Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post
    well played johnny saks, first you scam ppl, then you poach drexel
    You can poach people who were let go?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    well played johnny saks, first you scam ppl, then you poach drexel
    Jasep, let it go man... haters gonna hate.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachar View Post
    Jasep, let it go man... haters gonna hate.
    not hating,ok

my review of the last show

johnny saks, you really need to work on your delivery as you come across as incoherent at times

you have to be a little more articulate, as you are always searching for the right word(s) to express an opinion. At least drexel who has a habit of bastardizing the english language is at least entertaining

even Tim ( poor mans drexel) has a lot more personality than both you and kevin

the show lacks fluency, this can be improved

want me to go on?

Load Metric
    No thanks fluffer

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    No thanks fluffer
    i have listened to all your shows, so im obviously a fan, and appreciate the effort you have put in

just trying to offer constructive criticism, ok

and please stop being a fuckin pussy and threaten to stop doing your show because of all the haters

No thanks fluffer
    i have listened to all your shows, so im obviously a fag, and appreciate the effort you have put in

trying to help out

Load Metric
    I've actually listened to a couple archived shows and tuned in for part of the show live this week. I like the way Jasep questions people, it's more of a Larry King style where he asks a fairly basic question and let's the person answer it how they see fit --after all the guest is who the new people are tuning in for, and what the topics of the show revolve around: Jasep's fans will be their regardless.

All of the shows I have heard were with "friendlies" so there shouldn't be any problem getting them to talk. I mean, I haven't heard him deal with any contentious, hostile, interviewees, so it's hard to say just how hard-hittting and pointed his questions could be, but for the people that have been on he seems to ask pertinent, thoughtful, questions, not to mention he's well-educated on most of the topics discussed.

As far as the pauses and such; who gives a shit! He's hosting an Internet poker podcast not taking over for Conan O'Brien. What do you people expect from these podcasts?????
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post
    i have listened to all your shows, so im obviously a fag, and appreciate the effort you have put in

trying to help out
    not if i am strictly a power top, ok

Load Metric
    No thanks fluffer
    i have listened to all your shows, so im obviously a fan, and appreciate the effort you have put in

and please stop being a fuckin pussy and threaten to stop doing your show because of all the haters
    With everyone else I welcome constructive criticism and work to correct it, I keep a dialogue with the person after I attempt to make improvements and and always offer up free clothing for helping (see crowe diddly). However, all of your posts are just way to trollish for me to engage you seriously on the topic. I appreciate you listening and I hope you enjoy the show and I can tell you I work very hard to improve my performance.

If I can make a suggestion to you... If you want to be taken seriously and engage in solid, constructive conversation than change your approach, change your avatar, realize no one cares about your dick, ass, bacne, and no grown man should say *giggling*

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    I've actually listened to a couple archived shows and tuned in for part of the show live this week. I like the way Jasep questions people, it's more of a Larry King style where he asks a fairly basic question and let's the person answer it how they see fit --after all the guest is who the new people are tuning in for, and what the topics of the show revolve around: Jasep's fans will be their regardless.

All of the shows I have heard were with "friendlies" so there shouldn't be any problem getting them to talk. I mean, I haven't heard him deal with any contentious, hostile, interviewees, so it's hard to say just how hard-hittting and pointed his questions could be, but for the people that have been on he seems to ask pertinent, thoughtful, questions, not to mention he's well-educated on most of the topics discussed.

As far as the pauses and such; who gives a shit! He's hosting an Internet poker podcast not taking over for Conan O'Brien. What do you people expect from these podcasts?????
    +1

Couldn't say it any better... it's not like people are waiting 5 mins between segments... wow this isn't CNN, it's FLPR

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

Thanks Steve. I have only really had on one guest that I genuinely did not like at the time and that was Andrew Badaker, he came up in the game with my co-host and me and him butted heads a bit in the past, other than that I have on guests that I like. I don't feel the need to dig deep and pry, I extend respect to my guests. I am not saying I won't ever pry if I think it needs to be done. Listen the the UCARE scandal show that I did, at one point an employee and freind of the owner called in and me and him had a very animated back and forth and it was probably more the interview style people want to hear.

The only interview I regret is Annie Duke because I agreed with her rep before hand not to veer from the questions I submitted, and I wanted to but I was not willing to go back on my word to do it.

*giggling*
    Load Metric

With everyone else I welcome constructive criticism and work to correct it, I keep a dialogue with the person after I attempt to make improvements and and always offer up free clothing for helping (see crowe diddly). However, all of your posts are just way to trollish for me to engage you seriously on the topic. I appreciate you listening and I hope you enjoy the show and I can tell you I work very hard to improve my performance.

If I can make a suggestion to you... If you want to be taken seriously and engage in solid, constructive conversation than change your approach, change your avatar, realize no one cares about your dick, ass, bacne, and no grown man should say *giggling*
    BUT THATS MY SCHTICK!!!!...

I HAVE NOTHING ELSE, OK

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    oh, btw there is a saying about ''striving for excellence'', mr saks

not mediocrity, ok

Load Metric
    Tonight is Old School night on Filthy Limper Poker Radio.

We will be joined by guest Co-Hosts Bootsy Collins and John Devine...

We will have poker writer Steve "Steve-O" Ruddock from www.PokerNewsBoy.com on the show to discuss shadiness in online poker rooms (pokerstars vs. Lock) and Mass. Gambling laws that have been passed.

Steve will also play a game with us, Pokers "Mike Walker Game" He will read 5 old school stories from the old Rec.Gambling days and it will be up to the hosts to decide which item is false.

We will be joined by Texas Poker Historian Johnny Hughes to talk about old poker stories and his writing with Bluff Europe and his novels.

Brandon "Drexel" Gerson was scheduled for the show but something came up and he will not be able to participate to an extent but he will try to call in from the road.

Password for the Black Chip freeroll is blindsquirrel

Listen live beginning at 8pm EST.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Jasep - is there any chance you can improve the sound quality on your podcasts. 11kHz mono is 1990s telephone quality.

Can you jump on Druff's setup which sounds 100x better?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Jasep - is there any chance you can improve the sound quality on your podcasts. 11kHz mono is 1990s telephone quality.

Good question.

I am aware of the audio, it sounds like telephone quality because it is telephone quality, Blog Talk does all of their hosting via telephone connections. I went with them because I did not have the technical prowess or the funding to do the show without a third party application... I now do have those things and we are in the process of developing radio and a few other things that will make everyone happy.

We have a May projection date until FLPR as you know it gets completely transformed, I made a decision to do the shows with what I have for now rather than not do them at all.

If anyone doesn't currently listen because of quality issues I ask that you come back and give it another listen in about 3-4 weeks when we roll our a new production.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

Good question.

I am aware of the audio, it sounds like telephone quality because it is telephone quality, Blog Talk does all of their hosting via telephone connections. I went with them because I did not have the technical prowess or the funding to do the show without a third party application... I now do have those things and we are in the process of developing radio and a few other things that will make everyone happy.

We have a May projection date until FLPR as you know it gets completely transformed, I made a decision to do the shows with what I have for now rather than not do them at all.

If anyone doesn't currently listen because of quality issues I ask that you come back and give it another listen in about 3-4 weeks when we roll our a new production.
    Good stuff. Look forward to it.

Load Metric
    We are broadcasting live on the air! Listen in at http://tobtr.com/s/3121541. #Poker

Load Metric
    Johnny Hughes was EPIC!!!! There is no school like the old school and he is the headmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Thread Information