Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Filthy Limper Poker Radio Thread***

Load Metric

***Official Filthy Limper Poker Radio Thread***

Hello everyone,

I will use this thread to update anyone who is interested in Filthy Limper, This week is the launch of our second season of programming, we have one new show debuting and the return of our news show hosted by myself and Kevmath and our Flagship show, Filthy Limper Poker Radio moving to a new night (Thursdays at 8pm EST). Amanda Musumeci will be joining us as our tournament strategy analyst and we will have a new co-host (several guest hosts will be on while we prep for the new co-host to come on permanently) All information about the changes and what is coming up can be found here:

http://www.filthylimper.com/2012/02/...-site-changes/

A preview of this Thursday nights show is below:

The Poker Podcast returns this Thursday night for season 2 of Filthy Limper Poker Radio. This week on the show we are joined by special guest Co-Host Thomas “SrslySirius” Keeling. Thomas joins us in the co-host seat and we will discuss his departure from Quad Jacks as well as his upcoming projects.

Regular contributor and friend of Filthy Limper, 2005 World Series of Poker Bracelet Winner Todd “Dan Druff” Witelles returns to the show to talk about the exciting launch of his new website www.PokerFraudAlert.com we will discuss the project and it’s roll in providing a huge service to the poker community. Druff will also give us a taste of what to expect from PFA with his breakdown of the Erik Lindgren fantasy football debt controversy that has been unfolding on www.twoplustwo.com.

We will be joined by former host on the FLPR network and tournament professional Tim “BeatbyRags” Byrd to talk about his deep run in the West Palm Beach, FL WSOPc Main Event.

We discuss Gavin Griffins latest blog and the process of rebuilding in poker.

We launch the Filthy Limper Poker League hosted exclusively by Black Chip Poker. Set up your account at Black Chip Poker HERE We will be giving away tons of prizes for the 10 week league including an Ipad 2 to the winner and clothing packages from Filthy Limper and Black Chip Poker. The password will be given away on the air and in our live chat, all this and more this week on the podcast.

Load Metric
    Did you ever write a blog about the West Palm trip?
    Last edited by shortbuspoker; 03-06-2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: spelling

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Did you ever write a blog about the West Palm trip?
    It will be discussed at length on this Thursday nights show.

Load Metric
    This site is actually still around? lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    This site is actually still around? lol
    Around and thriving, feel free to check it out, if you haven't listened in a while give this weeks show a listen, if we have made a fan out of you hit me up for some free swag.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    Hello everyone,

I will use this thread to update anyone who is interested in Filthy Limper, This week is the launch of our second season of programming, we have one new show debuting and the return of our news show hosted by myself and Kevmath and our Flagship show, Filthy Limper Poker Radio moving to a new night (Thursdays at 8pm EST). Amanda Musumeci will be joining us as our tournament strategy analyst and we will have a new co-host (several guest hosts will be on while we prep for the new co-host to come on permanently) All information about the changes and what is coming up can be found here:

http://www.filthylimper.com/2012/02/...-site-changes/

A preview of this Thursday nights show is below:

The Poker Podcast returns this Thursday night for season 2 of Filthy Limper Poker Radio. This week on the show we are joined by special guest Co-Host Thomas “SrslySirius” Keeling. Thomas joins us in the co-host seat and we will discuss his departure from Quad Jacks as well as his upcoming projects.

Regular contributor and friend of Filthy Limper, 2005 World Series of Poker Bracelet Winner Todd “Dan Druff” Witelles returns to the show to talk about the exciting launch of his new website www.PokerFraudAlert.com we will discuss the project and it’s roll in providing a huge service to the poker community. Druff will also give us a taste of what to expect from PFA with his breakdown of the Erik Lindgren fantasy football debt controversy that has been unfolding on www.twoplustwo.com.

We will be joined by former host on the FLPR network and tournament professional Tim “BeatbyRags” Byrd to talk about his deep run in the West Palm Beach, FL WSOPc Main Event.

We discuss Gavin Griffins latest blog and the process of rebuilding in poker.

We launch the Filthy Limper Poker League hosted exclusively by Black Chip Poker. Set up your account at Black Chip Poker HERE We will be giving away tons of prizes for the 10 week league including an Ipad 2 to the winner and clothing packages from Filthy Limper and Black Chip Poker. The password will be given away on the air and in our live chat, all this and more this week on the podcast.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post
    Despite all the BC's you slam me with, I am a big fan of you as a poster. Keep up the good work.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    Around and thriving, feel free to check it out, if you haven't listened in a while give this weeks show a listen, if we have made a fan out of you hit me up for some free swag.
    Alright, will do. I admit I haven't been on there since you first started.

Load Metric
    Apart from the rampant thread hijack I have listened to filthy limper and it is very decent. Jasep is intelligent and has worthwhile content to listen to.

Good luck with the show buddy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Apart from the rampant thread hijack I have listened to filthy limper and it is very decent. Jasep is intelligent and has worthwhile content to listen to.

Good luck with the show buddy.
    Thanks Mike, hopefully I can get this thread back on track...

As a side note, even though we have pretty much been at each others throats on another board, the new incarnation, God seems to be God at PFA

Load Metric
    Can you please do a segment on why you think many guys in their 30's and above, including yourself, are too fucking lazy to get a normal job that actually makes money and instead play poker with enough results to hopefully pay the rent and groceries on a good month?

Another segment on why somebody would drive 3000 miles to play in a $500 buy in that they can't even fund themselves.

I'm serious about this...I don't understand how somebody your age can't get a normal job, obv out of laziness because you don't come across as a complete retard, in order to give your family some hope for a decent retirement.

TIA

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Can you please do a segment on why you think many guys in their 30's and above, including yourself, are too fucking lazy to get a normal job that actually makes money and instead play poker with enough results to hopefully pay the rent and groceries on a good month?

Another segment on why somebody would drive 3000 miles to play in a $500 buy in that they can't even fund themselves.

I'm serious about this...I don't understand how somebody your age can't get a normal job, obv out of laziness because you don't come across as a complete retard, in order to give your family some hope for a decent retirement.

TIA
    LOL. Isn't this what I asked Bryan Micon?
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric

TIA
    I don't need to do a segment about this, I can answer it right here if you like.

1.) What makes you assume that I have to grind with the hopes of making this months rent check? I have done well in the last 11 years and I continue to do well, but one losing month, a string of losing months or even a losing year will not put me in a position where I am on the streets searching for my next meal. I also have a few investments that produce income monthly that have nothing to do with poker. I am by no means a rich person but I also don't struggle to get by because I am a degenerate. Me or my family have never not eaten or had basic things in life because of a bad poker run.

2.) I did not go to Florida to play in a $500.00 buy-in tournament. I went to Florida to play in a series of tournaments, one of which was a $550.00 buy-in, but had 3 total entries accounted for 1650.00 plus a series of $345.00 tournaments, I did not play my full set because of a deep run in the Million that carried across multiple days. Also, if I have to explain to you why selling pieces of yourself for tournament series is a good idea than I can't do much for you there. It just so happens I had a huge month leading up to this event and wound up taking a bigger chunk of myself than I originally planned anyway. I also had pieces of 4 other players in Florida so my total investment was much more than you would think. Also, its not like I drove to save money, it was actually right around 3 times the cost of flying, I drove mostly for the experience. A group of us went down, we stopped to see some things, stayed over night, ate, etc.. It was a road trip, probably my last one but it wasn't some cost saving measure.

3.) I don't punch a clock and have a boss because I don't want to hate my existence and talk myself out of putting a bullet through my brain daily. I do something I love and it produces enough money for me to live at a level I am comfortable living at. My family is taken care of, my obligations are met. I can assure you that I am far from lazy, I spend a lot more time and effort every week on poker, playing it, researching it, doing my website than probably your average middle class person spends working on their job.

4.) My families retirement is probably way more sound than the average person who is upside down on their mortgage, lives paycheck to paycheck and stays up at night stressing out about putting their kids through college. (For what its worth there was a point when I worked for Verizon Wireless for some time and I absolutely hated it and was routinely in a mess financially because of it) I understand that most poker players have a clear disregard for money and massive life leaks but I'm just not one of those guys. I don't ball out of control, buy watches and nonsense when I score, develop systems for beating the house, throw around hundos at the strip club or get massages in the spa. I go to work, I grind, I make my money and I leave. I don't win every time, but the games I play can never cripple me, and if we approach a point where they look like they may do that than I will move down and rebuild.

It's just what I do man, I've done it forever, it works for me. It's my particular way of getting by in life and I don't ask anyone for anything out of financial hardship.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm going to split the jsearles/jasep argument into another thread.

There's no reason to hijack this one with that ongoing (and to be honest, not particularly interesting) argument.

Please continue the argument in the new thread if you want, but let Jasep talk about his radio show in this thread.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

There's no reason to hijack this one with that ongoing (and to be honest, not particularly interesting) argument.

Please continue the argument in the new thread if you want, but let Jasep talk about his radio show in this thread.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Awesome! Thanks Todd, I agree that it isn't that interesting, and he can talk to himself in there all he wants my points were made, and thats the end of that one.

Load Metric
    Also, just a note, next weeks show will be co-hosted by Court Harrington formerly of Poker Road.

If anyone has any questions for him please leave them here.

Load Metric
    Good catch man. He knows his shit and has some great stories. He can also be a good in for getting people like Devo or Gobbo onto the show at some point.

Load Metric
    Ok, thank you for the detailed response.

Good luck with your show/site.

For the record, I didn't mean anything about the drive to Florida...it was the whole point of traveling all the way to Florida to play in a couple relatively low limit events.

Load Metric
    Ok, thank you for the detailed response.

Good luck with your show/site.

For the record, I didn't mean anything about the drive to Florida...it was the whole point of traveling all the way to Florida to play in a couple relatively low limit events.
    I mean low limit is relative, the buy-ins were definitely low but the place put a huge guarantee (1,000,000) on a 550.00 buy in. It wasn't like I just decided to go out of the blue, a ton of people traveled in for the event. By all accounts from everyone I know that has played in Florida it is a soft state (and they were not wrong) and generally a tournament series smashes the guarantee. This tournament had a 1.3 Million Dollar prize pool and they sold out every day, if the facility was bigger it would have been closer to 2 Mill.

The top 2 spots were 6 figure pay days, you can't really beat that imo. I play in lots of 300-500ish buy in tournaments throughout the year and mostly we are looking at like a 30kish first place prize.

My Co-Host finished 11th for almost 12k, nothing wrong with that.

For whatever it's worth I played the Borgata Poker Open and The Foxwoods Mega stack right before this and I have Foxwoods Poker classic, Borgata Spring Open and WSOP coming up in the next few months so its not like I just throw darts at a dart board and play whatever, I put some thought into it and Florida seemed like a good value... and it was, we all made money.

Thread Information