, most of last night's included. In general, big fan, but there's one thing that happens over and over that makes the show sounds rough and hastily thrown together, and it's not that hard to fix. If you don't mind, I have to point this out, as it kills the tempo of your show.

During certain segments, there are virtually no transitions between topics, and the silences and hard transitions between topics comes off as awkward and disjointed. You need to somehow acknowledge what the previous person said, then go into whatever is next. Jasep, your interactions with Kevmath last night personified this. He'd go on for a minute or 2, talk about something, make a complete little story, and when it was over, there's be a second or 2 of silence, then you'd be like "What else you got, Kev?" He' start another piece, do the same thing for a minute or 2, finish, then silence, then "Anything else, Kev?" Obv I'm doing this from memory, so the quotes aren't exact, but I think its probably pretty close. You should at least follow up what he says with a "interesting stuff," or "hard to believe. What's next on the list?" Anything is better than nothing in this situation. Maybe I remember it worse than it was, but it happens to some degree in every show, and it just sounds like you're unprepared or not really listening to what the other guy is saying when this happens, even when you clearly know what you are talking about. It turns a conversation into a series of short monologues, where you are only listening for when the person is done, not for what they are actually saying.
    I appreciate it, I will make a conscious effort to correct this as I didn't even realize it was happening. I really look for constructive criticism like this to help me improve the show. I will be honest, the last 3 shows were done completely over skype and it is really hard to know when one of the co-hosts wants to talk next that way. When we were all in one studio it was easy because whoever had something to say would just signal the other 2, but that probably wont happen a lot anymore, also I used to do musical breaks to go piss and what not but people complained about the music in the middle of the show so sometimes i text Kevin and tell him to take over for a minute so i can piss and when i come back I missed what was just said.

I am also way to concerned with the clock at times as I schedule guests at specific times and hate being late so I often am thinking farther ahead than the moment and dont pay full attention and that is a flaw of mine. If you are interested I will send you some free swag if you listen to the shows and let me know where I need improvement or are improving each week.

Load Metric
    I was just going to say that I'm glad you don't play generic songs anytime during your shows. Playing songs is gay.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Did it bother you the way Micon handled your advertisement 2 weeks ago on DD radio? It was so unprofessional that I was embarrassed for him. If you paid money for that I hope you received a refund.

Micon's a fucking clown
    It bothered me very much and I did pay money for it. I actually wish he would take my banner ad down now as I don't want to appear like a supporter of DD in its current form and i opted not to renew for another month. I think he thinks he is doing me a solid though because of his gross fail from day 1 on the deal. I haven't even bothered talking to him about it yet.

I have no problem with the uncensored nature of the show, obv I have been a member for awhile, but I have issue with the fact that I paid exactly what hero poker paid and Micon basically shot insults at me disguised as compliments both on his show and when he was on my show. I don't care if its his true feelings but don't shake me down and then shit on me for my dollars.... That is a big reason why I am no longer present in the chat on Wednesdays and i no longer mention the site on my show... and your crazy if you think i am getting refunded.

Just to be clear, if my sponsorship was handled better I would have continued it indefinitely at the same rate that David Jung paid and the users could have gotten free rolls etc out of me, but based 100% on Micon's handling of my site and my money I opt to never give him another dime for anything. Druff can have whatever he wants though.
    Micon's fail runs so deep. His brand has lost all value since Druff left. Future sponsors beware. Anyone that advertises with Micon risks an immediate devaluation of their brand. This is another area where Druff has a huge advantage. Micon would let any fail/scam company advertise with him and everyone knows it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Regarding "shaking down" people for advertisement $:

There's a fine line between spam and allowing your members to promote their own project in exchange for their longtime pahticipation on your site.

So if some random showed up here and tried to make an official thread about his radio show or website, I would instantly delete it and tell him to pay for advertising or GTFO.

If a known user makes a thread about his site, that's a different story. I don't feel a need to force them to advertise, or call their thread "spam". It's the least I can do for them for adding content to my site in the past.

I'm just starting to sell advertising here. Some ads will likely be up shortly. Advertisers will get things like a banner, text links, radio mentions, stickied threads, etc. That's stuff you pay for, which is very standard.

Starting a thread about your site, and bumping it every so often when you have something relevant to add, should be a courtesy given to all active and semi-active members.

That's why I told Jasep I didn't want his money to create this thread. Now, if Jasep wants to advertise here, he's welcome to, and THEN I'll take his money. But at no time is it expected, and I will never pressure anyone to advertise here at any time.

I also should add that I appreciate Filthy Limper for giving me a place on internet radio to sound off during my "downtime" between my leaving DD and starting this forum. Topics would come up, I'd think to myself, "I have a lot to say about this, but I really have nowhere to say it", and Filthy Limper always gave me unlimited time to spout off. I appreciate that, which is why I consider Filthy Limper to be a friend of PFA.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post
    Believe it or not, this is deserving of HoF! (that and more visually appealing)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

I appreciate it, I will make a conscious effort to correct this as I didn't even realize it was happening. I really look for constructive criticism like this to help me improve the show. I will be honest, the last 3 shows were done completely over skype and it is really hard to know when one of the co-hosts wants to talk next that way. When we were all in one studio it was easy because whoever had something to say would just signal the other 2, but that probably wont happen a lot anymore, also I used to do musical breaks to go piss and what not but people complained about the music in the middle of the show so sometimes i text Kevin and tell him to take over for a minute so i can piss and when i come back I missed what was just said.

I am also way to concerned with the clock at times as I schedule guests at specific times and hate being late so I often am thinking farther ahead than the moment and dont pay full attention and that is a flaw of mine. If you are interested I will send you some free swag if you listen to the shows and let me know where I need improvement or are improving each week.
    Like Kessler and questions of tourney structures, I will give you my opinion free of charge whenever I notice something worth mentioning.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Regarding "shaking down" people for advertisement $:

There's a fine line between spam and allowing your members to promote their own project in exchange for their longtime pahticipation on your site.

So if some random showed up here and tried to make an official thread about his radio show or website, I would instantly delete it and tell him to pay for advertising or GTFO.

If a known user makes a thread about his site, that's a different story. I don't feel a need to force them to advertise, or call their thread "spam". It's the least I can do for them for adding content to my site in the past.

I'm just starting to sell advertising here. Some ads will likely be up shortly. Advertisers will get things like a banner, text links, radio mentions, stickied threads, etc. That's stuff you pay for, which is very standard.

Starting a thread about your site, and bumping it every so often when you have something relevant to add, should be a courtesy given to all active and semi-active members.

That's why I told Jasep I didn't want his money to create this thread. Now, if Jasep wants to advertise here, he's welcome to, and THEN I'll take his money. But at no time is it expected, and I will never pressure anyone to advertise here at any time.

I also should add that I appreciate Filthy Limper for giving me a place on internet radio to sound off during my "downtime" between my leaving DD and starting this forum. Topics would come up, I'd think to myself, "I have a lot to say about this, but I really have nowhere to say it", and Filthy Limper always gave me unlimited time to spout off. I appreciate that, which is why I consider Filthy Limper to be a friend of PFA.
    Send ad info to pm box obv....

Load Metric
    This week on the Poker Podcast we discuss our tournaments so far at Foxwoods and the recent New York Times article about Foxwoods being in financial trouble and our take on how the casino has (d)evolved in the last decade. We break down the increasingly popular Filthy Limper Online Poker League and the standings so far. We will be joined by up and coming tournament professional John Alan “Bistro” Hinds. We will discuss the road and the struggles and triumphs of being a young player in the current poker environment. We will discuss Daniel Negreanu’s latest Vlog and the resulting ban that he received from 2 plus 2. We discuss the new iSeriesLive event that he will participate in and how that innovation will impact the future of poker. Kevin and Johnny give their own ideas for poker innovations. Join us for the Black Chip Poker Free roll where the winner will get cash plus a free deck of Blind Squirrel Apparel Playing Cards.

Password for the free roll is limper2012

Thread Information